It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heflin UFO a Model Train Wheel? - You Decide - Animated GIF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was browsing through the UFO Updates List and there was a debate going on about comparing the UFO photographed by Rex Heflin in 1967 with that of a model train wheel. It seems there was some disagreement as to whether or not the dimensions matched up. So I moseyed over to my local model train store and picked up what I thought might be a good match - an "O" Gauge wheel from a set of 3-rail Andrews Trucks - Item #6033 - manufactured by the Atlas O, LLC company (www.atlaso.com) - and took a few happy snaps so I could compare the two.

Then I used my crazy skillz with Photoshop ImageReady to match them up in a nice little animated GIF. I adjusted the brightness and contrast and applied a film grain filter to match them up better. No stretching or shrinking the relative proportions, though, cause that would be cheating!

Given the resolution limitations of the original Heflin photo and scan (I used the best I could find), as well as little differences in lighting, focus and tilt angle, what do you think? You be the judge!

[edit on 28-2-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Damn, that looks pretty good to me. After seeing that I would have to say it's a model train wheel. Aside from variables such as lighting conditions they look exactly the same. Good job bud. I think I'll kick a WATS your way for this one

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I always thought the original photo looked more like a lady's hat from that era. It has the groove around the circumference and a slightly rounded top. I guess every presumed UFO could look like something on the planet that's man made if we search long enough through the billions of items invented.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I always thought the original photo looked more like a lady's hat from that era. It has the groove around the circumference and a slightly rounded top. I guess every presumed UFO could look like something on the planet that's man made if we search long enough through the billions of items invented.

I guess the discussion came about because Heflin was apparently a bit of a model train buff, which creates a kind of implication and circumstantial evidence. I was just more interested in seeing if the dimensions were anywhere near the same. It doesn't "prove" anything. That's the old skeptic's logical flaw. Just because it could have been a model train wheel, doesn't necessarily mean it absolutely was a model train wheel.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
Just because it could have been a model train wheel, doesn't necessarily mean it absolutely was a model train wheel.

I'm a UFO believer myself but the evidence (however circumstantial) seems to point toward a hoax. The resemblance between the two photos is too uncanny in my opinion for it to be mere coincidence.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I don't know anything about the case, but there's really a big difference between the two photo's. It doesn't seem to be a model train wheel.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
There is a possibility that aliens actually design their discs like model train wheels.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
There is a possibility that aliens actually design their discs like model train wheels.

LMAO!

That line is a keeper. Do you mind if I use that quote someday in my signature?

It does appear to me to be a very close match as well. Good catch, SV.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Of course you can use it in your sig, haha. I dont copyright what I say. Unless its important. Which it never is

new topics

top topics

join