It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots In Copenhagen After Antiterror Unit Cleared Ungdomshuset

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

NO Police anywhere in Denmark? Seriously?

How small is your Police Force?

I don't know how many police are in Denmark, but they say they have all been called in to Copenhagen. I wonder if they'll call in the military soon...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That must be some serious crap going down! The Uk has around 100,000 police, of course Denmark's would be quite a bit smaller, but that is still alot of Police!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Why is this not being covered by Fox, CNN, MSNBC? GEEZ .. INFURIATING!!!

It appears to be growing? Hope it doesn't get to far out of control.. great vids and pics guys.

I AM soooo SICK of hearing about that stupid drugged up slut Anna Nichole and no real news stories.. what is wrong with this country??

[edit on 3/2/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't know how many police are in Copenhagen right now, or in Denmark in total, but they are having a rough time now. They say many activists were closer than 100 meters from Ungdomshuset some minutes ago. They want to take it back.

Here's a picture I found in this danish article.

Photo: Miriam Dalsgaard

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Why is this not being covered by Fox, CNN, MSNBC? GEEZ .. INFURIATING!!!

It appears to be growing? Hope it doesn't get to far out of control.. great vids and pics guys.

Sod the Yank networks, they don't care about Foreign news unless it affects America in anyway (no offence, but you guys are very insular with your news)

Try the Beeb: news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
None taken Stu.. its sad.. no wonder our people are just about medicaly retarded. A real news event unfolds and what do we show? An hour and a half about a bus accident, and another 2 hours of anna nichole smith, who was both a drug addict, whore and oh ya, waste of air. Thats America.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

How small is your Police Force?

About 10.000+ ...equal to a little less >200 pr 100K.

For comparism, England&Wales: 235, United States: 245

www.unodc.org...

It sure must be a weekend of heydays coming up for burglars and junkies in the provincies of Denmark.

[ed to add link]

[edit on 2-3-2007 by khunmoon]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
None taken Stu.. its sad.. no wonder our people are just about medicaly retarded. A real news event unfolds and what do we show? An hour and a half about a bus accident, and another 2 hours of anna nichole smith, who was both a drug addict, whore and oh ya, waste of air. Thats America.

In the early hours of the morning, BBC News 24 shows an hour of ABC news. It is rather eye opening to see what is carried on your networks.

Apparently some minor League Baseball player has $2 Billion worth of rocks in a field he owns... Imagine that!

Anyhoo, back to our scheduled programming

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There's a picture galleri here. The police says most of the fires can't be put out at the moment. They have to focus on the most serious fires.

From the gallery:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This is a rather cool pic. Is the guy actually standing in the fire?

[edit on 2/3/07 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Couldn't you post the image here, cause the site politiken.dk, hosting these pics, are banned where I stay.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The situation has seriously degenerated...

Im starting to hope they call in the military to secure the areas

It is not a Copenhagen only situation, it's spreading

Hypotetically, could they ask for Germany to lend a few policemen instead of calling the military?

It is not often we see riots as violent as this one

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Couldn't you post the image here, cause the site politiken.dk, hosting these pics, are banned where I stay.

Not too sure how to do that. I use the code img etc, but it displays the "external image" link.

How does one post the image?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

the site politiken.dk, hosting these pics, are banned where I stay.

They really banned Politiken?! Wow! Why? Did they write something bad about them perhaps?

Anyway, here's the picture. I doubt he is actually standing in the fire.

Here's another picture of some of the many burning cars in Copenhagen. The activists have occupied a school at Christianshavn. Most of the fighting seems to be happening at Christianshavn at the moment. More than 400 have been arrested since they cleared Ungdomshuset.

From this danish article:

Photo: Carsten Folke Møller / TV 2

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Not too sure how to do that. I use the code img etc, but it displays the "external image" link.

How does one post the image?

To post an image in a thread.

1. Paste the image in question on your desktop, i.e.>copy from source.

2. Go to member center>chose 'member upload space'>brovse, click the image on your desktop and then click upload.

3. The image is now a http with a name on your list of images. Highlight and copy it, paste it inside[][/]tags with "im" as tag name ..and the image will be displayed with its original name.

Not very clear I guess.

Most people use photbucket or similar for hosting service, but I'm not sure about how doing that.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A little note regarding posting of images:

If you are hosting the image yourself, i.e. via ats members upload or imageshack or any other image hosting site, you don't have to use im-tags. You can use ats-tags instead for hosted images. Like this:

[ats]link to image[/ats]

That's what I've done in this thread

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing the pics, more dramatic than real scarring I think.

These riots won't bring no revolution.

But the aftermath will be more suppression. Sure

Originally posted by Hellmutt
They really banned Politiken?! Wow! Why? Did they write something bad about them perhaps?

It's the only Danish paper to have an eye pending on Thailand, and I would think they have been too critical to the junta. I'm not sure what caused it, but one day in November connection was gone.

So I'm careful what I say about the country, I wouldn't like to see ATS also closed here.

BTW, they've closed about 10.000 sites since the coup.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
To close 10,000 sites on the matter is no small feat... they are definately worried about people taking the opposing side, thats for sure.

Does anyone have any links (any that are left) that give some insight on the rioters demands / political views?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Does anyone have any links (any that are left) that give some insight on the rioters demands / political views?

The activists feel that the city authorities owns them another house. They want a new house given to them, and they want this house to be located at Noerrebro. However, I don't believe they are welcome in Noerrebro anymore after they started all these fires.

Another gallery here (sorry khunmoon, but it's Politiken again)

From the gallery:

Relaxing with a beer and a sigarette while the city is burning...

Photo: Jacob Ehrbahn

Translates to: "Hot coffee to uniforms"

Photo: Jacob Ehrbahn

And yet another gallery here.

[edit on 2007/3/2 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
To close 10,000 sites on the matter is no small feat... they are definately worried about people taking the opposing side, thats for sure.

For the record, the 10.000 sites closed was in Thailand, mentioned off-topic.

I have a link, controversial in DK, so much that it might/could be closed with basis in the anti-terror laws.

www.indymedia.dk...

It has news/proclamations in mixed danish/english/german. You might find further links inside.

[ed to add]
It's now the topstory on CCN, but nothing on their website yet.

They say 170 more have been arrested on the second night of riots.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by khunmoon]

[edit on 3-3-2007 by khunmoon]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join