It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfounded globalization fears

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I'd simply want to say that I think all the globalization fear and aprehnsion most people seem to feeling is just a bit unfounded.One should consider that globalization is the natural evolution of human interaction.Everyone seems to have no troubling beleiving that in the future the human race will be living in peace under one government(empire,federation,etc).So why is it that people cannot undrstand such an outcome can only arise with significant turmoil.History is a great teacher,and if history teaches us anything it is that change will always be met by turmoil,war,revolution,etc. I beleive that most globalization fears stem from basic prejudice and a refusal to change. Most people aren't interested in changing,but what about those of us who see the breakdown of common sense in the world and dream for things to change.Should we put our heads in the sand and pretend everything is ok or should we start to push for equailty across the globe.Everyone in the world has things to teach each other reguardless of certain indiviguals rejection of everyone else. Its time for humanity to evolve to the point we all see each other as humans and not specific races.That is the true goal of globalization,to bring humanity together as one entity.Watching our leaders lie and double talk while nothing effective ever happens has gotten entirely out of control.Its time to change!Not just America,Iran, or China, but the whole world for the good of everyone.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
Watching our leaders lie and double talk while nothing effective ever happens has gotten entirely out of control.Its time to change!.

Can you explain why exactly you believe that leaders will suddenly stop lying and double talking?

Why would a monopoly on government solve the situation?

Why do all you NWO/globalization lovers believe in an Utopian NWO???

Why is centralization of power good?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Can you explain why exactly you believe that leaders will suddenly stop lying and double talking?

my thoughts exactly. What makes you thinks these frauds will stop once they gain complete control? They only want a global government so they can further spread their control around the world with no enemy country to stop them.

what about those of us who see the breakdown of common sense in the world and dream for things to change.Should we put our heads in the sand and pretend everything is ok or should we start to push for equailty across the globe

All of mankind is equal. Its those you want to give more power to that seek to segregate us into different classes. Youre eyes are only half open.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
did you miss the part about turmoil,war,revolution. Leaders that lie and double talk will be dead and humanity will no longer appoint leaders who do not represent the majority will of the people.I know i'm being optomistic but its better than thinking the globalization movement is all some sinister dark plot being perpertrated by the global elite.Yes, I will agree that there are greedy people who will use us all for their purposes,but lets be honest about it.Eventually these people will get whats coming to them.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I don't think the Globalization movement is some huge conspiracy, I just think it's a terribly bad idea considering the finite resources we have available on this tiny mudball. When we start to spread out into the Solar System and nearby Stars, then by all means, Globalize all you want. Until then, we'd be better off learning how to live below the means of our planet instead of way way above it.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
For your utopian NWO to work you'd have to assume that all jerks, haters, bullys, anyone with any speciffic opinions were all dead.

You cant do that.

Sooner or later an individual or a group that may not have the best intentions, or may think they do have the best intentions, will gain power.

Then what? Theres no where to run with a global government. Theres no where to look to for an alternative. Theres no hope on the other side of the wall.

Sure, we could still wipe them out but then you need alliances. Alliances of like minded people to go against those who arent like minded. Im sure they will have alliances. Whats that called? War.

Utopia will never work. Cant ever work.

Id make it a point to make sure it would fail. Theres no way a government would pacify all of my beliefs, demands and desires.

I guess Id have to be killed. Or put into some camp somewhere.

Ah, utopia. For some. Internment and reprogramming for others.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If we ever hope to expand beyond are star system I think we might want to push for unification before we run out resources by quibbling over them.Are resources are finite and unless we start sharing them there will be no deep space exploration.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Just to note, Utopia literally means "No Place".

Also, Globalization is currently stripping our planet of resources with only a tiny fraction of that going towards space exploration. Who says that once the Utopia NWO is setup they wouldn't just prohibit such expansion as they would lose power of the people they were intent on dominating.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

If we ever hope to expand beyond are star system I think we might want to push for unification before we run out resources by quibbling over them.Are resources are finite and unless we start sharing them there will be no deep space exploration.

Thats what this is all about? You want us to live in some Star Trek world that only exists in fiction so you can make it with some alien booty?

