It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth's "Wound" soon to be probed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Earth's "Wound" soon to be probed

Source Link: news.bbc.co.uk

Dr Chris MacLeod, from Cardiff University, said the Earth's crust appeared to be completely missing in an area thousands of kilometres across.

He said it was an "open wound on the surface of the Earth", where the oceanic crust, usually 6-7km thick (3.7-4.3 miles), was simply not there.

"Effectively it's a huge rupture - one side is being pulled away from the other. It's created a rupture so big it's actually pulled the entire crust away.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This does sound interesting. I hope they will post what they find in a timely mannor so we can find out what is hapening.

Does any one think this might have somethign to do with climent change?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hmmmmmmm......
I wonder if that's where the monsters live?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Kung,
I supose the monsters could live about any where, but if you want to believe any of the hollow earth theories there is a possibility there is something down there.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It wouldn't be caused by climate change, if that is what you are asking. Some theories about global climate regulation do involve the rates of ocean floor spreading though, so it could link to climate in general through that.

But I would guess that this is not a new feature, by any means, and rather that its extremely ancient.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Not saying that this hole is being caused by climent change, I was more thinking that this hole is causeing climent change. Perhaps by changeing the temp of the sea.

top topics

join