It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien physiology..What can we deduct from pictures?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I was wondering what you think their physical characteristics may tell us about them? I'm referring to the pictures that around that are usually drawn by adbuctees or people who have a close encounter of the 3rd kind.

Could the fact that they sometimes appear bluish/grey mean that they have low blood pressure/circulation? If so, I wonder why that would be. Any theories?

Why are their eyes usually extremely large, usually dove shaped and black?
What would they be able to see if anything?

Having such a huge head surely would mean that their brains would be incredibly large. But because they are so small , even though their heads are large, would their brains be roughly the same size as ours?

Because their mouths and nostrils seem to be small in pictures some abductees have drawn, would that suggest that they don't need as much oxygen?
Why have a mouth at all if they speak telepathically?
Does having a mouth imply that they must eat? If not for speaking, eating or breathing why would they have them??

So many questions .....anyone got any creative ideas or more questions to add to this?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Consider the popularly reported Alien.

They have essentially a human form, bilateral symmetry.

They leave no physical traces, no skin flakes, no hair

Abductees that report being visited nightly have never been able to demonstrate this on video or with volunteer researchers who would stay with them.

It's been demonstrated that alien-like feelings and visions can be reproduced in the lab with electrical stimulation of the brain.

Finally there are far too many abduction and reports for it to be a real phenomenon. (See Jacques Vallee)

This suggests to me that 'aliens' are a construct of the human mind. Thus it's not going to be very helpful to define characteristics based on what someone reports that is not real.

Interesting topic, but only in a sci-fi writing sense.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Also of note. Their craft exert quite astonishing speeds and manueverability in allmost all reportings. So they must be physically well built for such stress's and loads if they are in fact manned ojects by ET and not of the preprogrammed or drone type of conveyance. Food for thought.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VType
Also of note. Their craft exert quite astonishing speeds and manueverability in allmost all reportings. So they must be physically well built for such stress's and loads if they are in fact manned ojects by ET and not of the preprogrammed or drone type of conveyance. Food for thought.

Do you have a cite for this? I'm unaware of any reports of amazing speed and maneuverability that are distinguishable form optical illusions or reports of lights in the skies.

Remember a small dot on the horizon (see the Lubbock Lights), or a light in the night sky does not an alien ship make.

Don't get me wrong, I like reading about UFOs and aliens. It's just important to be specific and not to conflate what you've read or seen on TV into something like 'allmost (sic) all reportings'.

AFAIK, there's only one report of an up close sighting of an actual craft inhabited by beings, by a reliable witness (with some physical trace evidence) and that's the one by the police officer in New Mexico.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by Badge01
...bilateral symmetry.

Doesn't the majority of intelligent life exhibit this characteristic, rather than just Human?
Somewhat of a strawman arguement, no?

Alien personal shielding device? (surrounding forcefield keeps all evidence self contained)

Abductees that report being visited nightly have never been able to demonstrate this on video or with volunteer researchers who would stay with them.

Shielding device or Electro/Magnetic disrupter device?
(to foil recording devices) pun intended.

Stun weapon for volunteers.
(Say, oh , maybe a long, blue wandish looking device, for example)

It's been demonstrated that alien-like feelings and visions can be reproduced in the lab with electrical stimulation of the brain.

Well unless your car stereo is shorting out, how does this explain abductions while driving, and multiple abduction experiences?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry to get off track there, Flighty. (just playing devil's advocate)

I've always been troubled with the large head, frail body, descriptions, myself.

If you accept the argument, the muscles have atrophied, from zero or low gravity, why would the head not also have transformed, into a less unwieldy shape, rather than a large lollipop?

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01

Do you have a cite for this? I'm unaware of any reports of amazing speed and maneuverability that are distinguishable form optical illusions or reports of lights in the skies.

Remember a small dot on the horizon (see the Lubbock Lights), or a light in the night sky does not an alien ship make.

Don't get me wrong, I like reading about UFOs and aliens. It's just important to be specific and not to conflate what you've read or seen on TV into something like 'allmost (sic) all reportings'.

AFAIK, there's only one report of an up close sighting of an actual craft inhabited by beings, by a reliable witness (with some physical trace evidence) and that's the one by the police officer in New Mexico.

en.wikipedia.org...

Only one report of a close up sighting? Ive seen lots of such reports by many people on the web and in general. Sorry but not all Lights and similar phonomena can be explained so easily IMO and is relevant to the original posters question regarding this subject " Alien physciology.. What We can deduct from pictures?
I stand behind my original post as it could be Very relevant to this subjects surmation.
But thanks for the scolding anyways.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Also of note. Their craft exert quite astonishing speeds and manueverability in allmost all reportings. So they must be physically well built for such stress's and loads if they are in fact manned ojects by ET ...

