It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe God has a big ego...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Ok, let's just say there is a God (because I believe there is so just play along.) You think that there's something God's not telling us

Well, there's obviously things that God isn't telling us but maybe it's because he has way to big of an ego. Maybe there's actually more then one God but the Christian version refuses to tell us this.

I guess my main question is that is God not telling us things because we can't understand them anyway (like creation and destruction and such) or because he's an ego-maniac?

Did that make any sense?

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It would make sense if God was human...but he is not. He is an all-poweful being, and the stories written about him are the words of man....not his own.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
God has never told me anything. Has he really spoken to you? And, if so, what does his voice sound like? Do you hear it in your head, or does it seem to come from outside of your head? Seriously...I'm not being facetious.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
www.jovialatheist.com...

That link answers your questions about what God's voice sounds like, and it's 100% true. How do I know? It talks all about revelation from God and what it really means - atheists, religious, agnostics, satanists, everyone who reads that page will see it as 100% true, no exceptions.

[Edited on 30-12-2003 by lilblam]

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
That's very true. But what about those who claim to hear god in their own minds? That's what I'm interested in. People who accept the word of others that god has spoken to them are fools, IMO. I want to know about those who have supposed one on one conversations with god, themselves. I can't even count how many people have told me they have, so obviously it must be quite common, right? If so, why are there no detailed descriptions to compare? I know, if god (or anyone, for that matter) spoke to me, I could describe it in complete detail.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No offense man but your logic doesn't hold water.

God or the force that we call god created souls that could be set free. These souls were created to be equal in many ways with the intent of their returning to the centre of creation and becoming one with god. How much ego is in that?

If you refer to the idea that mankind is ignorant about what is going on in the universe then it may appear to be ego until you understand some basic points about the whole game' so to speak.

First the purpose of splitting off from God is so that you can learn period.

Two are you and all the whiners that cry about the injustice really open minded and willing to learn and do you open your hearts?

Lastly do you not see the real CONSPIRACY that envelopes all conspiracy in the world since the beginning of time? The conspiracy of dark against light for control of your soul for control over creation? If you see it feel it and realize it then you will know why there is ignorance otherwise you will be ignorant until you do.

A king would be a fool to lend his words to your ear if you were not loyal to him.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
God has low self esteem...

First She gets a bunch of dogs to keep her company. (Angels) And they're fine, but kind of annoying with the unyielding devotion.

So She gets cats. (People) Lots and lots of cats, which have free will, are kind of snooty and you have to earn their love. Which is fine...but what's She going to do with all the dogs?

The dogs hate the cats. One tricky pit bull runs away and keeps trying to sneak up on the cats.

Fascinating stuff. God is a crazy cat lady.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Some men had a big ego, and made God in their own image to have an excuse for their actions.

God doesn't have an ego or a personality in any human sense. God just is. God doesn't seek vengence on people and God doesn't interfere with our existence. God doesn't have a gender, or is both genders, depending on how you want to see it.

God is in everyone and everything. If you want to know what God has to say, stop listening to your brain, and start listening to your spirit.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

God is a crazy cat lady.

Hehe...I just spilled my drink!
that's funny! (and so true)

A king would be a fool to lend his words to your ear if you were not loyal to him.

Interesting, that's one of the best arguements I've heard. However, a king that is in no danger from you, or from being stripped from power, is no such fool, and could easily afford to lend his words to even a traitor....

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
God has never told me anything. Has he really spoken to you? And, if so, what does his voice sound like? Do you hear it in your head, or does it seem to come from outside of your head? Seriously...I'm not being facetious.

yes and to many of my family members, one vivid memory was when my sister was around nine for i was either four or five, when a statue of the virgin mary in her room moved and talked to her, what she said to my sister is unknown but i was in the other room, and i heard a voice that sounded like my godmothers (who was alive at the time) that said she is fragile and that she needs more love than i may be prepared to give her, at the time i didnt know what it ment but 15yrs have past after what we have been through i now understand it.

second i believe i used to talk to GOD, maybe i did, i like to think so, the voice i heard was that of what i could consider the most soothing voice one could come upon not only did it make me a shy child feel as if everything was lifted but i talked to him as he was my best friend, we talked about everything and when asked he gave me guidence when i didnt know what to do....when i started growing older i kinda started slowly not hearing him whether it was my own ignorance that told me what the hell am i doing or whether i just grew out of it and didnt believe if you understand what im trying to say.....

about two years ago i started talking to him again, and i have notice that he only talks back when i have a pure heart and mind, and no he doesnt talk to me in a prophet way and no he doesnt answer my questions about things i wish he would, but he does offer me a companion ship i have missed since i was a little lad.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
As Jezebel said some men made god in their image, I think thats so true.

We made God in our Image.

If we were made in his, would we not be Gods ourselves.

Arrogant to think that I say.

PS: I am not sure what "God" is still, I havent made up my mind, I don't think I will ever know... not in this life anyways.

I know there is something greater out there, and here, within everything, and everyone.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have not read all the replies but still wish to throw in my 2 cents..hope that's kosher here anyway.

I think man has the ego problem if he thinks for one second he can even begin to know how Gods mind tics.
Whatever it is we are suppose to know or meant to know can be found in the bible or given to us by God in some miraculous fashion.

I admit to trying too hard at times to understand God.. this causes a great deal of strain on the brain.

[Edited on 1/6/04 by magestica]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Of course God has an ego...

"Thou shall not worship false idols"....

'nuff said...according to each creed, only those of that creed are welcome in heaven....whether Christianity, Islam, etc., etc.....

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Of course God has an ego...

"Thou shall not worship false idols"....

'nuff said...according to each creed, only those of that creed are welcome in heaven....whether Christianity, Islam, etc., etc.....

What then do you consider are false idols? I'm guessing He is the One God and therefore doesn't want His children led astray by worshipping something that is nothing or something that man placed before God or or or...something the old deceptive one Lucifer has placed in our world to confuse us and distract us from God.

Not ego in my opinion..just love for us.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
God cant help you if you cant help yourself. With that said, it is much harder to hear Him when my mind is not pure. And also, I had my doubts, if Jesus was really the Messiah sent down by God, I was seriously doubting, I had so many questions, so I asked God. That same night I went to bed, I usually sleep through the whole night, but anyways, I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt different, I know it doesnt make sense, but its not supposed to, anyways, I was seeing things totally different, everything came together and made perfect sense, and then, I heard a voice in my head, it said something close to this: " Just you being alive proves that Jesus is indeed the Messiah and that I did send him down to save man." I was sastisfied, so I went to bed. When I woke up in the morning I starting to read the Bible, and I came across something that said the same exact thing that God had told me the night before. So whatever you want to call it, I dont care, I believe in Jesus Christ as our Messiah sent down by God to save mankind. And God confirmed that for me, he eased my worries. If you seek the truth, with an honest and open heart, you will find it. It tells us in the Bible to come before God as humble, much like little children would do. I cant speak for everyone, and I honestly mean this: Don't take my word for it! If you are THAT curious, then ask God with an honest and open heart, much like a humble child. Give an honest attempt, try to understand His teachings. Read the Bible, if you have good intentions, everything will fall into place.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I guess my intentions are "bad", since the bible seems to be a book of inconsistencies and evil to me?

I don't see the truth as you define it. I don't seek *your* truth. I seek my truth. I have found it. I am happy with my truth. You are happy with yours. Have a nice day.

top topics

join