It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Bill to Give Each Newborn $500...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
and Californians will line up to vote for this because they think its a great way to help people, then in a year when the program kicks off their taxes will skyrocket to cope with the amount of money being doled out, especially to those who have no legal right to be in the country in the first place. Its an awful shame I don't have a digg down button here on ATS

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Thanks, Sardion2000 I made a spelling booboo but you got my question, I still think that somebody is going to be making money out of these accounts. . .

Battleofbatoche, nice information.

Actually, it does sounds harmless enough but something is missing here. . .

Did Bill Clinton try this before?

It was call IDAs in his 1992 campaign and later was to become a Child trust fund give away just like California.

clinton4.nara.gov...

[edit on 2-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
[edit on 2-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has actually looked up the statistics on how many children are born a year and multiplied that by the $500, but that is a crap load of money that is coming from the state of California.

This chart[ /url] is a search from 2004 births that I did. There are other [url=http://www.dhs.ca.gov/CHS/OHIR/tables/birth/birthrates.htm]charts listed on this website as well.

I just wonder how they plan to fund this kind of plan?

I also wonder what other areas in the state will be affected by this law? Education? Law Enforcement? Transportation? Medical Care? Roads?
The money has to come from somewhere. Raising taxes seems to be the obvious choice, but how much are the taxpayers willing to pay? I am sure there is snake hiding in the grass on this one.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by dirty_underground]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't think we should be giving away free money while in the middle of a massive debt. The majority will not wisely use the money in the end, anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground
I agree, something more is behind this. I also feel it should be limited to legal residents. Are we trying to coax more illegals into the country to have kids?

If we play connect the dots, I'm sure we will come up with a motive behind this.

Maybe at some point in the future the U.S government plans on opening the border and making Mexico another american state?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join