It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want To Talk About A Conspiracy? How About Scientific Studies For Healthy Living.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
What is the reason for all of the discrepancies in the research for healthy diet? A couple of examples I've provided links for below.

1 day chocolate is terrible for you, the next it'll help to prevent heart disease.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

1 day vitamin E is the best thing for you since sliced bread, the next it will shorten your lifespan.

www.newscientist.com...

The list goes on and on. Coffee, Red Meats, Fish, HGH, Alcohol, and a plethora of other things.

For those of us who are health conscious, and try to do what is best for our bodies, can we no longer believe in scientific studies? Following years of what was recommended by "Scientific Conclusions", it now seems as though I've done damage to my body by following these guidelines.

What next? Smoking is good for you?

How can this happen on such a regular basis? Who is reaping the benefits of this bad advice?
The folks who manufacture these products, and/or the "Laboratories" who publish their findings.
Those "In the know" can invest in said companies, ride the gravy train and make a huge profit. Then move onto the next.
Why doesn't this make the headlines? Because Anna Nicole and Britney are more important?
Think about this for a moment. It is a real issue, and one that should be discussed.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by lombozo]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Smoking IS good for you. The scientists say it prevents alzhiemers. Oh wait, now it doubles the risk of alzhiemers.

Dont trust any of them. They can all be bought. So can the FDA. Money rules their very existance. The same goes for those touting the wonders of "natural" cures, meds and foods. Its all for the money and the FDA doesnt regulate anything. Personally I believe the FDA is responsable for more deaths than it has claimed to have prevented.

If you pick up some chicken and the ingredients read: CHICKEN youre good to go. Dont eat anything thats treated, protected, modified, cloned, etc...

They told us that trans-fats were the savior for people who wanted their fried foods without the sat. fat. We all know how that turned out.

Dont eat anything hydrogenated or any high-fructose corn syrup.

Dont eat anything that isnt made out of what it is.

Even that wont save you completely.

Science is bought and paid for and generally very half-assed.
Theres no such thing as non-profit anymore. Theres no such thing as independant anymore. Dont even trust me. I dont trust me.

But of course theyre all 100% right on global warming though.
*not an attempt to hijack anything*

You cant believe any of it. Let alone pass laws to support it.

In conclusion all of these good for you/bad for you things really dont matter. The trouble is when politics gets involved and starts to mandate changes and create legislation based on this "science."

Its like I dont care what anyones religion or belief is. The problem is when politicians start legislating their religion.

Its all a mess man. You could just eat whatever you want and be happy in the short term. Or you could be paranoid and all over the place like me.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Its all a mess man. You could just eat whatever you want and be happy in the short term. Or you could be paranoid and all over the place like me.

I agree with you. In the last couple of years, I've decided that I'm just going to do, eat, and drink whatever I want. At some point it'll all be healthy.
You're absolutely right about the dollars. It's disgusting, and no one even seems to care about it.

That's why we're called sheeple.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
If you pick up some chicken and the ingredients read: CHICKEN youre good to go. Dont eat anything thats treated, protected, modified, cloned, etc...

And I'm sure you know that doesn't work. Chickens have more hormones pumped into them than the Oakland Raiders.

If you find one labelled "hormone free" or some such, you'll pay more for it. And you're paying for the label since you still don't KNOW what the hell's in there.

Dolphin free tuna. Bloodless diamonds. Yeah, labels are expensive. Too bad you still have no idea what's behind them.

Unless you're raising your own food, and the feed you're feeding your food, you don't know what you're ingesting.

I say, eat up and party on. Worrying about it is just as likely to kill you as the additives are.

Probably.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Only in America are we so neurotic about food. In Europe, they don't villainize their food--well, except for the genetically modified ones, which I think is ridiculous.

Anyway, the FDA isn't perfect, but that isn't a reason to distrust all of their findings. Yes, the drug companies have far too much sway over them, but medicine would be much worse without them. No one would even try to keep unsafe drugs off the market.

Science isn't perfect either, and while individual scientists can be bought and paid for, science cannot. Also, it's the best tool we have for understanding the world around us. Before modern medicine, the average life span was around thirty-five years. Now it's in the upper seventies to low eighties.

Be careful of anyone that says that any particular food is completely bad for you or is your panacea.

But, if all of you want to be paranoid that everyone is lying to you, be sure to submit your path to quick death to the Darwin Awards, and I promise to thank you for cleansing the gene pool.

join