Im always so amazed by how boring people seem to think life is that they focus all of their energies into fantasy.

Considering the scope of the kind of exploration youre talking about we'd have to be completely done here on Earth to make that leap. Whatever it is we're all doing we'd have to be finished with it. Even then we dont have what itll take to build a fleet of starships or whatever.

That is, unless all of our cities are secretly made out of tri-tanium or whatever it is they use.
Its hard to run out of something you dont have.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I don't think the Globalization movement is some huge conspiracy, I just think it's a terribly bad idea considering the finite resources we have available on this tiny mudball. When we start to spread out into the Solar System and nearby Stars, then by all means, Globalize all you want. Until then, we'd be better off learning how to live below the means of our planet instead of way way above it.

I didnt used to think there was any conspiracy either. Things just naturally happen as a normal progression of society.

However I hav done extensive research and read many books and have seen that there truly is a world-wide conspiracy happening. The people behind the plot openly discuss in their speeches, writings, etc their global plans.

Take a look at the CFR. A pastor (forgot his name) report a detailed report on the creation of a North American Union. This was like 5 years ago. The president of america, mexico, and canadian prime minister recently signed a "treaty" which literally word for word is the same document that this pastor wrote.

These people have gone before congress and flatly stated that there will be a one-world goverment whether by force or by deception.

And the more research Ive done, the more connection I see with just plain evil satanic beliefs. Some of the highest people in goverment are members of satanic cults. I truly believe these people are trying to create an armageddon. Why else would they purposely make things so bad.

Things arent happening by accident or by natural evolution. There is evil afoot my friend

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
monopolization = no choice

competition = choices

Our society is moving in every single way to a monopolized society where the bigger companies are buying out all the smaller companies until we will have at most 2 choices in every industry. Just like the democratic/republican false choice it will be the same as the companies where they work together to increase rates ,lower wages, etc so in reality its a false sense of choice.

They (NWO) make you believe that this is a natural evolution of society but thats only partially right. They way things are now are perfectly fine. Each country should be able to govern its own backyard not someone in a foreign land telling me what they think is best for me when they couldn't possibly understand because they don't live here

[edit on 2-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Nice to see I have been pegged as a star trek fan wich I am not but of coarse feel free to tell me I'm boring and live in a fantasy world.Have fun.
I only replied to a comment about space exploration, it is not the focus of my thread.Please try reading before you give an ignorant relpy.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
I didnt used to think there was any conspiracy either. Things just naturally happen as a normal progression of society.

I hate the idea that its a conspiracy. Mainly because people hear that word and think sinister old men sitting in a shadowed room talking about world domination. Personally i look at conspiracies as this: people consciously planning and persuing their interests both openly and secretly.

These people have gone before congress and flatly stated that there will be a one-world goverment whether by force or by deception.

Seeing as youve done extensive research, you can quote and link me to the people sayings this, yes?

And the more research Ive done, the more connection I see with just plain evil satanic beliefs.

source? link? who belongs?

Some of the highest people in goverment are members of satanic cults.

again source?

Why else would they purposely make things so bad.

because it benifits their class to keep the working populace's nose against the grind stone.

Things arent happening by accident or by natural evolution. There is evil afoot my friend

Guess i agree with you there, but it has nothing to do with religious precepts.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'd simply want to say that I think all the globalization fear and aprehnsion most people seem to feeling is just a bit unfounded.

Can you elaborate? what fear exactly do you find unfounded?

One should consider that globalization is the natural evolution of human interaction.

This tidbit of info is progaganda peddled by leaders in the IMF and WTO (none of them elected, meeting in secret, accountable to no one, with no conflict of intrest rules.) I dont see anything natural with deracenation of third world countries. I dont see anything natural about IMF "restructuring" programs, which is just a euphamism for harsh austerity programs and cutbacks.

History is a great teacher,and if history teaches us anything it is that change will always be met by turmoil,war,revolution,etc.

