It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal Biffi - Antichrist walks among us

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Article with link to transcripts

Cardinal Biffi is a well respected cardinal and I'm sure he is on the 'short list' for the next pope. He was the priest who was chosen to lead this years Papal retreat which is a very prestigious position and signals 'where the Vatican's head is'.

Cardinal Biffi says - and i quote - 'The Antichrist walks among us.'

He also quoted Russian theologian Vladimir Soloviev. They both said "the Antichrist presents himself as pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist."

'Presents'. As in ... is doing it now.

I know that Pope John Paul II made reference to the fact that the Anti-Christ is alive now and is a philanthropist. I'll dig around and see if I can come up with that.

Anyways, i thought some of ya'll would be interested in this. The choice of this cardinal for the papal retreat tells us what the Vatican is thinking and it seems that Ratzingers ... I mean Benedicts ... thoughts are on the Anti-Christ.

Edited to add previous Cardinal Biffi statements about the Anti-Christ (a vegetarian)

www.news.bbc.co.uk...
www.thenazareneway.com...

A fascinating personality -

www.catholicculture.org...

[edit on 3/1/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Sounds like Al Gore...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Perhaps Cardinal Biffi has been listening to Bob Dylan songs -

He's a great humanitarian, he's a great philanthropist,
He knows just where to touch you, honey, and how you like to be kissed.
He'll put both his arms around you,
You can feel the tender touch of the beast.
You know that sometimes Satan comes as a man of peace.

— Bob Dylan, “Man of Peace”

At any rate. Cardinal Biffi is using present tense language. John Paul II did a few times too. I'll keep looking for the John Paul II quote.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The antichrist, is , in my mind similar to the idea of 'god'

God exists, in our minds.
Those who believe in god, religious types are caring loving people, doing everything by the book and commandments you know?

generally, if your a god believer, and love your religion, your a kind, thoughtful person.

so, in the same sense the antichrist is amongst us,

in forms of greeed, selfishness, hared, racism and such.

that sort of stuff is amongst us everywhere, everyday..

the antichrist will make his name known, when someone of such morals does something that affects the world all over.

Greed has created hundereds of thousands of deaths in Iraq.
Could you consider that, an act by the antichrist that walks among us ?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Sounds like Al Gore...

Dang it, you beat me to the puch

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Sounds like Al Gore...

I think Al Gores former Military service and his support of the Gulf War rule him out as being a Pacifist. But, then again, "That was then, This is now."

Who knows what his views will be in the future. I don't feel that they will be leaning toward Pacifism IMHO.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Who knows what his views will be in the future. I don't feel that they will be leaning toward Pacifism IMHO.

I don't know. If he would have been in office when 9/11 occurred...I don't think America's response would have been much.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the "Antichrist" is Dick Cheney.

Not Bush. Bush is just a disciple. Or whatever you call the right hand of evil.

Although he's supposed to be tall dark and handsome- It could be Obama Bama Boy too. (He gives me the willies)

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm with Agit8d here. (that's twice today we've agreed about something and I'm getting worried).

I'm sure that what they are saying is that the Antichrist is a concept, a function of our self obsessed society rather than a specific individual.

Unless he's thinking of Richard Branson of course.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So then this Cardinal expects the end of the world to be in this generation eh?

"the Antichrist presents himself as pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist."

Rather dangerous position for a catholic cardinal to take, no, since the church is pacifist and ecumenical.

Honestly though it sounds more like hte usual antichrist hysteria. When napoleon invaded spain, the catholics thought he was the antichrist. In the dark ages, I am sure that they thought the 'termagent worshiping muslim idolators' were the anti-christ, etc. Whoever the church (and clearly not just the rcc) fears at the time is 'the anti-christ'.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
take a pick..

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Of course, I guess we have to bear in mind that the Catholic establishment have a vested interest in scaring the willies out of their flock on a regular basis otherwise there would be little point in looking to God for salvation would there?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
My friend and I have been talking about this and we are trying to work on putting all the clues together.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posdted by Nygdan
Honestly though it sounds more like hte usual antichrist hysteria. When napoleon invaded spain, the catholics thought he was the antichrist. In the dark ages, I am sure that they thought the 'termagent worshiping muslim idolators' were the anti-christ, etc. Whoever the church (and clearly not just the rcc) fears at the time is 'the anti-christ'.

I fully agree.
The notion of the anti-Christ is a ''passing'' of the Church to debauce religionists' minds from more important things.
Catholic (and Orthodox) church has accused people for being anti-Christ when they dunno cope with their motives and interests.An example of the past, Galileo Galilei had been been accused as a pawn of Satan by the Inquisition. Today our minds are away from such superstitions or at least i thought so.
All of the prophesies are ''passings'' from the church clergies to ease people's pain for a better world. A world that is allegently written and prophesied but will never live in it.
In my country,
i have heard about many allegently anti-Christs been accused and they prooved to be fine people with extremely far out ideologies, but never kept up with what the Orthodox church said.
I believe the Pope is seeing a potential enemy of his throne and what would be best if charge him with the accusation of being anti-Christ.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
So then this Cardinal expects the end of the world to be in this generation eh?

"the Antichrist presents himself as pacifist, ecologist and ecumenist."

Rather dangerous position for a catholic cardinal to take, no, since the church is pacifist and ecumenical.

Believe it or not, I'm gonna have to AGREE with Nygdan (yes mark your calendars).
Keep the sheeple scared, you know they spend more then. I'm the anti-christ anyway

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I guess I'll take a shot at it because I'm pretty smart.

Don't take his words to have such a deep meaning.

Amoung US.

The NEW POPE!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Gore was first in my mind also but the antichrist is supposed to come from Europe.

As for being frightened, as a Christian the only thing that frightens me is the number of people not saved.

As always, this is my belief and everyone has a right to believe what they wish.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Greed has created hundereds of thousands of deaths in Iraq.
Could you consider that, an act by the antichrist that walks among us ?

Greed has caused billions of deaths throughout the timeline of our civilization. Hundreds of thousands of people may have died in Iraq because of greed, but tens of millions of people were killed during WWII over similar and sinful motivations. Trying to pick the anti-christ out of the living is like trying to find that proverbial needle in a haystack. There are countless fingers we can point, and one can look just as good as the other under any given light.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
Trying to pick the anti-christ out of the living is like trying to find that proverbial needle in a haystack.

Actually, it's more like trying to find a needle in a needlestack. Anyone who refers to THE Antichrist as though there's only one unique singular being, is misguided. In my opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The antichrist is among us, but not quite "HERE" yet. The cardinal is just using christian mythology to describe the astrological shift that is occurring.

Christ (among other things) is a representation of our current age of "Pisces". Thats why you always see that jesus/fish symbol on the back of peoples' cars. Anti-christ = end of the age of Pisces. Of course this is all just arbitrary measurement of time based on our spacial coordinates in relation to arbitrary constellations... in other words, the anti-christ is all in your head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join