It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain apologizes for remarks about 'wasted' US Iraq troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

McCain apologizes for remarks about 'wasted' US Iraq troops

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

WASHINGTON -- Republican presidential hopeful Senator John McCain apologized Thursday for remarks that some critics interpreted as undervaluing the service of US troops in Iraq.

Late Wednesday, while announcing his plan to run for the presidency on the late night comedy-variety Late Show on CBS television, McCain said about the Iraq war: "Americans are very frustrated and they have every right to be. We wasted a lot of our most precious treasure, which is American lives, over there."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
McCain's comments and the debacle at Walter Reed show the real attitude of this administrations view of the grunts on the ground.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Seems to me that anytime anyone says anything about "our troops" they're automatically under the gun about how they said it or what they meant by it. We have wasted a lot of our most precious treasure over there. It's been a waste. Nothing good has come of it and nothing will. They were wasted. That's what's so terrible about it.

It was all for nothing...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Excuse me... but what other word besides wasted best describes the lives lost in this dumb ass war?

Lives have been ruined and lost just so a pathetic egotistical little man could say he finished what his father didn't. If that is not a waste and pity I don't know what is.

McCain spoke right the first time and he shouldn't have to apologize or backtrack for speaking the truth. The thing is, with all his public support for the war to begin with, it was probably just a Freudian slip.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by grover]

top topics

join