It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien physiology..What can we deduct from pictures?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
Greys

1. That their bodies weren't ment for fighting.
- They are way to frail to mix it up with many species of animals on our planet, let alone other planets

2. Their Cranium is Huge. So They must be thinkers

The Reptiles

1. Their bodies were designed for a little of both
- They still have claws, very muscular. So they could probably take us one on one with out weapons

2. They are not as smart as the Greys. They could still be smarter than us
- They look like a group that is uses tactics in the fighting.
- If they work together with the greys they for a group that uses its strenghts for the better of the group.

This makes sense.
They were thinking. Hey we can just fight over this planet here and most likely kill each other, but if we use our strengths together, we can milk this planet for all its got and it will be a win win situation.
edit=added a few thoughts

[edit on 28-2-2007 by souls]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Badge - there are some pretty major assumptions and flawed conclusions in your posts.

Finally there are far too many abduction and reports for it to be a real phenomenon.

You simply cannot reach a conclusion that something doesn't exist because there are too many reports of it. Use whatever logic you like, it's not a valid conclusion that can be reached.

Even advanced beings make mistakes, leave footprints, drop gum wrappers, no?

Yes, but this argument assumes that despite not being as advanced as them, we are advanced enough to recognise signs of their presence. Also, on this point you may find this interesting.

Hyper-advanced beings would have no such worries. Do we brush out the foot prints when we tag the antelope? No.

Another flawed conclusion. Are we aware that antelopes are an intelligent species and that our presence is being concealed from them? How can you possibly say that the physical appearance of aliens would be so far from what we're familiar with, and then conclude what their motives would be?

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect them to be man-sized, given that exo-skeletons seem to have a limit due to the physics involved.

Due to limitations of Earth physics.

It would be simple for an ultra-advanced civilization to communicate across vast distances in space - they'd simply arrange for the detonation of a number of neutron stars, drawing attention to themselves by civilizations that have telescopes.

Thankfully, only humans would be stupid enough to blow up a bunch of stars just to draw attention to ourselves. I would like to think a more intelligent race would realise that doing so would invite the possibility of destroying co-inhabitants of our universe - or pissing them off - rather than just communicating with them.

The last half of your most recent post, though, I can't decypher. Are you saying intelligent civilisations are unlikely to exist, or intelligent civilisations capable of space travel are unlikely to exist. Those last few paragraphs seem to bounce back and forth between the two.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by TheStev]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
I was wondering what you think their physical characteristics may tell us about them? I'm referring to the pictures that around that are usually drawn by adbuctees or people who have a close encounter of the 3rd kind.

Could the fact that they sometimes appear bluish/grey mean that they have low blood pressure/circulation? If so, I wonder why that would be. Any theories?

Why are their eyes usually extremely large, usually dove shaped and black?
What would they be able to see if anything?

Having such a huge head surely would mean that their brains would be incredibly large. But because they are so small , even though their heads are large, would their brains be roughly the same size as ours?

Because their mouths and nostrils seem to be small in pictures some abductees have drawn, would that suggest that they don't need as much oxygen?
Why have a mouth at all if they speak telepathically?
Does having a mouth imply that they must eat? If not for speaking, eating or breathing why would they have them??

So many questions .....anyone got any creative ideas or more questions to add to this?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Sorry screwed that up. Anyway I wonder if they have something other than blood? Chlorophil or something like that. They wouldn't have to eat like we do if so.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Sorry screwed that up. Anyway I wonder if they have something other than blood? Chlorophil or something like that. They wouldn't have to eat like we do if so.

I've wondered that too, but as far as eating maybe since they are "psychic" they just feed off our thoughts, emotions, energy.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Due to limitations of Earth physics.

OK, you had me right up until this part.

As far as most scientists are concerned, physics is the same everywhere in our Universe, except in the case of stellar oddities, like within a black hole.

However in another cosmic bubble, created by a different 'brane', there may indeed be 'different physics'.

BTW, those examples (blowing up a neutron star) is not my example. I believe it was mentioned by Sagan, or some prominent scientist. I have to admit that it's a pretty surefire way to attract attention to that part of the galaxy. (it's not exactly wasteful. Some stars explode anyway due to their natural evolution).

