It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Map Genome of Bacteria Killing U.S. Troops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Scientists Map Genome of Bacteria Killing U.S. Troops

Source Link: health.msn.com

Yale University scientists have sequenced the genome of a bacterium called A. baumannii that's causing serious drug-resistant infections in U.S. troops in Iraq. The research may help scientists develop new ways to treat infections caused by this bacterium.

A. baumannii, which is found in soil and water and on the skin of health care workers, can cause pneumonia, meningitis, sepsis and urinary tract infections. Hospital-acquired infections caused by A. baumannii have been associated with death rates as high as 75 percent.

Recently, drug resistant A. baumannii caused an outbreak of bloodstream infections that affected more than 240 U.S. troops in Iraq.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov
meeting.chestjournal.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
To Acinetobacter Baumannii, War is Anything But Hell...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Here's any interesting blurb, Sofi. All DOD medical facilities are clamming up on info being given to the press:

Walter Reed patients told to keep quiet

The Pentagon also clamped down on media coverage of any and all Defense Department medical facilities, to include suspending planned projects by CNN and the Discovery Channel, saying in an e-mail to spokespeople: “It will be in most cases not appropriate to engage the media while this review takes place,” referring to an investigation of the problems at Walter Reed.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Here's any interesting blurb, Sofi. All DOD medical facilities are clamming up on info being given to the press:

Walter Reed patients told to keep quiet

The Pentagon also clamped down on media coverage of any and all Defense Department medical facilities, to include suspending planned projects by CNN and the Discovery Channel, ...

Great catch psyopswatcher.

Be interesting to see what info is finally released...

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Call me cynical but it it my understanding that they are actually TESTING these drugs on the military. I don't believe that the company has any noble intentions here at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
Call me cynical but it it my understanding that they are actually TESTING these drugs on the military.

I sure wouldn't be surprised, they have a long history of testing stuff on soldiers, and even the public.

new topics

top topics

join