I think it's commonly accepted that, IF, these are alien craft ,
they would include some kind of inertia dampeners, or gravity 'cocoon',
making physical toughness not necessarily a prerequisite for flying this type of craft.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I bet that the aliens that are commonly described as frail, big head, grey, are just the scientists of their species. I bet they have there own soldiers who are not frail, who can actually do some serious damage without using telekinesis. If they are so powerful, so powerful, they probably bio engineered these super strength aliens to do battle for them.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Also could be that they are filled with more body bladders and that their bodies are not bones but rather of a cartilage like consistencey more so with fluids expanding and contracting and pumping throuhout. You cant rule anything out when discussing the hypotheticals of an Alien.
Now if you draw a distinction between there large heads,Lizard or bug eyes and their scaley or non skin appearance they seem very Lizard like with human'sqe appendeges for the most part. Possibly even bug like in the case of the eyes and small nose slits. Its all a guess at this point but all is worth noting. At least they do have through popular belief the same eye,mouth and legs and arms count as us though. Lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
Sorry to get off track there, Flighty. (just playing devil's advocate)

I've always been troubled with the large head, frail body, descriptions, myself.

If you accept the argument, the muscles have atrophied, from zero or low gravity, why would the head not also have transformed, into a less unwieldy shape, rather than a large lollipop?

No worries. Devils advocates are welcome!

Yeah, I've often wondered why the big head. You'd think that it would be lolling from side to side like a newborn babies and that it would be impossible to stand upright. It must be planted on one hell of a thick neck and spine!

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I guess being Lizard like as someone mentioned, it might also mean they could be cold-blooded hence the bluish/grey tinge?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

TextI bet that the aliens that are commonly described as frail, big head, grey, are just the scientists of their species. I bet they have there own soldiers who are not frail, who can actually do some serious damage without using telekinesis. If they are so powerful, so powerful, they probably bio engineered these super strength aliens to do battle for them

Well, an alien species thats MILLINONS or BILLIONS of years ahead of us wouldn't fight in a physical means. Physically fighting would probally be considered very barbaric to a species that old.

Also, the classic 'grey' design, IMO, is pretty accurate on what an ancient, intelligent, bipedal, creature would look like.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
All I know about grey physiology is that they hate it when you jam your thumb into their eye. Man do they hate that. Usually makes them whip out the blue wand of pain.

Also they hate being suplexed or pile driven. Bad on their noggins. So, If a grey gives you trouble I can safely say that they have weak neck muscles and frail vertebray. They also hate it when you mule kick them in the back.

Or flying side kick them in the back when they run in terror from your house.

Seriously though i suspect that the abducting grey is manufactured by perhaps the taller greys or other species and that they are entirely only intended for light duty work, so they would be relativley weak.

THeir eyes could have pupils and be more reptilian than bug like. That Courso guy said that the black on their eyes was a type of IR/Nightvision contact lense like thing, and that their eyes were different underneath with pupils and white cornea.

THe real question is do they contact conjunctavitis? If you had conjunctivitis would the greys abduct you or wait for the condition to clear up? How bad is grey conjunctavitis?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude

TextI bet that the aliens that are commonly described as frail, big head, grey, are just the scientists of their species. I bet they have there own soldiers who are not frail, who can actually do some serious damage without using telekinesis. If they are so powerful, so powerful, they probably bio engineered these super strength aliens to do battle for them

Well, an alien species thats MILLINONS or BILLIONS of years ahead of us wouldn't fight in a physical means. Physically fighting would probally be considered very barbaric to a species that old.

Also, the classic 'grey' design, IMO, is pretty accurate on what an ancient, intelligent, bipedal, creature would look like.

Your right, if they are millions or billions of years old. But what if they are only thousands of years old. From what I have read about the "classic greys" is that they are just as afraid of us as we are of them. Their mind might be at a higher evolution, but if there is millions of species in the universe, I would like to think that an opposing species who is war like, as someone mentioned, would have evolved in parallel to the greys, and would have the same advancement in technology and mind. If the greys see that there is a threatening species, they would probably have the need, or be forced into physical conflict.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jbird
...bilateral symmetry.
Doesn't the majority of intelligent life exhibit this characteristic, rather than just Human?
Somewhat of a strawman arguement, no?

True. I mean to emphasize the 'human form', two arms, two legs, fingers, feet. Though it's probably true, as Seth Shostak suggests, that the sense organs would tend to be near the brain, I think the mere observation of aliens as having that human form is evidence that they are a human construct. Actual 'aliens' would probably be stranger than we can imagine. Look at the diversity of life on Earth! It's no accident, imo, that experiencers see human-like beings. Though they're convinced they're having a real experience, it's not in our reality, not observable.

Even advanced beings make mistakes, leave footprints, drop gum wrappers, no? It's what Jacques Vallee calls a 'jealous phenomenon'

"Sheaffer, in his book _The UFO Verdict_, calls UFOs a "jealous
phenomenon" because this variable aspect serves to prevent
researchers from gaining any significant knowledge of them.
Sheaffer builds on this interpretation, noting that no legitimate
phenomenon exhibits this "jealous" nature. Jacques Vallee uses
this characteristic to theorize that UFOs are some sort of
interdimensional beings, whereas Carl Jung postulated this
variability is a manifestation of the collective unconscious."