As far as going back and forth, it is indeed a quandary. There are strong reasons against other intelligent life existing, but there are some things that seem unexplained. Nothing wrong with presenting both side.

Take 'er easy.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

As far as most scientists are concerned

As far as I'm aware, most scientists are on earth. I'm not saying you (or they) are wrong, maybe physics is the same in all parts of the universe, but we really don't know - having not been there. It is this kind of field where science ends and speculation begins. Even the purest science contains elements of speculation - this is pure speculation. I guess it's just an extension of my general protest to the strict way in which earth laws (physics, physiology, biology) are instantly enforced when considering any life abroad in the universe.

Nice to know I had you up to there though

BTW, those examples (blowing up a neutron star) is not my example. I believe it was mentioned by Sagan, or some prominent scientist. I have to admit that it's a pretty surefire way to attract attention to that part of the galaxy. (it's not exactly wasteful. Some stars explode anyway due to their natural evolution).

Oh, I realised those weren't your examples. But I think it's ridiculous to say that aliens must not exist because if they did they would have blown up a bunch of stars to get our attention by now (I'm oversimplifying your argument, of course, in order to highlight this point). There are many many reasons why an advanced intelligent civilisation wouldn't blow up a bunch of stars - not least of which the destruction it would cause.

It wasn't exactly 'waste' I was referring to, consider it this way: Let's say our sun exploded and consumed our planet and you somehow managed to escape. You later find out that the sun didn't explode natural, but was blown up by aliens as an attempt to get the attention of some other aliens on the other side of the galaxy - wouldn't you be a little bit pissed at the fact that your planet was destroyed just to say 'Hi'? I can't imagine that an advanced civilisation would not consider these kinds of ramifications when considering that course of action in order to communicate with the universe.

And certainly nothing wrong with presenting both sides, I was just a bit confused by your language as to what you actually personally believed. But I've re-read the post and I get it now

[edit on 28-2-2007 by TheStev]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
OK, more on the problem of using a Neutron star to signal...

First, consider that there are galaxies that are uninhabited and have no planets. The uber-smart advanced alien civ would just choose one of these nearby. The point is it would be a very prominent beacon and the only way to signal another Civ to 'point your telescopes here'. It's actually quite clever. It's really not the problem you're anticipating.

On the other things, I'll ask you to just think about this. If there were really aliens visiting, they would not care about exposure, would be perceived by us as hostile and we'd be -very- aware of their presence. This whole idea of a 'shadow presence' or them hiding their existence on Earth is just human-centric nonsense. Seriously. It's the stuff the bad dreams are made of (see the Old-Hag phenomena).

Again, that is not an original idea of mine - us being very aware of their presence.

Now if you want to suggest that the 'aliens' are really us from the future, or they're from an alternate dimension and we're just seeing ghost-like, or furtive traces, that's another thing. Actually there's not much -to- discuss about that. I think that traveling back in time in a corporal body is even more unlikely than other intelligent life in the universe. You might be able to send a particle back in time, but you can't gain information about it. (Heisenberg)

I take it you've read my links on the Fermi Paradox?

If there are other sentient beings, they'd likely develop in the denser areas of the Galaxy - more resources, etc. Then, once they conquered interstellar travel, life would tend to spread exponentially from there. Thus we'd see evidence of this as they did things like terraform and create Dyson Spheres and soforth. The brisk activity would be unmistakable, imo.

As it spread exponentially, I'd expect that they'd be here already. The idea of a hyper-advanced Civ. being afraid of a planet-bound species with some primitive nukes is laughable.

My suggestion is to look into the phenomenon and tease out all the things that are related to human experience - the body similar to ours, motives similar to ours (but slightly mysterious), actions with human-like motivations. These all suggest an internal perception and not an external event that we can photograph. Doesn't mean that the experiencers are not fully convinced - I don't doubt the stories that much.

Having said all that, I am intrigued by some of the more prominent cases with trace evidence (Hill abduction, Lonnie Zamora, certain aspects of Roswell, etc.)

Thanks for the reply. Take 'er easy.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Great thread Flighty, excellent questions. Royal76 your descriptive logic re thoughts on the various beings are interesting, I feel your on the right track.
It's possible to theorize anything on an unproven subject and all the power to people at Above Top Secret for thinking outside the box on issues such as the analysis I'm reading on this thread.

