It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfounded globalization fears

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starvald
Open a history book concering any ancient or modern empire and you will find plenty, if it werent for globilization chances are you would not be using a global telecommunications tool such as the internet with which you use to rather ironicaly denounce.

Well, i guess you have a point, however, how many suffered deplorable conditions of life and labour, while setting up the Global telecom networks?

The benefits of globalization are rarely for the poorer people and nations, and usually for the rich and their country.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

FlaBama
You can put me firmly on the side of those totally opposed to the NWO. The world will be totally united ONLY when Jesus returns, and not be anything man thinks he can pull off.

I’m glad to see that you are opposed to globalization. But you should be careful in your interpretation of Biblical prophecy. If you are referring to the thousand year reign of Christ in Revelation, there is a little thing called the tribulation that is going to take place prior to Christ’s return. The Beast (Anti-Christ) will rule the earth prior to Christ’s return.

Revelation 13:7 “And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.”

Revelation 13:8 "And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world."

Everything being talked about dealing with the NWO and the globalization of world government was prophecied thousands of years ago and is unfolding just as it was written.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
hmmm its not really, even when your taking pretty liberal interpretations of things, theres nothing you cant take from the bible and apply to any point in history. Basicaly all this end of times, apocolyptic nonesense is played upon by the powers at be to rally mindless christians into what is seemingly going to be a very long war against the vast majority of Muslims.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
The benefits of globalization are rarely for the poorer people and nations, and usually for the rich and their country.
[edit on 13-3-2007 by InSpiteOf]

I don't belive anyone will disagree that statement.However,even if a minority of the poor people in poor countries can get a education and basic health care,thats a step in the right direction in my opinion.Like i've said before,it's possible that things like a cure for aids and cancer,or even free energy are locked away in undeveloped minds in poor countries.Globalization is the only way to help the poor people across the world,and in help I mean education and health care.A complete global government is,in my opinion,a far way from happening.Even so we cannot wait for mankind to mature and settle its racial and political differences because our environment will not last if we continue down our current path of capitalist driven governments.Small steps towards globalization today could potentially save many lives in the future,if not all of mankind.

[edit on 14-3-2007 by FreeSpeaker]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

apocolyptic nonesense is played upon by the powers at be to rally mindless christians into what is seemingly going to be a very long war against the vast majority of Muslims.

Every religion has it's mindless followers. Christianity has abotrtion clinic bombers, Muslims have suicidal car bombers, etc. I do not consider these individuals Christians any more than a devout muslim would consider sucicidal murderers Muslims. I am a Christian, but I am not mindless.
Another common factor amoung religions is the 'appocolyptic' end of time if that's what you want to call it. If you study the various religions of the world there are many, many similarities. The fact that our current world leaders are using bible prophecy to steer their agendas, does not detur from the fact that the prophecies are coming true, however.

[edit on 15-3-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf37
Every religion has it's mindless followers. Christianity has abotrtion clinic bombers, Muslims have suicidal car bombers, etc. I do not consider these individuals Christians any more than a devout muslim would consider sucicidal murderers Muslims.

Very well said.

Another common factor amoung religions is the 'appocolyptic' end of time if that's what you want to call it. If you study the various religions of the world there are many, many similarities. The fact that our current world leaders are using bible prophecy to steer their agendas, does not detur from the fact that the prophecies are coming true, however.

I'm not a religious person,but sometimes I wonder if the only reason the prophecies are becoming true is because so many people belive in them.If they were never written or lost in history,would things still happen the same way?Does the law of attraction have something to do with it?Are we trapped into a fixed future because our subconcious tells us the end of times is coming?

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The fact that our current world leaders are using bible prophecy to steer their agendas, does not detur from the fact that the prophecies are coming true, however.

Politicians use religion because religion preaches the status quo.
When Reagan was in power, he once said that the world had entered into the third and final millenium, and the apocalypse was around the corner (all this is paraphrased.) He also said that the soviet empire is an evil empire and the US was a force for good. Why i bring this up is because every century that passes, human societies and religious organizations believe it is the last century of existance as we know it.

The Anti-Christ is not comming. If our civilizations are on the brink of apocalypic doom, it is at our own hands, not at the hands of an invisible force.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
"the fact that the prophecies are coming true, however. "

Apart from the Whore of Babylon who is obviously COndaliza Rice which ones exactly?

Also you should probably be aware as a good christian the book of revelations was written during the time of Nero, thats kinda important as its more or less describing the then global instability of the time in a rather critical fashion though disguised in religious metaphor to avoid persecution at the hands of the Romans. Please trust me when i say the Bible is not the word of god, nor is it prophetic in anyway. I can say the Sun will rise tomorow and it will, doesnt make me a prophet however, much in the same way someone thousands of years ago can say "war is bad, money corrupts, keep it up and you will be garaunteed deffinate turmoil"

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Freespeaker

Our country is founded on the freedom of beliefs (religious). Even atheism is a religion, because it is a belief. A belief in disbelief. This particular religion seems to be the new anthem of our country. I personally believe in God and the Bible. I do not, however, blindly follow what religious or political leaders say. I study the scriptures, as well as other literature, and facts so that I can come to my own logical, educated decisions. If I quote the Bible, it's because I have read it and studied on it personally, not heard it from a televangelist. This does not mean that there are not pastors and teachers that I agree with, but what I have come to find is that I may agree on some points, but disagree on others.
I guess my point is, if you are going to believe in something that deals with an issue as important as your soul, you had better be right. I personaly would be very saddened to think that the short life we live here on this earth, is all there is to my existence. But if this was my belief, I certainly would not want someone telling me it's only going to get worse and then end some time soon, may before I even get to live a full life span.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Starvald
Apart from the Whore of Babylon who is obviously COndaliza Rice which ones exactly?

