It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: 2 Jets chase UFO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Great find fooffstarr
There are other older filmed and video'd segments (including one I can think of crossing the moon, taken by NASA), that show UFOs moving in leaps when the film/vids' slowed down.

Your video shows the same characteristic movement of the better believed UFO type movement. This I believe makes the sighting more believable rather than hoaxed. As for the fighters, I have not a clue.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati
I have one major problem with this, they are too LOW, the angle of attack is all wrong, if they were "chasing" that Object they wouldn't be so low to the ground.

Unless the object they are pursuing is also low to the ground. I understand what you are saying but it only makes sense to go low if you are chasing something that low.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
I'm inclined to believe it's a forgery. Just seems convenient how a camera is perfectly placed to catch a speeding UFO and two pursuing fighter jets. The jets to me look like the outline of a F/A-22 fighter.

Otherwise cool heh

I would agree but, it had to happen sometime right? How many times do you think this happens without being caught on tape? How many times have we got a giant squid on tape? Once? Was it a fake? Probability factor means little in this case. I believe this could be real! If the govt, wanted to deny the existence of the giant squid it wouldn't be that hard. Gonna go with my spider sense on this one! Real until proven otherwise!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Our guys are doing their best with the technology at hand. Nice tight formation.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
Edit: Does the place where the planes start seem out of place, I don't know if it's because of the time elapse on the the camera but that looks a little dodgy to me.

Yes it does seem like they appear in the center of the sky. It's also strange that they would be on the exact same path as the UFO.

The reason for that is because all fighterplanes have "Target Tracking Radars"
onboard and the UFO was locked into it.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Real or not, that was really cool to watch. I have seen our military jets actually try to pursue a UFO like that (albeit at a MUCH higher altitude) so that video gave me goosebumps.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Very likely faked using off the shelf apps. Quite honestly we have no idea where it came from, what time, or if it was even a weather remote cam.

The shapes could very easily be composited as theyre nothing but silouettes, seemingly consistent with the stationary objects.

I might add the frame rate ghosting only relates to the presumed UO due to it's speed going thru the frame. The jets are notably slower, and therefore are less like to skip frame.

I would contend that both the jets and disc are composited.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211
I'm inclined to believe it's a forgery. Just seems convenient how a camera is perfectly placed to catch a speeding UFO and two pursuing fighter jets. The jets to me look like the outline of a F/A-22 fighter.

Otherwise cool heh

That's the thing about it. Asuming the camera is always there for weather video. I would freak if I was in charge of that camera and was looking at the video and all of a sudden there goes a flying disk by and then two migs or whatever they might be. I'd like to see the whole video and don't care if it's an eight hour recording or more. If this is a hoax then people are getting better and better at doing this. Looks like they're having fun chasing a ufo around. I'd like to do that.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Thats for all the responses so far all, it is good to see a healthy debate going on.

After reading all the posts so far, i'm slightly swaying towards a hoax on it, simply because there has been more evidence put forward for that than otherwise, but i'm not convinced yet.

If you want to download the clip for yourself it is quite easy. If you are using Firefox, go to Tools, Extensions and download the extension that allows the downloading of embedded video clips or flash clips.

If you are using Internet Explorer... ... get Firefox.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO

The reason for that is because all fighterplanes have "Target Tracking Radars"
onboard and the UFO was locked into it.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

Targeting systems can lock on, but not radars. Nowadays, jets can use their onboard GPS enabled computer to fly a pre-determined flight plan. That way they can stay on a tight course. However, it would be useless if engaging another craft. So, the flight path seen in this video is determined by the pilots. As for the authenticity of this video, jury is stillout on this one. Greetings from LAFB,TX!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
When I saw this vid, it reminded me of the hoax clip where this lady was in a helicopter flying next to the N.Y.C. World Trade center and then suddenly a saucer UFO emerged from behind them and zipped away, followed 5 seconds later by an Air Force fighter jet. That one looked real and so does the clip that started this thread. Shows you how easy it is to fool everyday people with editing technology. -cwm

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I herd the UFO got a ticket for doing Mach 12 in a Mach 9 zone.

