It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush is Funding al-Qaeda

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Bush is Funding al-Qaeda

Source Link: www.smirkingchimp.com

It was always clear that the $21 billion in Iraq reconstruction funds, most of which disappeared into Iraq (much of it was in the form of bales of $100 bills), didn't just vanish.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Now we learn from ace investigative reporter Sy Hersh, speaking on CNN, that Bush and his criminal crew have been using this illicit, stolen cash to fund covert attacks on Iranian targets, and that much of the money has been going--get this--to Sunni jihadists linked to Al-Qaeda--the very people we're fighting in Iraq!

Where is the verifiable proof of this? Does this guy have any documentation of this or is he just blowing off at the mouth?
You see, while I am certainly not an apologist for Bush, when someone makes claims as sensational as this one obviously is, surely that person has proof. Surely.

When I say proof, I don't mean more allegations from other biased sources either. I am talking about tangible, something I can hold in my hand, documentation. I lay you odds he doesn't. I may be wrong but if I were a betting man, I'd bet he doesn't have tangible documentation of what he claims. Any takers?

[edit on 28-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Sy Hersh has an admirable track record and in all reality this would not surprise me one bit, the US has had a long history of sleeping with the devil. Bin Laden was originally on the CIA payroll at one point fighting the Russians in Afghanistan is but one example.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Grover,I cannot deny the fact that U.S does have a bad track record when it comes to choosing "friends." However, I think it's a bit absurd to say that are government is funding the very same people they are presently fighting. It doesn't make sense. Bush may not be a genius, but he's not that much of a dumbass. I don't buy it.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
good story. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, the War on Terror is all a fraud. Al Qaeda were created by the CIA so that they could wage their bogus War on Terror and make billions of dollars in all sorts of contracts in the process and gain a further grip on world power

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
So far this is just a bunch of talk, albeit from a credible, informed source. If the ultimate goal of the invasion of Iraq was war with Iran and ME hegemony, then this info tracks well with what the Bush administration has accomplished so far.

It isn't really that far-fetched, given the track record of Iran-Contra and the personnel involved in this administration.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Bush may not be a genius, but he's not that much of a dumbass.

I wouldn't put money down on that statement if I were you.

The point is they really don't care who they hurt to achieve their goals and if means a few more dead soldiers, oh well, no big deal, thats what soldiers are for.

I think that their track record to date proves that.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
So far this is just a bunch of talk, albeit from a credible, informed source. If the ultimate goal of the invasion of Iraq was war with Iran and ME hegemony, then this info tracks well with what the Bush administration has accomplished so far.

It isn't really that far-fetched, given the track record of Iran-Contra and the personnel involved in this administration.

Where is this guys' proof... This "investigator" is just making accusations. He hasn't presented any proof. Until he shows me some documentation, I don't buy it. Sorry.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This was covered months ago when arms shipments went missing. It is dirty politics in Iraq. The US sent funds, not Bush, and once it is there it is in the hands of warlords and "politicians".

Al-qeada, or the concept of, is real and not a CIA creation no matter how good it sounds to a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
We are all entitled to our opinions. As I said in the post you quoted, this is all talk, there is no documentation. The source is credible, imo. The story fits in what I see as the grand design behind the WOT. Divide and conquer, create chaos, then step into the power vacuum.

To me, it looks like Mr. Hersh is trying to get a Congressional investigation started. If that happens, we may see some documentation, and real fireworks, behind this story.

Until then, it is just an opinion. One I can see as being valid. Again, you are entitled to your pov.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't share the love for Seymour Hersh. He is a sensationalist who doesn't care if the info he leaks hurts the US.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
What about the actions of our executive branch that are hurting the US? Should they go unreported and uninvestigated?

The truth can be very painful, but it needs to be known and acted upon. The truth isn't to blame, either. It is those who subvert it that must be held accountable.

If Mr. Hersh is lying to the public, he should be called to account for it. The same goes for our elected leaders.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Bin Laden was originally on the CIA payroll at one point fighting the Russians in Afghanistan is but one example.

This is only partially true. The CIA funded and trained the mujhadeen (with the help of Israel oddly enough) but Bin Laden and his "freedom fighters" were not initially accepted into the ranks of other fighters as they were deemed inexperienced, untrained and considered by the local mujhadeen to be nothing more than thrill seekers and outsiders. Once it became clear as to who he was, his family etc, he and his band of merry men were accepted.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

If Mr. Hersh is lying to the public, he should be called to account for it. The same goes for our elected leaders.

It should. However, historically it hasn't.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

What about the actions of our executive branch that are hurting the US? Should they go unreported and uninvestigated?

I'm not referring to those circumstances. I'm referring to divulging information about our surveillance methods that help our enemies.

Example: We are taking advantage of the fact that they do not remove the batteries from their cell phones, which allows us to track their movements.

Why would you alert the terrorists to this fact? Seymour thinks he has a duty to do so, however.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
this bush connection was reported by olberman on msnbc, not sure how to link to the video, but if you go www.freepressinternational.com... they have a link to the 2 part vid.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Oh dear, just when i thought...NO...I promised myself i wouldnt get involved in any more rhetoric about this evil.........

Could it be? I wish i was a betting person. I wonder how Las Vegas would handle this bet?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Osama must be laughing all the way to the bank. First we set him up, when we wanted him to attack the Soviets in Afghanistan. Then he turned on us and attacked us.

At that point i stopped reading.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I don't share the love for Seymour Hersh. He is a sensationalist who doesn't care if the info he leaks hurts the US.

I'll remind you that Bush ISN'T the US. Bush is the one everybody hates who's just for a brief moment president because he stole it. After that, he'll go to jail for the rest of his life.

Just because you don't want to admit that this administration is the most criminal one since a long time, that the Bush family is one of the most criminal one in modern history, that their friends are the most criminals people in the world who funded Mao, Lenin/Stalin, Saddam, countless dictators in South America, Middle-east, africa, europe, asia...

This whole bunch of criminals MUST be jailed, THEN EXECUTED. I won't make a list, even if we should, like they did with the Iraqis leaders, but if you look into it a little, it's pretty obvious who's on that list, and it have at least 2000 names, but the main criminals are less than 500. Without them, a lot less criminals activities, dictatorships and wars would happen. And the Bush family is on that list, the list of enemies of humanity. And all of you neo-cons who supports them will go to jail also for complicity in mass murdering and criminals activities.

And if the FBI/NSA/any stupid big brother agency will put me on their list because of that post, then GOOD, they'll know I oppose them from every cells in my body.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well I guess we can throw all that corruption charges against contractors and military personnel.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join