It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trudi Canavan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey, has anyone read her books? The most famous is The Black Magician trilogy, but she has one called The Age of the Five, just recently completed. If you're into books about magic and gods, then you should check out her website at www.trudicanavan.com . Click 'Writing', then click 'About my books' and you'll be there.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
yes I've red the black magician series twice now and really like her style . i just ordered the other series and can't wait to get into it. you should check out elizabeth Boyer she writes fantasy from a Nordic mythology. very good stuff.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Thanks for the reference.

I finished reading the Age of the Five a few months ago, and haven't wanted to touch another book since as I loved it so much. I hope you like it too.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
are you interested in her style of fantasy or in female authors , i have been reading fantasy novels for 40 +years. if you liked her story line you could try THE LION OF SENET series, or if your interested in female authors elizabeth Boyer writes fantasy from a Nordic perspective that is significantly different than the European mythos, the ASSISSANS OF TAMURIN while light on magic is never the less a very good read, the ALANNA series is an adventure book about a girl who wants to be a knight, DHAMPIR series is a vampire hunter series and is good and ongoing. other books by male authors that i suggest are: the FIFTH RING is a good book with alternate magic and a good plot. L. E. Modesitt, Jr wrote a whole series on the RECLUSE magic of balance, the book ACROSS THE NIGHTINGGALE FLOOR is a good Japanese fantasy. i hope you enjoy some of these books, i know you can be caught up in a book or series and it can be difficult to leave, but there are other wonder filled worlds in other books that need exploring, i still miss frodo and gandalf i read the LORD OF THE RINGS every year and have read i 38 times now.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by wcssar]

[edit on 9-3-2007 by wcssar]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I like her books because of the style of writing and fantasy, I like the first person point of view of each character, and the storylines are very interesting.

Thank you for the references I'll look them up when I get time.

new topics

top topics

join