It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Bush Extend Presidential Term??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
After much thought and research I have come to the conclusion that current US President George W. Bush will invade Iran putting the US in a state of war. The US constitution states that a US President can extend his Presidential term while the US is at war with another country. This may be one reason George W. Bush does not want to pull out of Iraq and is trying to invade Iran. If you look at the actions of the Bush Administration, they are trying once again to gain favor in Bush and then invade another country. Does anyone else have the same opinion??

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If Bush stays on longer than hes supposed to, than I'm gathering an angry mob and we're going to burn down the white house.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Sounds like a plan, but our right to overthrow our own government has been rebuked due to the patriot act. I'm all the way with over throwing the whitehouse! Let's do it! All you need is a bunch of ladies to distract the guards, and then take all the food out of the whitehouse and replace it with peanuts. Then George W. will choke to death on them!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hell, maybe even before his term is supposed to be up, if he keeps this crap up and continues to make my country look bad...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yeah, it's sad, we cannot be proud to be american's anymore.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
If he stays beyond his term.
Canada wouldnt seem bad,eh?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaAnuOmega
After much thought and research I have come to the conclusion that current US President George W. Bush will invade Iran putting the US in a state of war. The US constitution states that a US President can extend his Presidential term while the US is at war with another country. This may be one reason George W. Bush does not want to pull out of Iraq and is trying to invade Iran. If you look at the actions of the Bush Administration, they are trying once again to gain favor in Bush and then invade another country. Does anyone else have the same opinion??

According to the Constitution Congress declares war, not the President (Article 1, Section 8). The democrats currently control the Senate and the House so I doubt that would happen.

If Bush wanted to extend his term he would have done so a long time ago. Why would he wait until his approval rating tanked or the dems took control of Congress? Bush is holding on for dear life and will quietly fade into the sunset.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Let the hilarity ensue!! George W. Bush and Dick Cheney have provided copious amounts of comedic material. Comedy Central just wouldn't be the same without George W. Bush and his administration!! Don't hate, appreciate!

new topics

top topics

join