It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Biffi - Antichrist walks among us

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
What is this, Salem?
The use of the concept of the "antichrist" is a weapon.
It's a weapon that makes people turn on each other and sell them out so that they appear as "good pious god-fearing" people.
So go ahead, go ahead and start pointing your finger at everyone.
Everyone is an antichrist.
You are all being used.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Alert Alert
If the anti-christ is supposed to be a seemingly good person if not benevolent in the very least, I suggest we start sucker punching any good samaritan we bump into. Because you never know. Also, if we don't know who it is and everyone is coming up with suggestions, I want to know where I can sign up. You know, just like all the daddys that popped up after Anna Nicole Smith died. All of a sudden there were so many possible dads for that child coming out of wood works. Uhhm wait, that means due to my suggestion, ya'll might start punching me in the face. Nevermind, I retract my bid for anti-christ. Al Gore, it's all yours man.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I just can't find reason to believe what they say about the antichrist. Ever since the bible has been around, every generation has been sure that they are the ones that will usher in the end times. Why? You have to wonder when all this will start having negative impact on the perception of the religion. You can only "cry wolf" so many times before people start ignoring you.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
All this talk I've heard about the anti-christ sometimes seems to be like riddles. One time it sounds like someone is talking about an individual and at other times it seems like someone is talking about a force or policy of many individuals doing something contrary to what Christ might believe in and thus be acting as the anti-christ. For instance in the last part of the one link, a reference is made to protecting life from conception to death. If supporting that is supporting pacifism, then I might be that way. I've heard about 40,000,000 people (that's 40 million) were killed in the US due to this policy in the last few decades. I think that is simply a referal to abortion taking the lives of the unborn who didn't get a chance to argue for their right to live. That is a big number but none of them are around to argue the point. I wouldn't be surprised if 40 million is a small number compared to the number killed in China. I think if that is the message of anti-christ the Catholic church is trying to convey it's lost on the general public. Most people don't seem to care if 40 million died in the US alone. Perhaps the spirit of anti-christ is alive and well.

Then I heard something long ago that a relative told me that she keeps track of the age of the anti-christ by knowing my age. She told me the Catholic church put out some information saying the anti-christ was born in 1966 and that made it seem like an individual. I speculated and wondered about 6-6-66. Talk about putting unknown doubt into someone as a kid. Ever wonder if something strange happened to you if you might be the anti-christ? I'm a meat eater and enjoy a good steak so I guess that rules me out. Of course if I visited some countries where I can't stand the food, I might suddenly become a vegetarian and tell people that. If people don't know you, there's a good chance they'll believe you. I mean so many people believe there is an anti-christ that will be popular and help the world. Something about that doesn't seem to make sense.
I don't know though, could it be Gore?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
What is this, Salem?
The use of the concept of the "antichrist" is a weapon.
It's a weapon that makes people turn on each other and sell them out so that they appear as "good pious god-fearing" people.
So go ahead, go ahead and start pointing your finger at everyone.
Everyone is an antichrist.
You are all being used.

Sorry, that's just how I see it.

The Antichrist - Written by Samael Aun Weor

"Dazzling Intellectualism, as the manifested functionalism of the psychological "I," is without a doubt the Antichrist.

Those who suppose that the Antichrist is a strange personage born somewhere on the Earth or coming from this or that country are certainly completely mistaken.

We have emphatically stated that the Antichrist is definitely not a particular person, but all people.
Obviously, the Antichrist itself exists deep within each person and expresses itself in many ways.
Intellect which is placed in the service of the Spirit is useful; intellect which is divorced from the Spirit becomes useless.
Villains arise from intellectualism without spirituality: a vivid manifestation of the Antichrist. Obviously, the villain, in and for itself, is the Antichrist.
Unfortunately, the world today with all its tragedies and miseries is governed by the Antichrist. The state of Chaos in which modern humanity finds itself is undoubtedly due to the Antichrist.
The iniquitous one, of which Paul of Tarsus spoke in his Epistles, is certainly the harsh reality of our times. The iniquitous one is already here. It manifests itself everywhere; it certainly has the gift of ubiquity.

