It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Biffi - Antichrist walks among us

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012

Actually, it's more like trying to find a needle in a needlestack. Anyone who refers to THE Antichrist as though there's only one unique singular being, is misguided. In my opinion.

I agree with you! I am of the belief that the Anti-Christ will be more of a political / conglomerate or even a multi-national entity than just a single person. I could be wrong but to me that makes more sense.

I'm with you two but if I was going to place a random bet at Ladbrokes I'd place a bet of Prince Charles - that's why he will never be King!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Sounds like Al Gore...

Man, he has his own research center and classes at my University... I've worked valet for a few of his parties at his house...

Somehow, I don't think of Gore, inventor of the internet, as the Antichrist. Dumb ass, maybe; Antichrist, thats stretchin' it.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So then this Cardinal expects the end of the world to be in this generation eh?

It would seem so. And I agree that it is probably just more anti-christ hoopla ... but I figured I'd post it for those who are interested. Cardinal Biffi speaks in the present tense when it comes to the anti-christ. I found that interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So then this Cardinal expects the end of the world to be in this generation eh?

The Bible does talk about how once Israel is re-established, a generation shall not pass before Christ's return... Israel became a nation in the 1940's. That generation only has a few more years in it... 2012? lol Who knows...

I cannot source this directly within the Bible - but I am sure that comes from Revelation.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Personally I think the whole antichrist thing is a myth, just like Zeus, Hades and Jupiter and other ancient myths were. I don't think that there's an antichrist and that there ever will be one.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
My question is, how can this Cardinal speculate on such random things pertaining to the Antichrist? I mean come on..."he is a vegetarian"? Whats up with that? How on Earth is this man going to know if the antichrist likes a good steak or not, or whether he is an affecionado of puppies? This just seems completely goofy to me.

I mean, throughout the past, people have speculated that the antichrist would be a great orator, and will unite the people under one religion, but those seemed to be somewhat vague generalizations compared to the specifics mentioned by the Cardinal.

It sounds like he might have prior knowledge of the man, and is just exposing a side of him to the public. Personally it sounds like the fictional creation of Benjamin Creme, the Maitreya. Only time will tell...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Personally I think the whole antichrist thing is a myth, just like Zeus, Hades and Jupiter and other ancient myths were. I don't think that there's an antichrist and that there ever will be one.

Amen. It's weird to me how people will blast others for believing in UFO's but yet I see those same people speaking of the anti-christ as if he exists. It baffles me
I'm not bashing anyone for believing anything, just confused by the hypocracy.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuasiShaman
More ignornance, killing, wars, oppression......anything and everything evil has come from the Christianity and Catholicism.

Despite the fact that i am not a religious person, I completely disagree with this comment. Evil comes from humanity, not christianity. Just like goodness does.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Okay, I'm going to take a huge chance here and post my opinion without reading the entire thread, okay, so...
(oh yeah, if I offend anyone, well, tough, I'm not taking a shot at you personally, so grow up and deal with it, last I checked, this is still the United States, and I'm still a taxpayer...um...sorry folks...I'll get off my soap box now...)

Alright, first, I just want to say, that I am SICK and TIRED of the church (yes, the very same church that has willingly lied to millions, slaughtered millions, stole from millions, misled millions and has had almost as many pedophiles as pious men in their service...yeah, I said it, prove me wrong...) making statements like this. First they pick on pagans (which last time I checked, was an older, and more peaceful way of living), then the Cathars, then the Templars, then all non-christians, then gays and lesbians and now vegetarians?

If Christ was alive (and y'know, there's not even proof that he even existed in the context with which the Church hides their misdeeds behind), he would be ashamed of the route that the benelovent church has taken in the last...oh I'd say...two thousand years.

And again, in order to have an "anti-christ" you need to have an actual, primary christ (which, again, last time I checked comes from the word "cristos" and simply means "anointed", which was a title given to those in certain esoteric mystery schools who attained a level of knowledge and wisdom) which we do not have.
What we do have, is a corrupt system that to this very day, plays on peoples fears and takes advantage of the willful ignorance of those who would just accept papal bull (appropriate terminology) rather than think for themselves.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm all for spiritual unity, and however you get there is between you and God, but I'm not for having to go through a middle-man to get there. Dig?

So, to end my little tangent here, who are these guys to be saying stuff like this?
Seriously?

Next thing you know, we're going to have a bunch of crazed bible thumpers picketing in front of my favorite vegetarian restaurant and claiming that we're all in league with the "antichrist".
They better not start bombing veggie restaurants like they did with Planned Parenthood, or...oooohhhh...it's on baby!

Heh, the church has made a living out of keeping their pockets lined with the money of the people they keep in the dark.