My point would be EBEs do not or cannot breath our atmosphere, with possible exception of evolution of EBE/Human Hybrids which may be able to exist in both. That Earths gravity is far too much for the thinner species, though it's possible Reptilian species may be the exception, but may still have some trouble with our atmosphere, hence existing in a more controlled environment underground.

Seems to me the Big Heads mean more brains and unlike humans, perhaps they use all of it. Great you people are getting so deep into it.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
A huge head wouldn't necessarily mean they are smarter than us. The only animal I can think of that has a head that seems to be out of proportion to the rest of their body is a dolphin, I think their brain is the same size as ours. Of course, whether or not we are smarter than dolphins is debatable.

I think that they must have some sort of strong bone structure for giant head support, because they seem to have small necks that shouldn't be able to do the job. It leads me to believe that their bones are probably made of a stronger material than ours.

I've always attributed their skin color to them living in some kind of extreme weather planet. They don't need hair, so maybe they are more aquatic. Or they live deep underground.

Their eyes are also not proportionate, so they must surely be nocturnal, and likely never see the sun. Perhaps that is likely that they live deep underground.

I don't know enough about Reptilians or any other types of Aliens to guess. I would figure they are the same as the Greys, but everyone here will tell me i'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The only part of the aliens anatomy I want to know about is the part to punch to make them stop ticking.

Thats right I'm a terran supremacist.

You know what works well against cold blooded reptiliods? Fire extinguishers. Nothing sucks more to a reptile than being smothered in -40 degree fire foam. Good luck using your claws. Oh whats that your metabolism can't handle the cold? Well you should have thought about that before you got up in us humans business.

They greys and the reptoids are working together, perhaps.

But they can't take us down one on one, unless they bite us in the jugular or if their claws are longer than 1.5 inches to cuase lethal blood loss or organ damage, they ain't going to inflict lethal harm with those or they won't be given the chance to keep fighting for long, cause they physically can't.

They may be strong and attempt to break our necks, but who says that they are unbelievably strong at all. They're reptiles. Strong but with no stamina. The only advantage they have is that when we are hunting them down in the woods after they flee in terror, they can go for a long time before requiring fuel, or food. But they can't run from us cuase then they will collapse from over exertion with their puney metabolisms and cold blood. Sucks to not be able to regulate your own tempreture.

We can take plenty of cuts and scratches and keep going. We are primates so we can argue that we are everybit as strong as them. We know that they don't come from a high gravity planet that requires stronger muscles because of their limb to torso proportions. They wouldn't be as anthropomorphic as they are described.

They are probably more cultured and civilized than us so you can make educated guesses that they aren't used to having their bodies butchered and beaten to a pulp with blood spraying everywhere, but us humans can handle the violence. They'll probably faint like some dainty socialite.

I put my money on angry human one on one with everything but as nordic. Nordics may or may not be anatomicaly different from us humans, but either way the point is mute. Us earthlings are violent and have mastered the art of killing other humans, so good luck mr. aryan nordic from pleadia.

Personally I don't know if the greys are any smarter than any other intelligent race.
THey just have been aroud longer and have more knowledge about the universe. All that encephalal mass could be their telepathic communication systems, or maybe it's utilized for memory purposes, not psyco kinetic mental death beams.

But could it outsmart a person. maybe not. They didn't get far when they tried to abduct stephan hawkings. He's actually quite the trickster and actually got the greys good when they came for him. I heard that they ran out of his house and back to the spaceship like they were being chased by a crackhead who wants 5 bucks. Rumor has it that Stephen even egged their space ship while they were doing their emergency pre flight warm-up procedures and that it took the greys 4 hours to clean the dried, cemented egg goo off their space ride once they got back to the Diemos Intergalactic Space Port.

[edit on 1-3-2007 by BASSPLYR]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Very witty!!!

I've often thought that maybe the truly successful cross bred human/alien hybrids are in some other universe...quite a few generations along now...innocently going about their business/purpose totally unaware that they are part human and not knowing what or where Earth is.

