It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bush's Ranch House 'Far More Eco-Friendly' Than Gore's

page: 2
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I don't see a problem with that.

An energy bill that encourages consumption...as opposed to one that supresses consumption.


Agreed. I just felt it was pertinent to the discussion, and, being an anonymous post, may have been overlooked or missed by interested members - nothing more.




posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun

Whuaaa??!!?? Never got a request and never gave it any information???



The above is explained very easy. The group probably had insiders who gave them the records from the power company.



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

I don't see a problem with that.

An energy bill that encourages consumption...as opposed to one that supresses consumption. If someone is freezing, would you want them to continue freezing, instead of using energy to warm themselves up, without the fear of choosing between heat and their next meal?



That is sloppy logic even coming from you RR.



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by LogansRun

Whuaaa??!!?? Never got a request and never gave it any information???



The above is explained very easy. The group probably had insiders who gave them the records from the power company.


OK, but until they post their results or show them, it is just heresay. One of your articles claims that the Gores haven't signed up but are intending to, and the other one claims that they have been part of the green program for some time. Which is it?

I find it funny too that all the right wing blog sites and news are all posting almost word for word the same thing. Yet if you actually go to the NES and look at the numbers for the region, compare it to the rest of the country, his region already uses 50% more power than the rest of the country - this isn't mentioned anywhere though.

That taken into account, when you divide his energy useage per square foot (bigger homes require more energy), he is actually on par with the rest of the country, if not a bit less. We wouldn't want to take THAT into account in these threads though, that would actually be truthful - we cant have that can we?

[edit on 1-3-2007 by LogansRun]



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
Agreed. I just felt it was pertinent to the discussion, and, being an anonymous post, may have been overlooked or missed by interested members - nothing more.



Appreciate the cross posting.

To be honest I tend to ignore those that post anon simply because they post just to stir up the pot if you will. No one takes them serious.

Now if they would register, well that is a whole new picture.



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

To be honest I tend to ignore those that post anon simply because they post just to stir up the pot if you will. No one takes them serious.

Now if they would register, well that is a whole new picture.

LoL, yeah, they dont count if they dont register?
Sounds like your are trying to get folks to join ATS that would rather stay anonymous.
STAY ANONYMOUS< your voice still counts!



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo
LoL, too much. Its like its election time or something.
How many houses does Bush have by the way? Is this his only one?


The only reason why Gore's house has a high paying electric bill is because of the type of electricity he uses. Plus that security gate is there because he is a former vice president. Apparently Bush has a place out at Paraguay.



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Man I love these cookie-cutter "stories" designed to create right-wing talking points. I'd love to see the team of evil gnomes Karl Rove has in his basement cooking this stuff up.

I guess it works, the target audience just laps them up like cream


I know what you mean. Earlier this week on the Stephanie Miller show they were joking how it's from a rightwing "think tank" who ignores all these scientists and to just go after Al Gore. I wonder if the movie he's involved with didn't win an Oscar for whatever reason if they wouldn't even be talking about this issue. I live in TN and haven't ever heard of this group until now. It'd be interesting to see if they have any connections to anyone more higher up (if you know what i mean).



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I would like to point out that both sides of the coin are hypocrites. The governor of Kalifornia who has been on an environmental tear as of late sports no less 8 of the eco unfriendly trucks


Last time I checked this is the twenty-first century. What, do you want Gore and his family to live in a log cabin in the middle of nowhere with no type of electricity or plumbing before he can care about the enviornment? And Gore isn't a hypocrite since he has been working on this for thirty something years since he was in college. Unlike George Bush who still doesn't believe in such a thing and silences any scientist who tells him other wise.



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by anon_98760
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: Bush's Ranch House 'Far More Eco-Friendly' Than Gore's


Oh yes Bush is so concerned with saving energy


"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

-President Bush, Sept. 23, 2002, Trenton, New Jersey, speech


Hopefully anon_98760 will see this, register, and perhaps add further comment to the above.

Just thought I'd share this with those who, otherwise, may not have seen it.

$.02



Another classic example of Democrat propaganda. Here's the FULL quote.


