It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Bill to Give Each Newborn $500...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Source Link: www.denverpost.com

Sacramento, Calif. - Happy birthday, baby, here's $500 - courtesy of California taxpayers.
Legislation unveiled Wednesday would provide a tax-free, long-term investment account to every baby born in California, regardless of the parents' financial or immigration status.
Senate Bill 752 is meant to persuade more families to invest for the future, beginning when their children are infants.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
As a Californian I expect better from my politicians. We should give a 500 dollar savings bond to every baby in the world, then everyone will know the importance of wise investing, yeah! kewl! yeah!

Just kidding.

This is yet another warm one from big business and corporate America. As long as they can get an illegal to do an American job for a quarter less pro illegal policies will continue to pass without problem. Good thing the American people are indifferent to the issue!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And the question will be, how much money the back will be making while keeping the 500 dollars for a period of 18 years?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirty_underground

Source Link: www.denverpost.com

Sacramento, Calif. - Happy birthday, baby, here's $500 - courtesy of California taxpayers.
Legislation unveiled Wednesday would provide a tax-free, long-term investment account to every baby born in California, regardless of the parents' financial or immigration status.
Senate Bill 752 is meant to persuade more families to invest for the future, beginning when their children are infants.

(visit the link for the full news article)

This could make it a viable business opportunity to smuggle pregnant mexicans across the border. $500 a pop, not bad!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Wow, this might even further increase the population of california, ensuring that it has primary importance in teh electoral system.

Rather smart of california, a while human is a valuable commodity, spending 500 bucks to encourage one to exist seems a sensible investment.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
The UK already has something similar, called the Child Trust Fund.

www.childtrustfund.gov.uk...

Child Trust Fund (CTF) is a savings and investment account for children. Children born on or after 1 September 2002 will receive a £250 voucher to start their account. The account belongs to the child and can't be touched until they turn 18, so that children have some money behind them to start their adult life.

I think it's a good idea... invest in the future. Why not? The other way (poverty, no college and/or economic ignorance) is worse imo.

*ducks*

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Rren]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Heh, I remember my baby bonus checks! When I turned 18 I blew the entire 2300 bucks on a 33 Megahertz comp.
Good for Cali

[edit on 1-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
And the question will be, how much money the back will be making while keeping the 500 dollars for a period of 18 years?

Well, if they follow the Canadian system, then absolutely nothing. The money will gain interest most likely.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is a sneaky tactic by the Gov't. People should really learn the legal maxims & learn that nothing is free except charity. When ever the Gov't gives a benefit it comes with a hidden adhesion contract. This is to compell some form of future service or place the child in a different jurisdiction. In Canada, the Gov't just started to give every parental household of every child $100 dollars a month per year until the kid reaches 6 years of age. This is called the Universal child benefit. You have been brainwashed to think benefits are good but they really take away your rights and ignorance of the law is the legal maxim that the legal systems hides behind. The universal child credit in Canada places the child under the jurisdiction of the United Nations and removes protections from the Charter of Rights & Freedoms. Remember Canadians that you have been brain washed to think the un-elected U.N. is your saviour in world affairs. The U.N. supports intergenerational intimacy which is the political correct word for pedofilia. The U.N believes no one has the right to interfere with a childs choice of what they want to do with their bodies incase of poor socio-economic conditions which could cause the hinderence of earning income to survive as a child sex worker.
Remember Canadians if you took that money you gave up your parental rights for your children to the U.N. and now the U.N. believes they can tell you how to raise & how to educate your child.
Remember absolutely nothing is free. Beware of strangers bearing gifts.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The universal child credit in Canada places the child under the jurisdiction of the United Nations and removes protections from the Charter of Rights & Freedoms.

How does that work exactly? They are now UN citizens and not Canadian or relinquish certain "protections" in exchange for accepting the money?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
When ever the Gov't gives a benefit it comes with a hidden adhesion contract. This is to compell some form of future service or place the child in a different jurisdiction.

You know the drill. Don't state something as fact without first providing a reliable link to back it up, otherwise you'll just get labeled as being paranoid.

In Canada, the Gov't just started to give every parental household of every child $100 dollars a month per year until the kid reaches 6 years of age.

Umm, the Baby Bonus has been around since WW2 and the cutoff age is 16 not 6... I was cut off at 14 because by then my parents were considered too rich to continue to receive the checks.

The universal child credit in Canada places the child under the jurisdiction of the United Nations and removes protections from the Charter of Rights & Freedoms.

Nothing supersedes the Charter of Rights and the Constitution, not even the so-called Terrorism act. Unless you provide concrete proof, I am going to assume you are blatantly lying.

Remember Canadians that you have been brain washed to think the un-elected U.N. is your saviour in world affairs.

The UN may be appointed, but the people who do the appointing, at least in the west, are democratically elected.

The U.N. supports intergenerational intimacy which is the political correct word for pedofilia.

