It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone know anything about leprechauns? i believe i have encountered something that fits the de

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
in the 90's there was a work of fiction published by raymond e feist that was a departure from his normal style, which is that of LOTR type fantasy (amazing series of books btw) but his contemporary book was entitled faerie tale. it dealt with this type phenomena and with the history of 'magical' beings from legend.

now, as to how this applies here...well, it was a very well researched book and the underlying implication of the book was that most legends and fairy tales have a basis in the real world and in real history. they had to come from somewhere etc.

id def recomend it if for no other reason than its a good read.

but, ive worn a 'fairy stone' for over 12 years now after reading it, "just in case"

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mclarenmp4

Originally posted by JackofBlades
There's was one sighted in America last year(?). Didn't come to much though, apart for a very poor drawing which sold on ebay for quite a bit, and humorous ideas about what it really was...

The woman who said "Its just a crackhead" still makes me laugh.

Yeah that was quite a funny story, the video can be found here.

www.youtube.com...

Very funny indeed! But have you seen the music video for it! Priceless!
"I just wanna know where da gold at?"

edit- forgot to leave the last "s" off for savings!

[edit on 1-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
ALIEN species called " DEROS" from another world is conclusive after reading this great article from burlington news.com I believe I agree with this.

An underground species. Some believe them to be human while others see them as non-humans. These are the beings from which comes our legends of leprachauns and trolls. Unlike the Teros, this 'little' beings are considered 'demented' and cannot be trusted. The Teros try to keep them under control and keep them from having excessive power. The Deros live in underground tunnels, cities and under the sea.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

[edit on 3/1/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Hey just because the guy is new doesn't mean he's full of bs...

Before I first signed up, I had been reading the posts for nearly two years off and on, and when I met this old man in the VIP room of a notorious strip club in Chicago and he told me his story about how he was involved in the shooting of JFK and corraborated many things along with bringing in new people like Frank Sinatra, I had to sign up and post it... He's probably in the same shoes

Dae

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
Very funny indeed! But have you seen the music video for it! Priceless!
"I just wanna know where da gold at?"

Ahhhh that was so very very funny, thank you all!

Ok, on a serious note. I remember reading a fascinating article in Fortean Times about a building site in Ireland, talk of leprechauns and the lengths the Irish people went to to appease the little blighters. Just did a quick search on their site and the article isnt there, probably just in print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trimmed triple nested quote

[edit on 3/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Every tale I've heard about leprauchauns have been about those of the male gender. Further, folk and artistic works of the creatures depict them as male.

Where are the leprauchaun women? How do the little buggers reproduce???

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
Where are the leprauchaun women? How do the little buggers reproduce???

why do you think they refer ti "them" as their "lucky charms"?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazystrongguy
it was a small shadowy figure leaning down hovering over something, ...
... heard a dog moaning noise, as they looked up they saw the same figure stabbing a dog and it started to chase them as well.

OK, I have to ask the obvious. ( since the OP has not returned yet )

If the story is true, there would have to some evidence of the attack on the dog. Whether it be blood or carcus, something would be evident.

The lack of information provided on this point, leads me to call 'Shenanigans'.

Also, an important celebratory day is on the 17th day of the month of March...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
www.irelandseye.com...

Leprechaun / Fairy Cam from Ireland.

Some folks have posted their (alleged) sightings at this website too.

Have fun!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I clicked your link for a laugh and lo and behold, I spotted an elf

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I clicked your link for a laugh and lo and behold, I spotted an elf

The link doesn't work :'(

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
hmmmm

Me thinks I smell a fish

Now I've watched it for 20 mintues and whatever that green thing is, it's moving. I've taken some photo's...

image 1 (or 2 if you count the one before)

[edit on 2/3/07 by FudgeStix]

[edit on 2/3/07 by FudgeStix]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Like I said. The DEROS. They are not of earth, they are from another origin.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
That "Live" view is soo fake
like am i supposed to believe that, that painting in the background is a real background? and that those stones are a forest???

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I don't believe these elven characters exist or have ever existed!
Celtic mythology and folklore has a rich tapestry of small /petite entities that do not have any real factual basis. Creatures of imagination such as leprechauns probabley evolved from the whiskey enhanced imagination of many alcohol fuelled parties that were common in their culture.

Happy Leprechauns

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
dock6, if you're still around, i read your whole post and you mentioned you had an experience but never mentioned what happened.. can you please post what happened to you??

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
WHO RUNS AWAY FROM A LEPRECHAUN? You are so busted dude! Who in their right mind runs away from a three foot tall leprechaun? Are you filthy rich? Do you not realize the fame and fortune that owning your very own leprechaun would bring? I am betting the leprechaun smelled your beer and wanted to party with you. Maybe you could build a leprechaun trap and bait it with BEER?

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Who in their right mind runs away from a three foot tall leprechaun?

How about a poisonous snake? Or a bat or a poisonous spider or wasps? Significantly smaller than a leprechaun, but you'd likely go into avoidance mode, no?

Now how about a malevolent 3' tall humanoid with a weapon? Unless you're packing, you'd run, bubba.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
NOT ME!! I am usually good to go against armed assailants of any size. Here we are allowed to pack and many of us do. I would never shoot a Leprechaun though. They are an endangered species. BTW I do not run away from snakes, I run TOWARD them.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
WHO RUNS AWAY FROM A LEPRECHAUN? You are so busted dude! Who in their right mind runs away from a three foot tall leprechaun? Are you filthy rich? Do you not realize the fame and fortune that owning your very own leprechaun would bring? I am betting the leprechaun smelled your beer and wanted to party with you. Maybe you could build a leprechaun trap and bait it with BEER?

according to the story, this one was a maniacal leprachaun that was in the habit of slaughtering canines.

now, with a few beers in me, I'd have gone after the pocket sized fella and taught him to pick on someone his own size. then I'd have stolen his lucky charms and forced him into slave labor for good measure.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join