It argues in cafes, negotiates at the United Nations, sits comfortably in Geneva, conducts experiments in laboratories, invents atomic bombs, remote-controlled missiles, asphyxiating gases, bacteriological bombs, etc., etc., etc...."

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Search results from of ANTICHRIST from biblegateway.com

New International Version

Statements with "antiChrist"

1. 1 John 2:18
[ Warning Against Antichrists ] Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.
1 John 2:17-19 (in Context) 1 John 2 (Whole Chapter)

2. 1 John 2:22
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist—he denies the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:21-23 (in Context) 1 John 2 (Whole Chapter)
. 1 John 4:3
but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.
1 John 4:2-4 (in Context) 1 John 4 (Whole Chapter)

4. 2 John 1:7
Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.
2 John 1:6-8 (in Context) 2 John 1 (Whole Chapter)

Scriptures concerning "antiChrist"

Matthew 24:5

5For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,[a]' and will deceive many.

Footnotes:

1. Matthew 24:5 Or Messiah; also in verse 23

Matthew 24:23

23At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it.

Matthew 24:24

24For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

Matthew 24:26

26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

Mark 13:6

6Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many.

Mark 13:21

21At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ[a]!' or, 'Look, there he is!' do not believe it.

Footnotes:

1. Mark 13:21 Or Messiah

Mark 13:22

22For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible.

Luke 21:8

8He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

2 Thessalonians 2:3

3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Some manuscripts sin

concerning destruction of "antiChrist"

Revelation 19:20

20But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

Revelation 20:10

10And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Revelation 20:15

15If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Cardinal Biffi says - and i quote - 'The Antichrist walks among us.'

So our dearest cardinal has met the Antichrist already? Perhaps you can explain what kind of person fits into the image of the Antichrist?

Antichrist means opposed to Christ by being in the place of Christ.

Muslim extremists? The New World Order? How is this so-called Antichrist expected to convert millions of Christians? Afterall, according to the definition this Antichrist will be taking over the place of Christ. Since magic does not exist, I cannot see how the Antichrist would be able to convert those millions of people.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2

So I take it from those quotes that anyone who isn't a Christian is the Anti-Christ?

So exactly how many anti-Christs are there supposed to be?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
if a bishop (or whatever he is) is making a public statement, using his title in his name, and it is NOT detracted by the church, then, by all intents and purposes, yes, it is a formal statement.

Nope. Renegade Bishops do it all the time and they definately DO NOT represent the church. Heck ... Bishops even make statements against each other. So when bishops contradict each other then which one is representing the church officially?
Nuns, priests, bishops all make PERSONAL OPINIONS and statements that run contrary to church teaching all the time. They obviously do not represent the church's official opinion and neither does Cardinal Biffi.

They are people and they are allowed personal opinions. The Pope is allowed personal opinions and no Catholic is ever required to listen to or follow personal opinoin. Only doctrine.

Hate to rain on your parade, but it's time for a new marching band.

I have absolutely no idea what that means. Is that just some anti-Catholic jargon??

The FACTS here - Cardinal Biffi has made numerous personal opinions and statements that say he believes the anti-christ is alive and well today; that he is a philanthropist; an ecumenicalist; and a peace-nik. (oh, and probably a vegetarian
) Pope Benedict most likely shares his views because his good friend Pope John Paul II made some similar statements AND because Pope Benedict asked this priest to give the retreat, which signals what the pope is thinking about.

However, this is NOT an official statement of any kind and when ever a priest makes a personal opinion that doesn't mean the church sanctions it at all.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
So our dearest cardinal has met the Antichrist already? Perhaps you can explain what kind of person fits into the image of the Antichrist?