By the time royal mail are able to deliver the NIP the interest and fines are gonna be astronomical
and he was using some sort of mobile communication device at the steering thingy! tut tut.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why is it supposed to be accelerated, it looks like a normal speed video to me.

The movement of the plants looks smooth, without any jumps between positions.

One thing I noticed is that the sky between then planes has many more compression artefacts than the rest of the video.

For what we can see it could be real, but is probably fake.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
IMHO - this is likley a fake , created by adding a UFO to a mundane clip of passing aircraft

of course i fully expect UFO belivers to dismiss the " ghost " by claiming that it is a side effect of " ufo warp drive technology " or some such

thats my take on it - YMMV

[edit on 1-3-2007 by ignorant_ape]

BINGO - there are a lot of things wrong with this video, but the ghosting is the most obvious sign of a fake. This video will turn out to be faked/hoaxed. Fun to watch anyways though...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Fake or not, this video is pretty sweet.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
IMHO - this is likley a fake , created by adding a UFO to a mundane clip of passing aircraft

of course i fully expect UFO belivers to dismiss the " ghost " by claiming that it is a side effect of " ufo warp drive technology " or some such

thats my take on it - YMMV

[edit on 1-3-2007 by ignorant_ape]

BINGO - there are a lot of things wrong with this video, but the ghosting is the most obvious sign of a fake. This video will turn out to be faked/hoaxed. Fun to watch anyways though...

An awful lot of dark things in the air these days.

Now thats a jet, I thought it was a oval blob being chased by two
triangle blobs.

Two image in one frame to make it go faster.

So hoaky.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah, I was going to say that it is after all, a very convenient shot. But I was not going to say it was a hoax...or real for that matter.
I'm not totally sure.
One of you said that the jets were too low to the ground, but if the ufo was low to the ground, then wouldn't the jets have to follow suit? (I'm asking because I don't know the answer)

And I was wondering this;
are there any professional video experts here on ATS (and no, I don't mean any of the hobby video experts, I mean someone with actual credentials who has had serious training in this field...um no offense to you hobbyists out there) that can examine the footage and determine if it was manipulated or otherwise tampered with?
[jeepers, that was a long question...]

But then again, no matter how much proof we are provided with, there will always be those who cry "hoax", so again, I'm not taking either side.
Consider me just another curious monkey.

-WK

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone

I have one major problem with this, they are too LOW, the angle of attack is all wrong, if they were "chasing" that Object they wouldn't be so low to the ground.

Unless the object they are pursuing is also low to the ground. I understand what you are saying but it only makes sense to go low if you are chasing something that low.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by kleverone]

true, if you are going to SHOOT IT DOWN, but to just get a visual or find out what it is you wouldn't

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

true, if you are going to SHOOT IT DOWN, but to just get a visual or find out what it is you wouldn't

But would if they were trying to shoot it down? This would also explain how they would be able to lock its trail. Because the object was targeted.
Possible

Great post by the way to the OP

`````````````````````
Trimmed triple nested quote

[edit on 1/3/07 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by wu kung
Yeah, I was going to say that it is after all, a very convenient shot. But I was not going to say it was a hoax...or real for that matter.
I'm not totally sure.
One of you said that the jets were too low to the ground, but if the ufo was low to the ground, then wouldn't the jets have to follow suit? (I'm asking because I don't know the answer)

And I was wondering this;
are there any professional video experts here on ATS (and no, I don't mean any of the hobby video experts, I mean someone with actual credentials who has had serious training in this field...um no offense to you hobbyists out there) that can examine the footage and determine if it was manipulated or otherwise tampered with?
[jeepers, that was a long question...]

But then again, no matter how much proof we are provided with, there will always be those who cry "hoax", so again, I'm not taking either side.
Consider me just another curious monkey.

-WK

Jritzmann is the man for checking out the video. I hope I'm right on that? Were the clouds moving on that video? I really didn't notice that , but will look again after this post. And if the video was spead up then wouldn't the clouds move faster?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join