Wow, lying and slander. :shk:

The U.N believes no one has the right to interfere with a childs choice of what they want to do with their bodies incase of poor socio-economic conditions which could cause the hinderence of earning income to survive as a child sex worker.

:shk:

Remember Canadians if you took that money you gave up your parental rights for your children to the U.N. and now the U.N. believes they can tell you how to raise & how to educate your child.

... Last time I checked, the only influence the UN had on me as a child was those UNicef thingies the schools used to hand out to us on Halloween, which is, let me guess, a UN conspiracy to promote Satan Worship.
Right?

[edit on 1-3-2007 by sardion2000]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

How does that work exactly? They are now UN citizens and not Canadian or relinquish certain "protections" in exchange for accepting the money?

There is no such thing as UN citizenship as it's not a Nation State.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You gave up parental rights if you accepted the benefit and technically now the child or children are considered wards of the "State". However you are now considered a "foster parent" in a legal manner of speaking. The Gov't can now force vaccinations and you can't use your right of religious freedom to opt out. You can't remove your child from learning questionable material in public school such as alternative life styles even if its against your religious beliefs. In the old days the school had to get parental permission to teach "Health class & Sex Ed." This is just the tip of the ice-berg because when ever you give the gov't an inch they take ten miles. They & I'm only guessing will use this in the future to force the "CHIP" implants after digital angel & verichip successfully bribe our un-elected Senators to force corrupt MP legislation through or by an order of "Privy Council" when the next majority gov't is elected.
"They" always sell evil with a noble cause.
Remember in Texas the Gov't is forcing the HP virus vaccination on public school kids thanks to Merck lobbying the gov't, The gov't also passed legislation saying they can not be sued for reproductive failure from infant & childhood vaccinations. HELLO U.N. population control.
People really need to wake up and read the fine print. Canadians need to read the Gov't newspaper called the Canadian Gazette because by law they have publish what they legislate so no one can claim ignorance. Ever read one of those its free on the net? Filled with out & out bribery, gov't contracts & all kinds of tax payer rips off scams written in legaleze to make it difficult to understand.
canadagazette.gc.ca...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche

Beware of strangers bearing gifts.

Exactly, and where is this happening? In the blue states. Why? because the dems are in bed with the global elite and the conspiracy to create a one world government with slaves. Hell, the republicans maybe too, but so far they seem to be less in on it than the dems. I mean, come on people wake up! if you paid attention to the crap clinton did than you know where this is heading. Nafta, Opening up to China, the slaughter at Waco, etc. These were all baby steps towards either a north american union or a one world government. Wake up people! they are feeding you this crap through the leftist outlets and your swallowing it hook, line, and sinker.

Give up your arms and we will let you live in a paradise where we feed everyone, clothe everyone, educate everyone...did I say educate? I meant re-educate.

didnt we have a system like this before?

oh yeah, it was called SLAVERY

Wake the f*** up people!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ok.. BOB, your just a bit out there, just a teeny bit.

American citizens get a child tax credit every year, and none of us have given up any kinds of rights.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Ok.. BOB, your just a bit out there, just a teeny bit.

American citizens get a child tax credit every year, and none of us have given up any kinds of rights.

Actually it's called reading the fine print, & yes you do give up certain rights when you recieve a benefit. There is a diffrence from a deduction on income tax and an all & out "gift" of cash with hidden adhesion contracts.

If your child is not in the "system" the gov't cannot take them even if they see you commiting abuse. However if your in the system via social security and your neighbor falsely accuses you you kid is gone until after the investigation.
The entire world works on contracts that you enter into freely without realizing the consequences. Read the bible in Hosea "my children are destroyed for lack of knowledge!" I can't remember which verse off hand.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I don't think it's that bad of an idea, if only they'd limit it to LEGAL residents.

Seriously, Congress is going to have to pass a law forbidding states to give benefits like this to illegals, or they'll just continue flooding in.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I think it's a good idea... invest in the future. Why not? The other way (poverty, no college and/or economic ignorance) is worse imo.

*ducks*

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Rren]

There's some room in the bunker over here.. jump in..quick!

Promoting something to help children that actually exist is a big no- no in the US! Don't you know the next step is Communism.. or is it Aliens?.. I forget.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Sounds good on the surface. But why give it to new borns? Why not every kid who is turning 18 NOW who probably needs it?
Or don't this generation count?
Sounds a little sus to me too. I can imagine invisible strings attached to this.
The rules/laws could change in the future where they may be made to roll it over into a superannuation fund for retirement after 70 or something and may never actually live to see it. (This is speculation on my part).

I also wonder if this $500 in this account will be protected from tax/bank charges and won't be whittled away back to the government/big banks via inflation/charges/fees/tax etc eventually anyway? Otherwise the government might as well write itself and the banks a big cheque and make this huge donation to themselves and not hide behind trying to help out american childrens futures and just buying votes. Of course I could be way off the mark.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I agree, something more is behind this. I also feel it should be limited to legal residents. Are we trying to coax more illegals into the country to have kids?

If we play connect the dots, I'm sure we will come up with a motive behind this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join