It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dry Runs for upcoming terror attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I read to articles recently that were disturbing and wanted to share for feedback. The first one was about the arrest of an operative in England with ties to a plot to crash airliners hijacked overseas and used to crash into the US. This is an ongoing investigation from 2006.

link to story

Now, I read this about a flight out of France that had some strange occurances. Seems that there was an attempted cockpit breach. It is reported that they acted similarly to Atta and his men, who were witnessed by actor James Woods who performed a dry run a few months prior to 9/11.

The incident, one in which a group of Middle Eastern men attempted to breach the cockpit of an American Airlines, Paris-to-Miami flight, came to me from a trusted source in the field. American Airlines spokesman John Hotard confirmed the incident. Hotard would not comment on the FBI’ s investigation of the incident citing “security reasons.” Here’s a portion of what happened on the flight, as told by an American Airlines captain:

link to story 2

Also, the flight that this occured on, was the same flight that Richard Reid attempted to bomb, so it is a well known flight path for terror.

Since security is so tight in the US, this would be a very viable option. However, what would happen if there we airliners originating from foreign nations coming to US soil. Do we shoot them down or allow them to crash? This is a double jeopardy that our nation would be put into. Not only dealing with the terrosits but the fallout from downing airliners filled with innocent people. In effect, WE would be killing them, not the terrorists.

This is something that I would not want to make the decision on, and no matter the outcome, it would change the world more than 9/11, effectivly isolating us farther from the world.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Depends were its going to crash! After the hijack is 100 confirmed and it enters US airspace and is a threat to American Structures (Weapon) its becomes a target and will most likely get shot down!

But who knows, I dont make those types of decisions, if they do it again they do it. Nothing we can really do about it.

There will always be terrorists in this world, even under One Government, One Religion, etc etc

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
No one found this the least bit disturbing?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
Depends were its going to crash! After the hijack is 100 confirmed and it enters US airspace and is a threat to American Structures (Weapon) its becomes a target and will most likely get shot down!

Yeah, because that worked so well on 911.
dont you think, that if this government was intending on hitting Iran,
that it would be beneficial to 'allow' the attack to happen... again?

Right now, its in the interests of the government for a terrorist attack to occur.

So ask yourself, are they really in power to protect you, the citizens? or their investments, and backers?

esdad, that is worth noting...
unfortunately, something is coming.
And we wont be wise enough to stop it.
More people are going to die, before the American people wake up

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   

that if this government was intending on hitting Iran,
that it would be beneficial to 'allow' the attack to happen... again?

Right now, its in the interests of the government for a terrorist attack to occur.

If that's the truth, what would you think if the UK/US and Israel entered into official conflict and there had been no prior terrorist attack? Would it prove (or at least dent) the theory that 9/11 was a US plot?

Really just curious, not trying to stir anyone up.

Regards-
Aimless

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
....I dont think it would do either side of the argument any benefit.
People would still look to the fact, that we wouldnt be here under this flag, had 911 not happened.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
No one found this the least bit disturbing?

I am given to wonder to myself..what world do you live in??

You do understand that life itself is disturbing and difficult...yes???

To my limited understanding plans to shoot down a American or even a Foreign Airliner have been in place since the late 1970s or early 1980s...possibly even before.

Do you recall when at least once a week some Cuban was Hijacking a airliner back to Cuba?? I do.

Someone realized back then that it might be necessary and the plans were put into place. This is not a strategy which our government would be wont to make public......ever..Period?? But you know that if you can think past the latest LA Lakers game or American Idol that this is true.

Our Government makes contingencys for all kinds of scenerios of which the public is never aware. The people involved in this are all security cleared and under oath.

The operative word here in Contingencys.

Remember something too. Many of these contingencys are never made public because they would be political suicide for many involved in these decisions but they are a reality none the less.

This world is not what it appears to be or what we are decieved into thinking it is behind what we tend to believe is the safety net of our homes, television sets, and steering wheels of our cars.

ON 9/11 itself..I had a very strong suspicion that the plane which went down in Pennsylvania was shot down. Can I prove this ..no. I have just believed even before 9/11 that these plans have been in place for a long time. You can surely believe that since 9/11 that the readiness to impliment these plans...has been ratcheted up several degrees or notches. All interceptor pilots in ready rooms across this country would know this but are not permitted to speak of it to the public.

By the way...you do know that interceptor/fighter pilots often train by making radar passes at airlines from long distances away ..doing electonic simulations of shooting down these planes as a target ...yes?? YOu do know this right?? This has been going on as long as there have been planes and intercept radar on them. The Airlines never know it nor do the passengers. Ive known this for over twenty years now.
It has been awhile and someone correct me if I have this in error. The training rockets sometimes carried on fighters are painted blue but contain the actual electronics to do the simulations including Radar lock or Infared lock. They are just not armed or fueled rockets but can do the electronic simulations.
The question as I recall it is ...are these aircraft carrying white ones or blue ones on the rails??

It is the same with submarines. They make simulated Electronic firing runs on commercial shipping as a regular training exercise. They too run the whole firing exercise right down to electronically or actually firing a water slug in thier tubes and recording a torpedo run. The commercial ships never know this has been done.
Are you sure you want to take a vacation on a Cruise Liner?? Do you think someone would not make the decision to sink one if they knew it was carrying a nuclear device?? How about a commercial freighter or tanker?? Think this through very carefully.

See what I mean about the reality of this world??..very different from many of our pet beliefs.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[edit on 2-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

[edit on 2-4-2007 by orangetom1999]

top topics

join