It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glowing red eyes in the dark...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:03 AM
link   
My mom told me of an experience she had over thirty years ago while babysitting one of her cousins. I'd like to see what you think of it.

As a teenager, my mom regularly babysat her cousin, and would sleep overnight at this cousins house. (If I recall right, her aunt was a night shift nurse and single parent, or something like that) Anyhow, one night, my mom suddenly awoke. She thought she heard someone in the house, and was going to get up and look, when she saw someone in the room with her.

She said the person looked like a shadow, and had glowing red eyes. She was quite startled, and just stared. She said that they stared at each other for quite some time, maybe a few minutes, and then he walked out of the room. The shadow didn't do anything else during that time, just stare back at my mom. She mentioned the being a couple of times as 'he', although she didn't seem to realize she had given it a gender. Maybe that was just a default pronoun, or maybe it looked masculine, I don't know.

My mom swears that she was awake, and that it couldn't possibly have been a dream, but doesn't know how to explain it.

I don't know about anyone who lived in the house, but my mom was not involved in any kind of occult or similar practices. Some of her relatives on that side of the family are pretty weird, but I don't think they would have been, either, but I can't swear to that 100%.

I've read a bit about these so-called 'shadow people', and her story made me think of them. The story is similar to one of a work colleagues, who also reported seeing a 'shadow person' at work, although she saw it from behind, so she didn't see its eyes. I'm curious what people think of this, since I'm not well-versed in the paranormal stuff.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I read your post and remembered a story my dad told me that happened when he was 8 or 9 years old. He was staying in his room getting ready for bed and he looked up then saw a black figure with piercing red eyes. He put his head under the blankets and waited. When he looked again it was still there. He told me he put his head under the blankets and stayed there till he fell asleep. I've been researching shadow people as well because his story intrigued me and quite frankly scared the hell outta me(I was 12 when he first told me). I thought it was just a clever ghost story at first but it was corroborated by his mother and father. Very strange indeed. I have never seen a shadow person but I'm really curious about the red eyes thing as well. I'm getting chills just recounting my dad's story. His descriptive words draw a pretty scary picture.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by ShAuNmAn-X]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:56 AM
link   
ummm....ya, I saw them once when I was a kid. rolled over in my bed and there they were not really that far away from me, I could have reached out and touch it....whatever it was. I've also seen them outside peering into the windows, but that one might possibly be explained by car lights or something.

I jumped out of my bedroom and ran screaming into my mom's who quickly wrote it off as a dream, but I still say I was awake.

the thing was much shorter than me. maybe around 4 ft or so.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it was a shawdow person I saw, but when I was about seven I got up to turn all the lights on in my flat (I had a bit of a thing about the dark...) and I walked into the living room (didn't help we lived across from a very old graveyard) and stood infront of the window was the silouette of a man, I said hello...? and thought about going to turn on the light to see who it was but then I lost my nerve thinking it might be a vampire(wayyy too many horror kids of a kid
) and ran back and hid in my room. I was definatly not asleep because I'd been watching Adam and Joe 5 minutes earlier (a program that used to be show on channel 4 at 11ish (i think, long time ago))

I lived in a Pub that had loads of weird occurences, just thought you might be intrested in this one though ^^

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
could have been a gray alien. not so paranormal but idk.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i have a similar story.....

it was about 16 years ago, and i was visiting my great grandfathers for thanksgiving. i had arrived the evening before thanksgiving, and we were going to stay the night. it was my 2 great aunts, my cousin, and my sister. it was nighttime when we finally pulled up to the house. everything was normal up untill we were going to bed. all us kids had chosen to sleep in the living room in our sleeping bags so the adults could have the beds. i remember waking up in the middle of the night, and i saw a large shadow figure with piercing red eyes by the kitchen. it was looking over at us kids. at the time i was the only one awake. it was very terrifying to look at. i woke up my sister and cousin so they could see it too. they both saw it and we all very afraid. nobobody wanted to move because it was so close to us. i fnally told them that i was going to crawl into one of the bedrooms and wake up one of the adults. i watched the shadow as i slowly crept to the bedroom. i seemed to just continue to stare the whole time. after some time i was in the room and i started yelling at one of my aunts to wake up. no matter how loud i was they continued to sleep. it was very hectic. since they wouldnt wake up i crept back into the living room and sure enough it was still there. i crawled back to my sleeping bag and hide under the covers. all 3 of us just kept covered up and finally i fell asleep. i woke up again a few hours later and it was gone. ive been back there many times and i have never seen anything like that.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I was only 14, living alone in a farmhouse loft way out in the boonies in Vermont.
October was so cold I could have died just breathing the air out from under my down quilt - but - it was Halloween and I just had to watch Amityville Horror for the first time.
(Isn’t that just the coolest to do at 14, right!)!
So - I sat on the floor downstairs in the cold watching a television smaller than a breadbox and had Jesus scared right back into me.
The movie gave me the willies, I admit it.
But no biggy!
I was a grown woman in my own flat (kind of) and I wasn’t scared, no-sir-ee-bob I wasn’t.
Climbing up the stairs to the loft, the stairs creaking, not a prob.
Walk across the room to turn off the light, not a prob.
Climb into bed next to the window, snuggle down under the quilt, not a prob.
Wait, we have a problem.
The Window.
Jody.
Uh oh.
So, just like the chicklette in the horror movie that just has to open the door when she knows the monster’s on the other side?
I had to turn over and look out the window.
One...Two...Three...
Look.
HOLY MARY MOTHER A GOD - RED GLOWING EYES!
I screamed louder than Fay Wray in King Kong, launched myself across the room and hit the lights without my feet touching floor, grabbed my pistol, and nearly wet the quilt.
I sat shaking on the floor under the light switch until I could calm down and think rationally.
There was no piggy-Jody-demon outside the window.
There just couldn’t be.
And if there was, I’d just shoot it, right?
So, I had to look again...
And there were the eyes - still there! Even in the light!!!
Then I got it.
Double pained windows and a red glow-in-the-dark light switch.
hehehe
Was my best Halloween to date.

*P*E*A*C*E*

top topics

join