Another theory is that we are getting the "runt of the litter" sent here to check on our aeronautic/space programme/genetic progress and are expendable anyway.
They may be doing all this "checking up on us" with samples in abductions for medical/science reasons to help out these hybrids with human DNA somewhere else. They could also be "checking up" on our aeronautic/space programme to stay in the loop of how far we can get away from Earth. If we were to discover the place that they have been breeding the part-humans for thousands of years,and were to rock up there oneday and find and see them...can you imagine the shock, horror, total insanity that would follow such a discovery/revelation!!
Not only would it totally unhinge our world but it would create total chaos for their planet as well if the hybrids were to see humans who might resemble themselves!
I can't help but think if this theory was real, that the purebred aliens would want to keep these hybrid humans as "in the dark" as they keep us.

I've often wondered what a fully formed hundreds-odd or more generational integrated human/alien cross breed would look like.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Sorry, my post above was a little off topic but back on topic....

If we're to assume that they have mouths, they must eat. (They don't speak verbally apparentlyand so mouths wouldn't be needed for communication). They abduct cows and so it could be assumed that they are meat eaters? Don't carnivores have appendixes?
I'm just wondering if they do eat, how they would dispose of the waste. From what I've read of abduction experiences they don't mention genitalia, let alone
having buttocks similiar to ours and so simliar other waste disposal bits!!

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flighty
Sorry, my post above was a little off topic but back on topic....

If we're to assume that they have mouths, they must eat. (They don't speak verbally apparentlyand so mouths wouldn't be needed for communication). They abduct cows and so it could be assumed that they are meat eaters? Don't carnivores have appendixes?
I'm just wondering if they do eat, how they would dispose of the waste. From what I've read of abduction experiences they don't mention genitalia, let alone
having buttocks similiar to ours and so simliar other waste disposal bits!!

Well, if you're talking 'alien', why would any assumptions like that be true? We have species on Earth who absorb nutrients through their skin. We have plants with chlorophyll that can make food with sunlight.

You don't -know- they're abducting cows. In fact that, to me, is one of the more fanciful things that some people have tried to tie to the ET phenomena. Some feel that ranchers use it as an 'excuse' to allow them to get insurance money from cattle that die.

Many scientists feel that a high oxygen content atmosphere would be anathema to many species. Remember we just went to high oxygen a few hundred million years ago. Our atmosphere used to have a lot less. Consequently oxygen, being a strong oxidizer (i.e. rust) likes to combine with things, often explosively!

Just a thought.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
OK, more on the problem of using a Neutron star to signal...
First, consider that there are galaxies that are uninhabited and have no planets. The uber-smart advanced alien civ would just choose one of these nearby. The point is it would be a very prominent beacon and the only way to signal another Civ to 'point your telescopes here'. It's actually quite clever. It's really not the problem you're anticipating.

The problem with that is it might take thousands of years for the light from the neutron-star to reach an intelligent civilisation, depending upon where they are located. Light speed communication is slow, for us, across great distances. So an intelligent species blows up a neutron-star some thousand light years away. We see it a thousand years after it happened, in which case the intelligent species may have died out?

If an alien race had the technology to move, travel or communicate faster than light, then why would they bother sending out neutron-star bursts only at light speed?

If there were really aliens visiting, they would not care about exposure, would be perceived by us as hostile and we'd be -very- aware of their presence.

How do you know, or presume to know, what an alien species would care about?

I take it you've read my links on the Fermi Paradox?

The Fermi Paradox ignores all of the evidence that has been gathered that supports an alien presence on Earth. There is a multitude of credible evidence that shows an alien presence on the planet. Many people choose to ignore the evidence and proclaim that it doesn't exist.

I can deduce that from the weak, insignificant build of male aliens below the belt, that they must surely lack the power to satisfy their females. No wonder they come down here to abduct our Earth girls! They wouldn't want to set up a hidden camera in my bathroom or bedroom, they'll turn greener with envy.

[edit on 2-3-2007 by tezzajw]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   

The Fermi Paradox ignores all of the evidence that has been gathered that supports an alien presence on Earth. There is a multitude of credible evidence that shows an alien presence on the planet. Many people choose to ignore the evidence and proclaim that it doesn't exist.

What is the credible evidence that shows an alien presence on the planet?

Stories?

I admit there is some high strangeness, but being a long time UFO/alien buff, I know of no credible evidence of any alien presence that can't be explained by normal terrestrial means. I'd be glad to hear your thoughts on this, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join