It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 2 Jets chase UFO

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Also it looks like the planes giving chase are F-22 Raptors. The size of the UFO itself seems kind of small to me. Anyway there's my initial impression. I'm going to watch it a few more times and see if I can catch anything else.
[edit on 1-3-2007 by CuriousSkeptic]

I thought they were Raptors at first too; especially the first aircraft. The trailing ship has a better plan form view and to my untrained eye, I'd have to say they're Mig 29UBs. The F22s haven't been deployed overseas (except most recently to Kadena - Japan). They're based out of Langley and Hill AFB in Utah. So, if they are F22s, they couldn't/shouldn't be in Germany and would lead me to believe the whole thing is fake.

IF this was filmed in Germany, then they probably are Mig 29s.

As for their low altitude "pursuit", the UFO could be faked and the web cam is positioned near the AFB and we're merely seeing a normal two ship take off...

Who knows, but it is very cool.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Horned Frog]

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Horned Frog]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
am i the only one who thinks it's odd that the camera was even there ?
i meam , what was he taping for ?
i say fake . jm2c

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Its supposed to be some sort of weather-cam. Possibly some sort of live feed to the internet or something. I would like to know more about the source of this vid.

edit- The OP on youtube just posted this "It's a german weather-webcam but I dont know which city. I don't know the exact date but the file was created on: Monday, 25.April 2005, 18:39:22 " Hope that helps anyone!

[edit on 1-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
A weathercam is just the same as any webcam - only aimed at the sky. They're usually set up by amateur meteorologists and are simply used by other people to see what the weather is like in different parts of the country. Sometimes they only update every few seconds, sometimes they're live feed, as this one seems to be (judging by the tree movements at the bottom of the frame).

It's unusual (to my knowledge) for anyone to routinely save these recordings. And not even a serious weather geek would bother watching a webcam like this for more than a few seconds. Unless there was a good thunderstorm in progress ...

If authentic I would say that both 'UFO' and following jets were flying at only a few hundred feet - such activity would have certainly drawn attention from local residents (noise etc).

The full moon might help with determining date.

But unless someone comes forward to say where the webcam is, and when they recorded the images, the probability is that this is a hoax.

It's also worth noting that the webcam may have simply been set up by someone specifically to perpetuate a hoax, calling it a weathercam in order to explain why it was aimed at the sky. There is it seems no actual evidence that this is a permamently sited webcam.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You make a good point Essan. I think we just need to know more about the source of this vid. That would answer a lot. Anyone?.....Anyone?....

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

edit- The OP on youtube just posted this "It's a german weather-webcam but I dont know which city. I don't know the exact date but the file was created on: Monday, 25.April 2005, 18:39:22 " Hope that helps anyone!

Yes, the moon appears full, or nearly full, and there was a full moon on the 24th April 2005. However, the Moon does look a bit too high in the sky for that time of day, I'd have expected it to be just rising around then. so possibly it was a few days earlier when there was a waxing gibbous moon?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Right on man
Thanks for checking that! So that certainly doesn't confirm or deny anything, but it doesn't hurt the legitimacy of the vid! Still waiting for that person to step forward

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I would agree but, it had to happen sometime right? How many times do you think this happens without being caught on tape? How many times have we got a giant squid on tape? Once? Was it a fake? Probability factor means little in this case. I believe this could be real! If the govt, wanted to deny the existence of the giant squid it wouldn't be that hard. Gonna go with my spider sense on this one! Real until proven otherwise!

Well if you're going to fly top secret aircraft/ET hovers around a lot then eventually it will be caught on camera; although this doesn't weigh in as to its authenticity. There's no navigation lights on the jet fighters which is strange; the camera just sits there and suddenly perfectly in shot we have a UFO and two pursuing fighter jets. Now it's possible the camera could've been left on for a significant period but we don't have access to the information.

It's dangerous to decide whether it's real or fake without concrete evidence to support either. Yes that's boring and it takes away the mystery but you need to be rational. I'm 'inclined' as in my feeling says it's fake but I can't prove it's fake so it's an open verdict but highly likely IMO that it's not real.

