It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supersonic VTOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hello, I'm looking for some information on a (british?) supersonic VTOL (passenger jet?) project. Anyone any ideas about what this concept at the bottom left page is and by who?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For the record the link you gave posts 3 aircraft, 2 of which simply will not fly supersonic. In fact I think that the Lunar and Boeing models will have trouble with the basic "flying" principle. To be honest it appears that the only project investigating supersonic civilian transport would be the one between Japan and the United States (there was a thread about this not too long ago, I'll dig it up at some point), but as far as British supersonic jets I can't say that any of the concepts below would be feasible let alone developed.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Luna Gemini was a low cost alternative to the Apollo moon program, defiantly not an aircraft.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I made it clear I only want information on the bottom left one.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
A quick search turned up only very little useful information:

Hypersonic VTOL by Chris Gibson
This 1957 British design was of HIGHLY unconventional configuration featuring a ramjet-powered variable geometry craft capable of transporting passenger at up to Mach 5.

Link

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I'm hardly an expert on planes, but I think the F-35 JSF is the only plane that has proven VTOL & supersonic flight.

new topics

top topics

join