It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New ATSNN format. Your opinion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I think the news page looks way too cluttered up with text...I also just think that it's a waste of space and bandwidth to have a section where people just dump copies of recycled news off in yet another location. Google news works fine, and it will also contain reliable articles, as opposed to anything submitted by a person. I think "atsnn" should just be scrapped altogether.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The old ATSNN required a certain amount of votes from the membership for the thread/article to remain on ATSNN.

How about, if within, say, 12 hours, if an article/thread doesn't get the required votes from members, it gets eliminated. AND if it gets eliminated, the poster gets no points for the submission due to the fact it wasn't "worthy" enough, according to how members voted.

This might help stop people from just submitting any old news item that catches their attention so that they might stop and think, will members vote to keep this article here, or am I just wasting my time if I take the time to submit this. That's what I used to ask myself whenever I submitted a news item to ATSNN when it was run the old way, I didn't want to waste my time if the news I was submitting wasn't worthy of ATSNN.

Maybe this will at least raise the bar to subjects that are in the "Breaking News" forum to contain news that members really deem relevant or important enough to be in the "breaking News" forum.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Some new changes are coming to the news submission process.

ATS: News or Current Events submissions will need to be focused on ATS core "alternative" topics.

BTS: A new BTS news submission form will allow you to create news submissions on BTS in This Forum, and soon a new BTS News page, working just like [urlwww.abovetopsecret.com...]This Page[/url].

AbovePolitics: A new AbovePolitics Political news submission form will allow you to create news submissions on AbovePolitics in This Forum, and soon a new AbovePolitics Political News page, working just like [urlwww.abovetopsecret.com...]This Page[/url].

This will help divide the news into the proper boards and keep things better organized. Look for these changes tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I like that. Some division to this new "Breaking News" scheme is required, in my opinion.

As for the "BTS Breaking News" forum, which is apparently the US News Discussion, is that going to restrict the threads that we would be able to post? Some breaking news of the relaxed nature seems like it may be a nice fit for BTS. But what if it is a Canadian story? Or International?

As this new piece is implemented, maybe it will be further explained?

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Good News For Good News

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In the words of the legendary warrior-poet Peter Griffin: "Freakin' Sweet!"

This is definitely something to look forward to.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

ATS: News or Current Events submissions will need to be focused on ATS core "alternative" topics.

BTS: A new BTS news submission form will allow you to create news submissions on BTS in This Forum, and soon a new BTS News page, working just like [urlwww.abovetopsecret.com...]This Page[/url].

AbovePolitics: A new AbovePolitics Political news submission form will allow you to create news submissions on AbovePolitics in This Forum, and soon a new AbovePolitics Political News page, working just like [urlwww.abovetopsecret.com...]This Page[/url].

This will help divide the news into the proper boards and keep things better organized. Look for these changes tomorrow.

That is great news and a wonderful idea

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Sounds great!

If I could I'd give you an Applause SO, but I did used to be a Jaycee, so I'll give you an "Attaboy".
(that was an award the Jaycee's give a person for a good job, the "Attaboy Award")

There was just too much news being stuffed into one forum for the "good stuff" to be noticed sometimes.

[edit on 5/3/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That sounds like a plan SkepticOverlord! That should help some.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join