It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A10 pilot speaks out on Pheonix lights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This pilot has come forward stating that he was responsible for the Pheonix lights and can't believe the furore that still surrounds it today.

www.freep.com.../20070301/NEWS07/703010425/1001/NEWS

Why speak now??

[edit on 1/3/07 by October]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The Phoenix lights were examined by a professional company out there in Phoenix. The man showed how he examined these and I would say he knows what he is doing. This man is very credible and used to examine such things as these because of his expertise.

In my opinion this pilot is only trying to make a name

[edit on 1-3-2007 by observe50]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This sounds like an entirely reasonable explanation to me. I don't see a conspiracy in every statement that contradicts a UFO sighting. Why come out with this now? I don't know. But, if the Air Force really wanted this thing to die, they would not have said anything at all.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Not sure why the story is hitting today, but this is old news...

Surprisingly, it didn't mention the name of the operation "Operation Snowbird" responsible for the flare drop. You can see more in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I believe the man your referring observe50 is Jim Diletosso, located in Phoenix. He had done a lot of research on the March, 1996 Phoenix visits.
Including Group interviews of the witnesses as well as specialized analysis of the lights.

As for the claims being made re flares, this came out in 1997, and though I believe the target range stuff happened (50 miles south/west) that eve, BUT had nothing to do with the main and pre/post sightings in the area. eg no planes or lights were seen dropping "flares", they just popped up over the mountain lit up in a row and popped out one by one. Luke Air force base, on camera, claimed they were closed that night (Bull).

You have a prior skeptical Truck Driver who seen two interceptors take off from Luke on full afterburners, one headed left and the driver watched it as it approached one of the lights, which went straight up faster than a blink of an eye.

In my opinion, after all the witnesses and the witch-hunt election removal of a Phoenix Council person (Barwood) after asking questions in-session, something big happened there. Even Senator McCain has not spoke on the incident when asked. Maybe a press person will ask if he'll come clean on the incident if he's elected Pres.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Mc Cain won't come clean if elected. When Katrina occurred Bush was with Mc Cain in Arizona celebrating a Birthday. Now on TV when you see Mc Cain and Bush having difference I wonder, you know what I mean??????

That Council woman said she asked Mc Cain whom she considered a friend and well, we all know what happened with that, nothing.

I think you are right about that man who examined these pictures extensively and I think I will go with his expertise.

I think there is something major in Phoenix. I have been there three times and seen things on two of those visits myself. With the Mountain and the Vortex's I feel they are drawn there and I believe the Hopi know more then they have spoken of.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I believe the man your referring observe50 is Jim Diletosso, located in Phoenix. He had done a lot of research on the March, 1996 Phoenix visits.
Including Group interviews of the witnesses as well as specialized analysis of the lights.

That's one investigator. He tried to conclude that the lights could not be flares, but his analysis is considered highly flawed and there was another analysis done of the videos, which showed concretely that the lights disappeared in sequence as they would based on the mountain, and if going behind the mountain.

As for the claims being made re flares, this came out in 1997, and though I believe the target range stuff happened (50 miles south/west) that eve, BUT had nothing to do with the main and pre/post sightings in the area. eg no planes or lights were seen dropping "flares", they just popped up over the mountain lit up in a row and popped out one by one. Luke Air force base, on camera, claimed they were closed that night (Bull).

There were TWO sightings, but there are only multiple videos of the 10pm event. The 10pm event, captured on video, is what is purported (and supported) to be flares. Also, the flares were dropped by the visiting Maryland Air National Guard NOT the Air Force, so yes, the Air Force was truthful when saying they didn't know.

You have a prior skeptical Truck Driver who seen two interceptors take off from Luke on full afterburners, one headed left and the driver watched it as it approached one of the lights, which went straight up faster than a blink of an eye.

In my opinion, after all the witnesses and the witch-hunt election removal of a Phoenix Council person (Barwood) after asking questions in-session, something big happened there. Even Senator McCain has not spoke on the incident when asked. Maybe a press person will ask if he'll come clean on the incident if he's elected Pres.

While it's possible something amazing happened during the earlier sighting, the 10pm event still seems well explained by flares, and that (the 10pm event) is what we have all of the video of. So the better question then becomes, what the heck were all of these videographers doing during the earlier sighting, or was there really another event at all....? It's one of the things that makes this case so difficult to decipher, as only witness testimony is there to support the first event.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I disagree with you but it is something we didn't view so we don't really know.

All I know is this man is well known and has great knowledge in this field and I will go with his results in testing which were quite interesting.

I, myself have seen things while visiting Arizona but as with everything else we need to wait for the time they show themsselves for everyone to believe with there own eye.

I think Arizona is a very interesting place.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'll agree that there are tons of unidentified lights seen in AZ skies...all I'm saying is that the evidence for the 10pm event, that was videotaped, is strongly supported by the flares explanation.