Trenton, New Jersey, Army National Guard Aviation Support Facility, September 23, 2002

THE PRESIDENT: Congress also must understand they've got to pass an energy bill. You see, an energy bill will be good for jobs. An energy bill will be good for national security. We need an energy bill that encourages consumption [sic], encourages new technologies so our cars are cleaner, encourages new renewable energy sources, but at the same time encourages increase of supply here at home, so we're less dependent on foreign sources of crude oil. (Applause.)

Source: www.whitehouse.gov...



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Now if they would register, well that is a whole new picture.

Their opinion would hold more ... what ... weight in this discussion. (?)

Opinions are akin to ... (?) anon, or otherwise. no?


Originally posted by 11Bravo
STAY ANONYMOUS< your voice still counts!

It certainly does.


Personally, I don't see where the seeming "lead by example" approach is personified by either Bush, Gore ... OR Joe Q. Public.

Sad? True? ... I guess the answer to that lies with individual thoughts and/or perceptions on whether Global Warming IS a fact, or simply a result of Earthly trends.

Personally, my jury's still out on the subject.

$.02



posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

Originally posted by anon_98760
This anonymous post is in response to ATS thread: Bush's Ranch House 'Far More Eco-Friendly' Than Gore's


Oh yes Bush is so concerned with saving energy


"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption."

-President Bush, Sept. 23, 2002, Trenton, New Jersey, speech


Hopefully anon_98760 will see this, register, and perhaps add further comment to the above.

Just thought I'd share this with those who, otherwise, may not have seen it.

$.02



Another classic example of Democrat propaganda. Here's the FULL quote.


Trenton, New Jersey, Army National Guard Aviation Support Facility, September 23, 2002

THE PRESIDENT: Congress also must understand they've got to pass an energy bill. You see, an energy bill will be good for jobs. An energy bill will be good for national security. We need an energy bill that encourages consumption [sic], encourages new technologies so our cars are cleaner, encourages new renewable energy sources, but at the same time encourages increase of supply here at home, so we're less dependent on foreign sources of crude oil. (Applause.)

Source: www.whitehouse.gov...


And it depends on what he thinks an energy bill is and what it's supposed to do compared to someone like oh say Barbara Boxer. And energy bills are supposivley supposed to be bad for businesses because they *gasps* make that business clean up after themselves. And what exactly has Bush done to encourage new technology? Has he got any republican to bring up legislation or is it just some more talk from him? And I think he should check himself out for that depending on foreign oil before he talks about this "us" thing. That's the whole reason we're in Iraq. Remember the whole "the oil will pay for everything" line they gave us?



posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The source article mentioned that Gore buys the 'non-coal' electricity, and that he paid almost 50% more.......that would bring the $2400 bill to $1200....still high for my tastes, but not so jaw dropping.

A little disingenious not to mention that, don't you think.

I haven't seen any figures on how much power the house in Crawford actually uses......or how much it's power costs. Till we see those figures, we're just comparing apples and oranges.......it could still be an energy hog.

So I did some looking for the ranch house info and photos.
from:

eyeball-series.org...
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...
cryptome.org...

That is one ugly house!! Sorry, it looks like a bunker.....and the interior is drab, at least the photos they allow on the internet. Beige walls, beige carpet, beige furniture, not much art work, hardly any homey touches at all.

There is another house on the property....the original farm house that they re-did and still use, then this wonder of ecology....wonder what the total foot print would be if they're added together.....plus his gym is in some other building, if I read some of that correctly......?

It's got a 25,000 gal cistern under? the house, right? And they dug deep holes in the ground for cooling and heating the air.......and now I'm back to thinking bunker.
www.off-grid.net...

I still didn't find any mention of power costs.

Sorry, this type of house seems so out of character for Bush. Why doesn't he throw it in the faces of Gore and environmentalists? Seems like it would make good ammo, even if it was built that way only to save him some cash, and not for some environmental ideal....

I still come back to bunker..... It's just too out of sync....with the rest of the 'picture'. They don't brag about it. It took me a while to find pictures of it. ( Security risks? But everyone knows the location of the ranch....the house can't be seen from the road, IMO pics of the house wouldn't make it any worse.)

For my part, it's the dog that didn't bark.



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1   >>

log in

join