It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whos interested in starting a cable channel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Im always looking for ufo shows on tv, and id guess that you all are too, why not start our own? hell I know id like a career change! If their can be a cable channel for vidoe games, and gay/lesbian lifestyle why not ufos? sure hist channel has a 1 hr show here and their, but why not 24/7? Not enough interest? I doubt that!

Simon grey wanna partner up??

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
are you the ted dibiase or something? lol i would love to have an above top secret radio show that could definetely be doable also

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I agree with you big time.. I heard someone say on sci fi channel, a documentary on ufo's and paranormal activities.. That if the media pointed all of their attention on the truth about ET and ufo (spacecrafts) that we would have answers in months.. If the world wanted to know the truth bad enough, i'm sure we would have those answers.. I'm not sure baout months..
.. But I do believe we would recieve them eventually. I agree with you totally man.. If there can be shows about fishing, jogging, video games, we too should have a channel which enlightens us all to the truth.. We need not give up, otherwise we will have been supressed by our own governemnts.. Which is the exact thing that I hate the most, supression in general.. GoodLuck with what your aiming for man.. You have my support!

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I am an editor on a show right now..a pilot...kinda a reality show/x-files/CSI. We are covering the southhaven crash for the pilot. For A&E channel....

I think you could justify a Paranormal Channel. its a bit wider than ufos but thats good. more mass appeal.

Whats the plan, how do we do it???

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well, the Sci-Fi Channel may have cornered the market on Paranormal Stuff.

But The Above Top Secret Channel?

That would be awesome.

Then, maybe, if the forum eventually allows us to upload video podcasts, they could be put on NATIONAL television.

If we do, try to contact Bright House Networks and Verizon. There are a lot of people where I live with the same CSP (cable service provider) and they would DEFINITELY watch it.

A radio show would be awesome, too. Call in, air some podcasts, etc, etc.

THR

[edit on 3/1/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A television channel dedicated to conspiracy would surely raise the level of paranoia in plenty of people.

Good business for psychiatrists.

Sure I would like to see more shows about UFO's... but you need a broader range of material.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
How about C-TV: Conspiracy Televsion. It could cover all sorts of subjects, from EBE's to paranormal studies, and delve a little into th occult as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Right. Just a program about UFO's would be majorly boring.

We could do:

Aliens & UFO's
Area 51
9/11 Conspiracy

NO SITCOMS. EVER.

Make it alot like the History Channel. But Stranger.

THR

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
NO SITCOMS. EVER.

THR

Aw, c'mon!!!! not even ALF or My Favorite Martian?!!!

j/k

Great idea though. Shows like Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi have garnered some credibility to their field since they seem to be pretty scientific, use good equipment, and don't jump to conclusions,....... oh yeah they also don't have a goofy "medium" with them like that Brit ghost hunter show
, AND they've actually recorded some good (if inconclusive) footage.

Raising awareness about the serious side of this research and helping shake the giggle-factor would be GREAT!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I agree that a channel about paranormal stuff in general would have wider appeal. Basically Sci-Fi Channel and the Space Channel, without all the star trek and stargate. Only "non-fiction" and documentaries.

I have no idea how to go about starting up a TV station or what it takes moneywise, but I would probably be interested if I was fairly confident I would make a lot of money off of it

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
How would you broadcast?

What licencing requirements need to be paid for & met?

What's your business model?
-Community (NFP)
-Advertising & Sponsorship
-Subscription
-Pay per view
-Govt grants (lol)

The costs of running a channel would be pretty hefty i imagine...
There are studio in a box solutions such as Video Toast which are relatively cheap to setup & run, but you still need qualified staff, talent, infrastructure.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Come on.

We've got at over 500 people here at one time. Donations could help run the channel.

But, you would have to subscribe to it. It wouldn't be a free channel.

THR

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
thats an awesome idea redseal, i would without a question subscribe to it, but in complete reality it is a pretty hard project to complete wut with all the technical stuff, cast, shows, etc etc.

but hey if we ever get really serious about it then im sure that many members of ats including me would help donate.

cheers

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRanchMan
Come on.

We've got at over 500 people here at one time. Donations could help run the channel.

THR

You meant 5,000 poeple on here at one time.

Rest assured the Overlord and I have been working on several fronts to get an ATS Channel on the air in more thn one medium.

Not to mention I am flying up to Chicago next week to be on a Discovery Channel Documentary about the O'Hare UFO incident. Based on how well that goes there could be several more documentaries lined up.

We are working very hard at getting an ATS Radio show/channel going and have some promising developments that I can't divulge yet (contracts and N.D.A.s)...

Stay tuned.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
To make a real "TV channel" to have about UFOs 24/7 you'd have to have a ton of money. I mean you'd have to go to the Clear Channel company with millions of dollars or something. I don't know exactly but it's not as easy as you might think. I've always thought there should be a UFO channel. There's enough material to at least have a week or two worth of material that never re-runs and just switch the orders of the shows around each week or something like that.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

You meant 5,000 poeple on here at one time.

Springer...

Yes, actually.

Typo.

THR

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I agree that there should be a TV Channel (Mystery Channel) that covers every subject that is on this website, not just UFOs. If it comes off, please let SKYTV use the channel, so we in Europe can then see it.

Good luck with the project.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Don't know how many of you have listened to Live365, those iTunes-accessible streaming audio channels for all sorts of amateur programming, but there was a 24/7 all-UFO show on there (may still be, for all I know) sponsored by a commercial UFO website whose name I don't recall.

When I first heard it, I thought it was incredible — they were playing some really lengthy and in-depth 1950s and 1960s UFO interviews with Ivan Sanderson, for instance, as well as narratives by George Van Tassel and other such far-out personalities. Really damned interesting stuff, and I listened non-stop for the full cycle — which only turned out to be about 13 hours of stuff, and then they'd replay it all over again.

Don't get me wrong, 13 hours is a lot of UFO-related material to digest in one sitting, but it just doesn't make good 24-hour programming.

I think you could come up with some decent programming by splitting it into several areas of interest — say, UFO material followed by Ghost/Paranormal material followed by Earthly Phenomena. You could come in with Charles Fort segments, William Corliss segments, interview specials with the really whacked-out UFO organizations out there, maybe some occult exposés, semi-weekly updates from MUFON and the like. Of course, you must have a Paranormal Primer show at least once-a-week, which would bring new viewers up-to-speed with UFO and paranormal terminology. And, without a doubt, you'd want to include at least an hour for daily UFO and paranormal NEWS.

And no Skeptical Enquirer spokesmen allowed, except for an hour or so of comic relief each week.

Didn't somebody prominent try to start an all-UFO & Paranormal television network once? Yeah, it was José Escamilla, the "discoverer" of the "Rods" phenomenon (that eventually turned out to be bogus). When he was still hot property, José was very seriously talking about cranking up such a cable channel and doing it up right. Even though he's kind of in debunked mode now, he might have some useful advice for starting a cable channel, since he was exploring the necessary preparations just before his popularity hit the skids.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 3/4/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
well it couldnt be 24/7 i know that, we could run the abdomizer 2000 infomercials and such like most cable channels do from midnight to 6am.

And all ufos all the time was a bad idea, sorry bout that, the other stuff like paranormal would be a really good idea, more broader audience.

oh ya, and since this is my thread I get to be CEO!

top topics

join