THAT is what it sounds like. That he has either met him, or he knows who he is. As for 'what kind of person fits into that image' ... you haven't read the first few posts or you would know what Cardinal Biffi says of him. Go back and read the first page and his words again.

Oh .. and as I said to Nygdan ... I think this is just his personal opinon and more anti-christ hoopla.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

So I take it from those quotes that anyone who isn't a Christian is the Anti-Christ?

So exactly how many anti-Christs are there supposed to be?

Determining the number of antiChrists:

AC = (bcw^1.2 - c) *666 + d

where:

AC = antiChrist
bcw = amount of "boy who cried wolf" incidients at the present point in time
c = number of times that bcw was initiated by a cardinal
d = How many drinks the Pope had with lunch on the day.

waiting on response from Vatican scholars to confirm its validity.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
DP

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

waiting on response from Vatican scholars to confirm its validity.

Response from Vatican ... hmmm .. that's interesting.

Obviously Pope Benedict agrees with the personal opinion of Cardinal Biffi. Cardinal Biffi has been very vocal about his thoughts and Benedict wouldn't have had Biffi be the retreat speaker if he disagreed with him.

But an official Vatican response .. hmmmmm ...

It would be great if we could get an official statement out of the Vatican on this. I wonder if the 'powers' here would be interested in contacting the Vatican's Press Office to see if they can get an official statement.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This is from Zenit ... the news source from Vatican City. It is NOT an official Catholic Church statement, but is the leading news source out of the Vatican.

www.zenit.org...

edited to add - wiki info about Cardinal Biffi - for whoever is interested -
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 3/2/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Actually I can't wait for the Anti-Christ to get here... then at least we can split the year into two.

A Christmas and an Anti-Christmas

Let's hope he/she/it will be born around June, so we can all have a taste of turkey in the sun

LoL....

As you can probably guess, I don't believe in an ANTICHRIST or a Second Coming.

We make our bed and we lie in it.

If you want to blame all the evil in the world on something.. then lets blame the true culprit.... HUMANS...

When will we grow up and grow out of the need to believe in something other than ourselves??

All the best,

NeoN HaZe.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Neon Haze]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:16 AM
link   
It's pretty apparent that nobody wants to accept the phrase "antichrist" in association with the "beast" who will force his/her mark (666 or 616...ect) on the world. I think we all understand that the word "antichrist" has a dual meaning but for this thread the author was reffering to the actual "beast". so, for clarity on ats i think we should start reffering to THE antichrist as THE BEAST?

Can we all agree on this?

here's the scripture for reference. so, stop googling antichrist you'll not get the point.

BEAST

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Then I heard something long ago that a relative told me that she keeps track of the age of the anti-christ by knowing my age. She told me the Catholic church put out some information saying the anti-christ was born in 1966 and that made it seem like an individual.

Born in 1966?! Look no further, I KNOW who the anti-Christ is...my older brother. That sadistic bastard would enjoy beating the living daylights out of me when we were younger. He would torment and torture me. Aside from being older and bigger than I was, he's just a big guy, period.

From all the abuse I'd endure, its a wonder I'm not some serial-killer. On the plus side, there's no beat-down that anyone can give to me that's worse than I've already endured.

As an adult, he's a liar, conniver, and he manipulates and uses people for his own selfish means.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Zhenyghi]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
As an adult, he's a liar, conniver, and he manipulates and uses people for his own selfish means.

Yep .. we all know evil people. But THE Anti-Christ will use evil but people will think the evil is good. Those people will adore him. Literally. All around the world.

Who is a philanthropist who is adored all around the world? Bono?
Some have pointed at him. Cardinal Biffi was asked the question point blank and he refused to name the person. I don't understand why, but that's what he did.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
the only religious community out there right now who has any worldwide Political influence is and has been the catholic church.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I know that I should have looked it up but what does "ecumenism" mean?

Also I believe that the anti-christ is going to be easy to pick out...He/She will be just as everyone expected nice and humanitarian....no havign to pick out real hard

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join