It's time for light.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Okay, I'm going to take a huge chance here and post my opinion without reading the entire thread, okay, so...
(oh yeah, if I offend anyone, well, tough, I'm not taking a shot at you personally, so grow up and deal with it, last I checked, this is still the United States, and I'm still a taxpayer...um...sorry folks...I'll get off my soap box now...)

It's time for light.

goddamn, well said!

Mod Note: Please don't post big quotes when it's not needed.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It amuses me that the signs of the Anti-Christ are to look for a person doing "Nice Things".

So only trust nasty people?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

You just hit the nail on the head. The Antichist is just like Zeus. The Antichist will be possessed by Satan just like mythical Zeus was.......and Hades and Jupiter. Zeus and Jupiter are the same....Greek Zeus is Roman Jupiter and Greek Hades is god of the under world. There are all the same person...........Nimrod of Babylon who was possessed by Satan and formed the first world government.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I imagine our world speculating to find anti-Christ.
If we continue that way, we will believe none. Even people with vision who want to offer to our community will be faced up with scepticism. How the world would be if we couldn't trust anybody and believe that ''he'' is right behind us? This is hell according to my opinion. Wake up people, we are not in medi-eval (medi-evil) years to see witches or warlocks to be burnt on the stake. These allegently magicians were the expiatory victims... as today are these allegently anti-christs.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
generally, if your a god believer, and love your religion, your a kind, thoughtful person.

so, in the same sense the antichrist is amongst us,

in forms of greeed, selfishness, hared, racism and such.

You might want to add to that list deception

with out a doubt

its how the all the bad stuff in the world is held together.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My stab will be a Rothschild but who the hell am I to speculate on these things. I don't have access to the vatican libraries and hidden x and hidden y.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
I am SICK and TIRED of the church ....making statements like this.

These are the personal statements of a Cardinal representing his personal beliefs. He is not speaking for the Church or speaking for the Vatican. These are his own personal comments and speculations based upon his beliefs and what he has witnessed.

the church has made a living out of keeping their pockets lined with the money of the people they keep in the dark.

Cardinal Biffi is an old man who isn't really in charge of a church with parisioners and is not asking for any money for any reason.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Um, that's your best argument?
Don't take this the wrong way, this is by far not a personal attack on you, but your retort justifies and strengthens my point.

Oh, and if a bishop (or whatever he is) is making a public statement, using his title in his name, and it is NOT detracted by the church, then, by all intents and purposes, yes, it is a formal statement.

Hate to rain on your parade, but it's time for a new marching band.

And, just to clarify, I never said that he specifically hoards/imbezels/steals/whatever money, but he does indeed represent an organization that does.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by wu kung]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Guessing who the "anti-Christ" is, is no more logical than guessing when the last day of Earth will be, or when you will die. All of these have been guessed over and over again for ages, with people claiming without a doubt that each named person labled as "the anti-christ" is the anti-christ, till they die and then they go and choose another person as the "anti-Christ."

Here's one simple solution to this problem: stop worrying.

If you believe the anti-Christ will come, then you also believe that you're powerless to do anything and that everything will play out as your faith's book says it will. Just because one person is labeled an anti-Christ does not mean that you're going to be able to stop the events from occurring. It's better to live and enjoy life and appreciate all the simple stuff, rather than worrying yourself till you're age 80 and regretting your spent your life pointing fingers.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Although he's supposed to be tall dark and handsome- It could be Obama Bama Boy too. (He gives me the willies)

That's what i keep telling people, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets that feeling. I just see him, or hear him talk, and i just get this horrible feeling. Bad vibes, I always listen to those. Unless you were joking, and then i feel stupid for posting this XD

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike

Originally posdted by Nygdan
Honestly though it sounds more like hte usual antichrist hysteria. When napoleon invaded spain, the catholics thought he was the antichrist. In the dark ages, I am sure that they thought the 'termagent worshiping muslim idolators' were the anti-christ, etc. Whoever the church (and clearly not just the rcc) fears at the time is 'the anti-christ'.

I fully agree.
The notion of the anti-Christ is a ''passing'' of the Church to debauce religionists' minds from more important things.
Catholic (and Orthodox) church has accused people for being anti-Christ when they dunno cope with their motives and interests.An example of the past, Galileo Galilei had been been accused as a pawn of Satan by the Inquisition. Today our minds are away from such superstitions or at least i thought so.
All of the prophesies are ''passings'' from the church clergies to ease people's pain for a better world. A world that is allegently written and prophesied but will never live in it.
In my country,
i have heard about many allegently anti-Christs been accused and they prooved to be fine people with extremely far out ideologies, but never kept up with what the Orthodox church said.
I believe the Pope is seeing a potential enemy of his throne and what would be best if charge him with the accusation of being anti-Christ.

Its like the boy who cried wolf unfortunately. You could say they have overkilled the "anti-Christ" label which I think is not beneficial either.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join