Fears of who though? who is so affraid of what changes in history? The moneyed intrests are affraid of egalitarian changes that threaten their social order, so the repress any left leaning social order they can. And when the people attempt to rise up with dignity their smashed politically and an phsyically.

I beleive that most globalization fears stem from basic prejudice and a refusal to change.

If your livelyhood was threatened, wouldnt you resist?

Most people aren't interested in changing,but what about those of us who see the breakdown of common sense in the world and dream for things to change.

You have a point, but most people in the world just want a simple livable life. One they can provide for their families with and live in peace.

Should we put our heads in the sand and pretend everything is ok or should we start to push for equailty across the globe.

No, we should stand up and fight and resist and agitate until something is done.

That is the true goal of globalization,to bring humanity together as one entity.Watching our leaders lie and double talk while nothing effective ever happens has gotten entirely out of control.

THis is where your wrong. THe true goal of globalization is to completely remove the soverign rights of all nations on earth. To remove their rights to protect their ecosystem from ruthless plunder, from expropriation, and from exploitation.

if the true goal of globalization was to uplift the people, than why out of the first 100 cases brought to the WTO counsul, were all 100 ruled in favor of the big coproation that launched the complaint? Why are companies able to take out patents on natural products (like basmati rice and the neem tree) that have been cultivated by natives for centuries? Why was Canada not able to stop MMT from being used in imported gasoline? Why was the province of ontario sued when they wanted to create a single payer auto insurance plan?

I said it once, and here it is again. The goal of globalization is to undermind the soverignty of all nations on this planet in the name of the capital accumulation process.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I like your points InSpiteOf.The fear I speak of is the idea that the whole globalization movement is a sinister plot by the global elite.I've read people on ATS say 4 out of every 5 people will be killed by the so called nwo.LOL.Who would provide the elite with their fancy and spoiled way of life?I'm new so I didn't want to elaborate to any great degree.I just want people to remember that we are always evolving socially,politicaly,and spiritualy.The concerns of today will not be the concerns of tommoro.I think were not to far from being fed up with greedy governments sticking their noses into our business and telling us how to live our lives. I don't think anything will happen soon but eventually the majority of people all across the world will revolt at a system destroying our planet and future.I have to be clear that I support globalization because it is the only thing that has a chance to stop us from destroying ourselves.Could it become the cause of our destruction?Possibly.But shouldn't we at least try or do we sit back in our very divided world and watch it fall apart under our current brilliant system?

[edit on 2-3-2007 by seridium]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

The fear I speak of is the idea that the whole globalization movement is a sinister plot by the global elite.

I agree in part. Its not a small cadre of peole (the image of 10 people sitting around a table in a dark room comes to mind) behind it. I believe its large multinational compaines and the plutocracies that support it that are behind the destructive force known as globalization. IMO globalization is the newest brand of imperialism, using the pen and the treaty over the sword and the whip. (thats not to say they wont use force and violence as a coercive tactic.) But I do believe that this system of userpation of soverign rights of nations is deliberate and vicious.

I've read people on ATS say 4 out of every 5 people will be killed by the so called nwo.LOL.Who would provide the elite with their fancy and spoiled way of life?

Agree in full. That idea is stupid plain and simple. The elites (if thats what you want to call them) look out for their class interest first and foremost. The process of slaughtering 3 or 4 out of every 5 citizens would destroy the capital accumulation process altogether, elimiating their source of wealth, and generally going against their class perogitives.

I'm new so I didn't want to elaborate to any great degree.

well Id like you to elaborate. You have passion and you should express it, too bad its on the wrong side

The concerns of today will not be the concerns of tommoro.

I guess, but i think the oppulent class has always had their interests in mind and have strived to keep themselves in obscene luxury

I think were not to far from being fed up with greedy governments sticking their noses into our business and telling us how to live our lives.

I hope so, I think you can only smash someones face to the grind stone for so long before they hit back.

have to be clear that I support globalization because it is the only thing that has a chance to stop us from destroying ourselves.

