It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EISA Configuration Partition???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hi, I was checking the partitions on my hard drive and I noticed I have 3 partitions. I have a 250 gigabyte SATA drive with two partitions that are equal in size, but there is a third partition listed first which takes up 6.83 gigabytes of space.

I was wondering what this partition is for and if it is ok if I get rid of it? There is absolutely nothing on the EISA partition as it lists it as having 100% free space.

img337.imageshack.us...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This info is from MicroSoft...

support.microsoft.com...

I think it is a MFR Install partition, from what I have read from other sites.

HP and others use this method of Operating System installation.

Do a GOOGLE search for "EISA Partition" for more details.

Or better still, check your computer MFR's website as well.

Also from what I understand, you may not be able to simply just delete it, as it is "protected".

[edit on 2/28/2007 by Mechanic 32]

Edn

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I was going to ask the same thing. If you never god an OS disk its likely to be the recovery partition with your OS install and other files.

If you have another Os disk around (if you ever plan to reinstall) then it should be safe to delete.

the first thing I did when I got my Dell laptop was delete that partition (and the main partition) and install a clean OS.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info. I only received a windows vista upgrade OEM version disk. I have already reinstalled vista with that disk as I was tinkering with a dual boot XP and Vista setup.

Part of what you said is true mechanic. If I want to delete it I have to do so with the recovery option, through the bios, or with some kind of formatting program, and not with vistas disk manager.

I think I'll just leave it be for now, but delete it the next time I wipe my hard drive.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
i just reformatted the hard drive on my Acre laptop. I went from Vista Home Basic to Vista Ultimate, and it would not give me the option to delete the EISA Partition. in fact, it did not even show up until i was back on the desktop after the install. I would like to get the 7.8 Gb that it has taken up, but it will not let me do anything with it. it is a Hitachi Hard drive

thanks ded007420

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

It was designed to not be able to be deleted.

That is your recovery partion.

If you kill it and your system crashes, you will need an OS disk as well as all the drivers/programs you want/need.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

anyone help me.... how can i use this this hidden partion to reboot without a disc .......i put vista back on (wrong version i have premuim and i borrowed a basic disc ...and my key wont work with it as it has to be the same version in order to use my key...

but i still have this mfr partition like you guys shown.........i want my built in vista back without cd is it poss

new topics

top topics

join