Some may deem this to be of 'aprocryphal' standing.

[edit on 2/3/07 by Flyboy211]

[edit on 2/3/07 by Flyboy211]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
While I think it's only a matter of time before we get some good webcam video by accident, I'm leaning toward FAKE on this one. I just don't see why the chasing aircraft would track so low over a populated area. Why wouldn't they keep some altitude to stay above it a bit. After all it'll probably ascend as opposed to dematerializing into the earth, so why follow the objects direct flight path?... I also think that if the cam was buzzed by 2 jets this closely there would be SOME amount of jitter from the jets engine noise. Unless this cam was bolted to a cement structure it should have SOME amount of jitter IMO.

Very cool, but phoney-baloney (balogna?
)

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think all videos/photos will be continued to be considered a hoax/flares/balloons/satellites/stars no matter what. There is no way whatso ever to prove them, even with time/date/background/weather/equipment used/personal history. All sightings can be debunked as something until they land on the white house lawn or hover over NYC for a long period of time. All we can do is sit back look at the videos and photos, analize them and give our opinions. Some may prove their theory with out a doubt but none the less most are pure opinions nothing else.

To me this video was cool. No clue if it was real or a hoax though.

Looked like a game of cat and mouse as ironic as it sounds.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Maybe there not chasing the UFO at all. It could be possible they are racing the UFO? Keeping it low in flight as to stay from being way up in the sky where alot of people may see?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You make a good point Essan. I think we just need to know more about the source of this vid. That would answer a lot. Anyone?.....Anyone?....

I totally agree. I seem to have a brain crap but wasn't there a guy here who was banned for presenting a video of a UFO ? Anyway, if I remember correctly, the video was hosted in Germany at a server ran by a CGI company that was trying to create UFO vids. He had his story all messed up and kept changing some details. He was supposed to be a computer expert or something like that. Man, I feel like I'm blabbing so I'll stop now.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Looked like a game of cat and mouse as ironic as it sounds.

Hehe Nice.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
What if the saucer has a military pilot from our armed forces flying it? The jets are there just in case something goes wrong on the flight. Still a cool video.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I don't think it was cgi. I think there is an easier answer.

1st -aim camera at the sky.
2nd -toss frisby over camera.
3rd -launch 2 toy planes (like these explore4fun.com... ) over camera.

Just my theory.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TranscendentalHocusPocus

Just my theory.

LOL whilst I admit I kinda like the idea that the UFO and jets are kids toys, I don't think it's very likely.

I've been watching this thread since it was created but haven't posted because to be honest I find the clip very unconvincing but I know other posters hate it when you just come into a thread and say "FAKE!" so I've kept my mouth shut. I have enjoyed reading the debate though.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TranscendentalHocusPocus

Just my theory.

You're joking right?...

Look at the flight style and formation of the jets when they pass... If they are models then i'll be damned. They fly far more like real aircraft than models or toys.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
What if the saucer has a military pilot from our armed forces flying it? The jets are there just in case something goes wrong on the flight. Still a cool video.

Exactly, the jets don't have to be chasing it, they might just be observing it from afar, from really afar.
For me, the video looks authentic, but I am no video expert. Could it be that the first UFO is just a Jet, and that someone edited over the frames to make it look like a UFO? Just a simple question.

-Jimmy-

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Assuming for a moment that this isn't fake (which I believe it is) it still doesn't fit in with the reported maneuvering characteristics reported by witnesses who have observed these objects over the past 6 decades. Many times we have been told of how a UFO instantly disappears "in the blink of an eye" yet here we have 2 jets not even travelling supersonic (I assume, from their altitude and lack of camera shaking in wake of a sonic boom) apparently doing a pretty good job of giving pursuit. To me it doesn't add up to me.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology
Assuming for a moment that this isn't fake (which I believe it is) it still doesn't fit in with the reported maneuvering characteristics reported by witnesses who have observed these objects over the past 6 decades.

There are many reports of UFOs that do not do those typical "impossible" manoeuvres.

There also reports of UFOs being chased by fighters for some time, so I think that this does not invalidate the video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join