It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hear a voice? If so, what does it want?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I know this is vague question.

I know it may sound like an odd question for many.

Actually, perhaps 2 questions ....

1) If you have a voice, what is it your voice wants?

2) ***(you need not answer if you so choose)*** If the voice you have has a name, what is it's name? ***(you need not answer if you so choose)***

I humbly respect any and all responses, and i thank you for your time if you so choose to respond.

I don't think there is a wrong answer to this question, and i thank you in advance for any contribution offered.

Thanks,
E.T.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If I simply heard a voice in my head, I would probably shrug it off as my imagination. Just as sometimes I would recall a song I had remembered from long ago, it would pop up in my memory from time to time.

However, if that voice were to ask me a question, or display any type of intent, i.e., that it "wants" something, I would seriously consider getting professional help.

Just my 2 cents, as I don't really believe in "paranormal" experiences.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Thanks Mechanic 32 for sharing.

I like the Avatar! Funny stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
"money money money money...... MONEYYY!!!!!!!!"

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
It wants me to evolve and to get know my self, who I really am, how I stand against things, it teaches me and gives me guidance.

I don't know how foolish I am or may look, it's just what I experience.

It is full of forgiveness, it understands me..

makes me grow a lot lately

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I think it is very important here to firstly attempt to distinguish where the voice comes from, which is difficult to do as it is a very subjective experience and therefore based on your own belief structure. Also to be aware that any separate entity or even an internal one such as your soul would only pass on information that is leading you to do positive things, but the most important thing is to make sure you are in control of the "voice", that is you dictate when and how you communicate, and it does not just jump into your head without looking for this guidance. It also should not make you take courses of actions that are not in your and others interests, it makes you do nothing that you would do anyhow without the "voice"

If thee awareness’s and controls are in place and you manage to contact such guidance Its all good, but make sure the boundaries are in place first and that it truly is guidance and not a form of any hallucinations or split personality.

Of interest I did a story on ATS a while ago where new research ahs shown it is not that uncommon as thought to hear voices:

ATS THREAD Hearing Voices Is Normal

Also now it is possible for countries to "place thoughts and words" into our awareness this technology has been around for many years and started though on a subliminal level (no words just ways of feeling, i.e. happy ,sad, frustrated, criminal etc) with the "WoodPecker" e.l.f (exteremelyLowFrequency) experiments in the 70's and 80's

So hopefully this puts it in perspective and helps people understand their experiences more.

Regards

Elf

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
If you hear voices on a regular basis, especially if they are malevolent (tell you to hurt yourself or others), you should probably get it checked out by a professional, as it's one of the most common signs of Schizophrenia. That pretty much goes without saying for any kind of hallucination. Whether it's visual, auditory, or otherwise.

I've only heard a voice once for a brief second. I was laying down on my bed resting for a few minutes before supper was ready, and I heard the voice of a woman say in a soft voice "Love has been given to you." Surprisingly I wasn't scared... it calmed me even more than I was, actually. I describe it as 'hearing an angel'. I still have no idea what it means, and I've never heard anything like it before or since.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Yarcofin]

8th

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I've once heard voices during a sleep paralysis experience. I can honestly say it was one of the most frightening things thats happened to me. In description, it sounded like a TV was on in the backround. Almost like a room full of people talking all at once. Then there was one that stood out. A very deep voice, that was not understandable. Even the backround 'chatter' was indecipherable.

On a few occasions I've also woken up in the middle of the night to a voice. Once was a womans scream that sounded as if it was right next to me. And the other were a mans voice that I couldn't understand. It would wake me up, and echo off but I wouldn't be able to catch what was being said. In all of the experiences the voice would echo off. My house has had several people die in it in the past, and one happened in the room I stay in, so I figure it has something to do with that.

Sorry if this wasn't what you were looking for. I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
when the 'voice' utters stuff,
it behaves in a manner that i've heard a Guardian Angel does...like 'alerts' of dangerous or compromising situations or people,

also this internal presence does not just always talk
sometimes the 'voice' becomes a hard to recognize melody that sounds like a dozens of windchimes...a cascade of 'music' in a sense.

the thing is, over the years, i've become accoustomed to having TVs or
radio stations turned on all day & since 1990 i have talk radio stations
on all night. Perhaps to block out the stuff 'Voice' is saying...

I choose when i decide to click off the distracting yakking from the news
and do my meditation sessions, & intentionally listen to that disembodied 'voice'...it doesn't matter to me If the content i missed was important or imperative,
i just attune my attention for that present moment, when i'm in the mood
to listen....
BTW, that newer TV show "Dirt" has the photographer guy with the
schizophrenic voices & visual hallucinations...
well, that's closer than any other representations of my own world experience
that i can recall at the moment, (presented in a mass media venue. ..not in print form)

that's my contribution to the landscape around here

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i guess u could say i hear voices... i think incredibly fast, sometimes so fast that i argue with myself( a lot of the time) and to be honost i end up thinking out loud, i dont know if this constitutes as talking to myself, but i would think asking urself a queston outloud, and then maybe answering it out loud, would be considered talking to urself; however i am always in control of MY VOICE,. for the most part they come so fast that sometimes i feel like they dont come from me but they do; however there was a time in my life where i started hearing little things here and there that i wasnt in control of, ive heared small whisperes and other noises i dont care to rememeber.

however i do believe ive seen, heard, and senced things that i would not considered to be natural........

sometimes it might not have been my mind, maybe somthing else

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   
i guess i would say that the vioces are mine.... lol all of them (same voice but they do cut each other off

they mean to educate

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I simply assumed that the OP was talking about our conscience or our internal dialogue, not an actual voice. Anyway...

I have an internal dialogue that is often in the form of song. I have songs in my head much of the time and often it seems that my subconcious picks lyrics that have something to say about my present situation.

I know from an experiment in which I took part (well over a decade ago) that I know the lyrics to well over five thousand songs. (A lot of people do apparently.)

I never know what song is going to pop up in my head. It could be anything from the Beatles to Korn.

The song starts quietly at first, behind other thoughts - then it slowly comes to the front growing louder and more insistant until I finally realize why it is in my head. Sometimes it points out something that I am overlooking and once I realize what it is that is being pointed out, the song stops.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I turn the light in my vanity closet on every night.

it lightens my bedroom and vanity room. The door to my bathroom stays closed at all times. I also keep the door closed to the closet but always turn the light on in there to give me some kind of a secure feeling.

I turn the ceiling fan on for noise and also bought a radio that has soothing backgrounds to help me sleep.

To No Avail. The noise is there and the lights but still cannot get the noises out of my head.

When I lay down to sleep... I dont hear any voices from nothing because I am tired from working all day normally.
I lay in my bed for about 15 minutes or so then I get the urge to either cover up my husband or roll over and then I do this and get to a very comfortable position and this is where I start have night sounds I call them.

My husband just got me a Christmas gift of a goose down comforter. I am extremely protective of this comforter and I wake up at night making sure it is not going to have any accidents from me or him on it. I know sounds strange.

But since getting this gift, I am overwhelmed by noises.
Noises in my mind. My husband says these are called leftovers from the day, I had I say he is not right.
I sleep anywhere from 2 to 3 hours a night. I work 40 + hours a week inside my own company.
I hear taps and drops on my roof. Like acorns or pine cones hitting my roof.
I hear LOUD lightning strikes and I often dream I am falling from a cliff which is like in the clouds. I know sounds silly. But just my experience.

new topics

top topics

join