It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking in zero gravity!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
In what is know as a huge mile stone, Stephen is going on a plane ride to experience zero gravity. Heres a link.
www.msnbc.msn.com...

His goal is to fly in space by 2009. This is just awesome, this man deserves it one million percent. Thank you Zero Gravity Corp!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I second that!! Good for him!!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
what good news ... I was just reading about this and it will be great to see him accomplish a dream

Good for him

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would love to experience 0g... it would certainly be a thrill.

Skydiving isn't quite the same, the wind rushing past you, and the sight of the ground creeping up brings you back to the reality that you are falling.

If you freefall in a plane, you get the sensation of 0 gravity, no wind, and no sight of the ground rushing up at you to snap you back to reality.

What a thrill that must be.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
More power to him.

If an elderly quadriplegic can accomplish this it just shows that anyone can do it.
I have the deepest respect for this man, and hope he gets to see his dream come true.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Great Post! This one made me smile
I am glad to hear that Branson is trying to get him into space as well. He deserves it!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
ogog Steve.I'd like to see him get up there to hear his reaction.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Has anyone considered if he will be able to survive the stresses of liftoff when he takes his space flight? I'm sure going into space would be cool and all, but how strong medically is he? I think that his trip would be rather high risk and I am surprised that any space agency would seriousally consider sending him up.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Heres some more info, he took his flight today. And he just LOVED IT!

www.cnn.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
very good and full of positivity post,thanks man

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here is the man himself doing his thing.

Nice one Stephen.

Sky news report & video

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Simtek he won't be going to space. As far as I understand, 0g is simulated by a plane flying to a high altitude and the diving towards the ground. It isn't true 0g, but you get the same effects.

new topics

join