1. No light exceeded the duration of the flares used (i.e. 5 min burn time) by video evidence.
2. According to superimposition analysis of the terrain and all videos, from various vantage points, the disappearance of each light corresponded exactly to when it crossed the terrain line of the mountains.
3. The MD Air National Guard admitted to dropping flares on the night, and at the time in question.
4. Other video footage of night flare drops looks identical to the video footage on the night in question.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
these guys are part of the air force that said they were flares back then and then they knowingly dropped the flares again without any warning what so ever. this is all really fishy, when exactly is the anneversary of the day?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I believe the Anniversary has just passed it's tenth, and more flares were seen according to one news channel who captured identical lights from those seen 10 years ago. The reporter was airbourne when it was being reported buti thought that was all a bit fishy. So are you saying that the actual large triangular object seen that night was sighted by multiple witnesses BEFORE the flare incident?, no picture evidence has ever been forthcoming of this massive object has there?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

So are you saying that the actual large triangular object seen that night was sighted by multiple witnesses BEFORE the flare incident?, no picture evidence has ever been forthcoming of this massive object has there?

Yes.

There are basically two separate sighting events...and any serious investigation into the incident will yield this. The first event was around 8pm. There is at least one known video of this, but it's very grainy, and has no reference points, so hard to tell if it's a stationary object/s or moving. From the narration, it appears to be a moving formation of planes. Check my linked thread earlier, for a still from this video. This event is where the Ley family and other witnesses claim to have seen a large boomerang shaped craft.

The 10pm sighting was later, and this is where we have the most video footage, including the infamous footage of the lights we all saw on CNN, etc. This 10pm sighting is the one where flares satisfy the evidence. Problem is, apart from the one grainy video, there is only witness testimony supporting the first sighting.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Further to what my thoughts were above, there were a least three sightings, actually I believe four. One the night before (taped) of two or three lights. The main event the following night multi-taped. The V-formation the following night or same night (taped Only One) as it moved across a man's house And the multi-witness sighting of the huge V flying over their neighborhood.

As for the Jim's effort I salute his efforts in doing a comparison analysis of the lights themselves. Where's the aircraft or helicopter shown releasing the so-called military flares.
Yes, I have seen the prg investigating the lights through a composite video and I concur it looks good as a prosaic answer, but.. it became obvious to me the angle of the composite made by the hired firm did not correspond to the video image taken by the salesman (home balcony). It appears to be much lower and fart to the left of the overlapped original.

There's a new documentary out with some additional info discussed by Mrs Barwood re an additional close-up tape and how it was scooped (OSI ?). Hope you all see it TV-listed in your areas and get a chance to see it.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
This pilot has come forward stating that he was responsible for the Pheonix lights and can't believe the furore that still surrounds it today.

www.freep.com.../20070301/NEWS07/703010425/1001/NEWS

Why speak now??

[edit on 1/3/07 by October]

It is a tactic used by the military and government to refresh the minds of the public that the current government/military machine currently denies the existence of UFOs and extra terrestrials.

The Phoenix lights happened 10 years ago, and suddenly - this pilot comes forward and says "Whoops, I did it!!!"

It seems like the 'man' is testing the waters to see who believes them and who believes Ufology.

With the current dissent of the American people over their governments corruption and actions - it is very intriguing that this has suddenly surfaced again.

It seems to be a test.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
this is all BS people. this DOES NOT explain what happened on 3-13-1997. I lived in Tucson, AZ at the time and saw the same "lights". they could in no way be flares. how could people in Nevada then Pheonix, AZ then Tucson, AZ all see the SAME flares? THEY COULD NOT. dont by into this flare BS. they are hiding something and Ive felt that ever since they made a joke out of it after it happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I HAVE TO KEEP GOING THROUGH THIS WITH YOU PEOPLE!

I have been witness to the original Phoenix Lights episode as well as many other UFO's before and a few since. I have also witnessed idiots trying to hoax a "Phoenix Lights" event with flares. I have also been witness to hundreds of photoflash missions flown by RB-57 recon bombers of Vietnam War vintage. I am familiar with flares. It is obvious that most people here have never seen a parachute flare or have only seen one from a great distance and paid little attention to it.
One of the properties of parachute flares is that they put out an ungodly amount of light. During the Vietnam War, RB-57 bombers could take advantage of that to take pictures of troop and cargo movements by the enemy. The only problem was the enemy kney they were there. With the amount of light put out by the flares, the planes could fly high enough to avoid the ground fire.
Another interesting property of parachute flares is that they put out copious amounts of white smoke. When you look at a flare up close, say 200 yards away you have no problem seeing the thick plume rising into the night sky illuminated by the blinding light. You can still see the plumes from several miles away, especially if there are several as would have to have been the case with the Phoenix Lights.
The last property of parachute flares that I want to illustrate is that they all fall at their own rate. If the military dropped five or six flares in an accidental formation, that formation would soon get out of line. Not to mention the fact that the formation of lights known as the Phoenix Lights was sighted flying all over Arizona. Parachute flares don't fly all over Arizona.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Hi Groingrinder,

Thanks for your post, sorry if it seems to be going over old ground and maybe you could tell me more about your first Pheonix lights sighting so i can get a better overall picture. Just wish it wasn't so confusing....

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by October
...maybe you could tell me more about ... Pheonix lights sighting so i can get a better overall picture.
Just wish it wasn't so confusing....

1st off, i'd go reread 'Gazrok' posts, and the ATS link he suggested...

then see this 4 page article by a Steve Lantz, found here;
www.ufodigest.com...

in a overview, there were daylight visual sightings from outside Vegas
then all over Arizona from 7 AM till a little after 8PM,
from Kingman in northern AZ to Tuscon AZ & a return @10PM, known as
"Phoenix Lights"...that has been the sensationalized incident in the pop culture

hope this article covers enough for you,
the various Blimps & other project names should be of interest and
info to 'search on Google'

top topics

join