I am short on time right now, but I will be happy to address your question a little later.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"Even atheism is a religion"

actually, it isnt.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Religion
"4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"

It is a belief and it is definitely a system and it 'believers' try very hard to gain converts to their belief system. Just look at the curriculum in our public schools.

Starvald

The Real ID Act passed in 2005 without any ones knowledge or consent will insure that you can not buy or sell without the card and its little micro chip that can be tracked continuously and contains all your personal information. All meet is being systematically infected by either bird flu (poultry), mad cow (red meet) [and by the way, mad cow has begun spreading to wild animals like deer in some places], and mercury in the fish (and God knows what else). Eventually you won't be able to kill and eat your own food. Also, scientist have developed seeds that cannot germinate. The plants that grow from the seeds cannot reproduce so therefore you will have to re-buy seeds every year. At that point you won't be able to grow you own vegetables without purchasing.
With the real ID in effect you can't have a bank account, legally have a job, pay taxes or make purchases. Soon they will rid us of paper and coin money. Then they can move the chips from a card to a physical implant in our hand or forehead and then you have the identical situation described in the verses above.
That is just one example but probably the most obvious one.

[edit on 20-3-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

"4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith"
It is a belief and it is definitely a system and it 'believers' try very hard to gain converts to their belief system. Just look at the curriculum in our public schools.

Why don’t you list the complete definition?.

re·li·gion (rĭ-lĭj'ən) n.

1. a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
b. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship.

2. The life or condition of a person in a religious order.

3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.

4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

www.answers.com...&r=67

As you can see atheist is not religion. (doesn’t satisfy 1,2, or 3) Someone who likes his job (pursues it with zeal) would fall under #4, (the one you chose to display) Does that make your job or your studies a religion?

A non-belief in something is not a religion. (See 1 A above)

What about the school curriculum? There are plenty of scientist that are not atheists. Should they pretend dinosaurs never existed to satisfy the religious fundies?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   

ConspiracyNut23
As you can see atheist is not religion. (doesn’t satisfy 1,2, or 3)

Dictionary definitions are not criteria to be met. They are different meanings for the same word.

Is a base ball bat not a 'bat' because it doesn't have fur and leatehry wings?

[edit on 21-3-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   
You have to read the whole post. it doesn't satisfy #4 either, (not really) so your point is mute.

Atheism is not a religion.

Atheist is the absence of theist.

Religious people have religious beliefs. Atheists don't have any such beliefs. It is not "A belief in disbelief" - there's no beliefs to begin with.

Could there be an Atheist God?

Funny how only theists claim that Atheism is a religion...

[edit on 21/3/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
BTW, by your definition above, mathematics is also a religion? Is it?

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It might as well be, lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I guess my point is, if you are going to believe in something that deals with an issue as important as your soul, you had better be right. I personaly would be very saddened to think that the short life we live here on this earth, is all there is to my existence. But if this was my belief, I certainly would not want someone telling me it's only going to get worse and then end some time soon, may before I even get to live a full life span.[edit on 16-3-2007 by lonewolf37]

As I said,i'm not religious.I don't belive in "souls" in the spiritual and religious sense.I belive our "souls" are energy.I do still belive in a after life,but where our "souls"(energy) go,I have no idea.

With the real ID in effect you can't have a bank account, legally have a job, pay taxes or make purchases.

How do the corporations continue without jobs for citizens?
If citizens don't have jobs,they have no money.Meaning the corporations no longer have any customers.

How does the government continue to run without collecting taxes?
No taxes means no money for government spending,which would cause its collapse.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
How do the corporations continue without jobs for citizens?
If citizens don't have jobs,they have no money.Meaning the corporations no longer have any customers.

How does the government continue to run without collecting taxes?
No taxes means no money for government spending,which would cause its collapse.

Exactly, all of that bs is just more NWO mythology. People actually think everyone will just fall in line when draconian order is established (assuming thats the goal.) And i think thats just propaganda comming from the ruling cirlces. I personally believe the people would resist and fight back, as they did in the 1890's.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
I personally believe the people would resist and fight back, as they did in the 1890's.

I certainly hope people do fight back if a unjust nwo is formed.

To get back to the unfounded fears,I thought I would ask how people can belive a "evil" nwo can realisticaly be accomplished.With countries like China for example,why would Chinese citizens want to become part of a nwo,when supposedly China is set to become the next world power?With half the worlds population,I can't imagine a nwo without China's support.

Hopeing I can get chinese citizen's opinion.Not that any opinions aren't welcome,I just feel this debate is dominated by western world opinions and I look forward to fresh perspectives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join