Sorry but your going to have to elaborate on this one. I personally have seen more destruction come out of globalization than good. IMF debt restructuring is absolutly ruinous to a contries social programs and livelyhood. The WTO rules in favor of moneyed interests more often than not (if they've ever ruled in favor of the defending country id be shocked) causing a chilling effect (once countries get threatened with WTO lawsuits and sactions, they instantly fall in line with what the suing company wants, rather than fight the case.)

Could it become the cause of our destruction?Possibly.

I believe it was designed to be destructive, and is filling its part wholly.

But shouldn't we at least try or do we sit back in our very divided world and watch it fall apart under our current brilliant system?

Our systel is flawed, but democracy does exist. The people fought against moneyed interest and the class and economoic injustices and won hard fought gains such as the 8 hour work day, occupational safety laws, and envorinmental protections.

I guess what Im saying is that despite what we face, we have made significant gains in the past and can still do so in the future. But globalization isnt a step forward, its a step back.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
The goal of globalization is to undermind the soverignty of all nations on this planet in the name of the capital accumulation process.

Very well put InSpiteof

You have voted InSpiteOf for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Until we have a political/economic system that we can export to the whole world, I don’t think we are ready for a one world government.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
For your utopian NWO to work you'd have to assume that all jerks, haters, bullys, anyone with any speciffic opinions were all dead.

You cant do that.

Sooner or later an individual or a group that may not have the best intentions, or may think they do have the best intentions, will gain power.

Then what? Theres no where to run with a global government. Theres no where to look to for an alternative. Theres no hope on the other side of the wall.

Sure, we could still wipe them out but then you need alliances. Alliances of like minded people to go against those who arent like minded. Im sure they will have alliances. Whats that called? War.

Utopia will never work. Cant ever work.

Id make it a point to make sure it would fail. Theres no way a government would pacify all of my beliefs, demands and desires.

I guess Id have to be killed. Or put into some camp somewhere.

Ah, utopia. For some. Internment and reprogramming for others.

Ya know, I used to think this way myself. Only after thinking about it from a different angle did I come to a new possible solution that provides, what I think to be an amicable situation for all involved. This solution is a utopian ideal, but it's based solely upon what's best for all. Free thought is encouraged, as that's how evolutionary steps are made, but they are made through the process of compromise.

To use an example, if someone thought of a new way to do things that was more efficient than the current way that we are doing things, and presented it in such a way as to make it obvious that something's amiss, then we'd change it accordingly. I don't think it's too far-fetched to see what the OP was talking about being done here.

True, there's an element of evolutionary thinking involved, and others will try to take advantage of that, but it doesn't detract from the very real fact that people are now, more than ever, seeking a new solution to the problems that are set upon us. The world as a whole is in need of a change, and it's free-thinkers that will usher in the new ideas that will do the changing. If people could just get past their egos long enough to accept that fact, then we'd have an upper hand on the changes.

Utopia possible? Sure, but not to the common understanding, The best utopia that I can think of is one where compromise is the mantra by which everyone functions. This would ensure that everyone gets at least something positive out of any deal being made.

As always, these are just my ramblings... Feel free to disacknowledge them as you will, since I aim to do nothing but give a new point of view, and offer a new idea that may or may not be useful.

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
So, lets say for arguments sake, that the NWO elite 'owns' Planet Earth PLC.

What then?

You dont need factories to produce goods to make money as you have plenty of that anyway.

You dont need a Military industry as wars are effectively abolished.

Trade is non-existent as you 'own' it all anyway.

If you 'own' everything and have X Billion (insert currency of choice) in your bank account - What the hell do you spend it on? What else is there to do? What is the point?

Let the 'so-called' NWO Leaders have their way, they will soon die of boredom.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Here is why I hate and fear the globalization movement:

1. No one asked us if we wanted it. It was never open to discussion. It's being pushed on us under a cloak of darkness by the powers that are trying to rule the world.

2. If it comes to be, it would totally negate every drop of blood ever shed by American soilders in defense of freedom and liberty. Our sovereignty as a free and independent nation, ruled by the PEOPLE, would be surrendered without a shot being fired.

3. It would tie the economies of the world together, doing away with the dollar and putting us on the same playing field as Cambodia, Russia, Cuba, etc.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join