Well unless your car stereo is shorting out, how does this explain abductions while driving, and multiple abduction experiences?

The experiments show that with certain brain states, alien presence is produced. I'm not suggesting that external voltages are required, just that the brain can produce these feeling of alien presence without an actual physical alien being present.

As far as the aliens using devices to shield or protect themselves from disclosure, that's another argument for the human centric nature of the 'phenomenon'. We have to give them characteristics to show they 'care' if they're being detected. Hyper-advanced beings would have no such worries. Do we brush out the foot prints when we tag the antelope? No.

Again, I ask, why have none of the 'experiencers' who are being abducted nightly even bothered to invite investigators to come live with them? At worst it would stop the 'abductions'. LOL. I think if you really got to the bottom of it these constant abduction experiencers realize they are not have 'reality-based' events. Thus they are not eager to have some one else intrude on them.

As you know, I used to be a strong believer in aliens and UFOs. But that's only on Tuesdays, and Saturdays. When you really analyze what's happening you realize that there are far too many 'tells' that it's an internal thing, with no external manifestation.

Let's say it's an interdimensional or shadow being. It defies analysis by anyone. So we might as well go study the flying spaghetti monster.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I covered the possible origins of the alien according to physiology and evolutionary environment,
in this writeup

Have you ever looked closely at ourselves, and of the animals and made the connection to our environment and how evolution shaped us? We are perfectly suited to live on earth. No we don't have furry coats to protect from the cold, we are not as element hardy as the animals, we don't have sharp claws to protect ourselves with either, but we have one thing they don't. And that is extra mental capacity.

Our brains allow us to cover ourselves when we are cold, allow us to fashion weapons to be used like claws, but better. Our brains are our evolutionary advantage.

So what about the typical alien grey? What kind of planet or mothership are they from, what kind of conditions do they live under? Let's look at the alien body and take a few logical conclusions of origin from it according to the evolutionary process:

One could almost decide if a being doesn't make evolutionary sense, like some of those 1950's alien invaders.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Good post, Toadmund.

If I had to guess, which is hard to do, since an 'alien' by definition would be out of our realm of experience, and confining it to carbon-based lifeforms, I'd expect them to look like some kind of insect.

External carapace, resistant to radiation, able to absorb oxygen.

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect them to be man-sized, given that exo-skeletons seem to have a limit due to the physics involved. But let's just say this is possible.

Though some 'greys' have been described has being 'insect-like' in appearance, the basic body type is that of a humanoid.

My sense is that if there were intelligent peaceful aliens in our galaxy, that we'd already have been visited. (see the Fermi Paradox).

It would be simple for an ultra-advanced civilization to communicate across vast distances in space - they'd simply arrange for the detonation of a number of neutron stars, drawing attention to themselves by civilizations that have telescopes. (suggested first by Carl Sagan, I believe)

As far as 'evolution' we don't know that this exists everywhere. For instance there may be vastly different forces acting upon an organism that is silicon-based.

There seems to be little doubt that primitive life exists on other planets in the galaxy, but I doubt there are any intelligent beings that have space travel. Simply too many variables, and too many chances for periodic catastrophic destruction, both by internal (political, social, economic) and external forces (asteroids, comets, geothermal, supermassive sterilizing explosions).

For every intelligent race that gets to the point of space-faring, there would be billions of races without the raw materials, or without stable systems, or without the aggressive desire to risk their lives by going off planet. For every race that might achieve inter-galactic modes of transport there are billions that only ever get to travel in their own solar system.

So I think the Drake equation needs to be reworked with a lot of new terms added. I think well find the chances of intelligent civilizations existing is very, very small, maybe one per galaxy. Of those it would be rare to achieve interstellar travel.

Thus, we are not being visited by full-size, technology-using aliens. (in fact use of terrestrial type 'ships' is another bit of evidence for the human-centric nature of the phenomena; what's more ships that leave their lights on. LOL)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Greys

1. That their bodies weren't ment for fighting.
- They are way to frail to mix it up with many species of animals on our planet, let alone other planets

2. Their Cranium is Huge. So They must be thinkers

The Reptiles

1. Their bodies were designed for a little of both
- They still have claws, very muscular. So they could probably take us one on one with out weapons

2. They are not as smart as the Greys. They could still be smarter than us
- They look like a group that is uses tactics in the fighting.
- If they work together with the greys they for a group that uses its strenghts for the better of the group.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Good post, Toadmund.

As far as 'evolution' we don't know that this exists everywhere. For instance there may be vastly different forces acting upon an organism that is silicon-based.

There seems to be little doubt that primitive life exists on other planets in the galaxy, but I doubt there are any intelligent beings that have space travel. Simply too many variables, and too many chances for periodic catastrophic destruction, both by internal (political, social, economic) and external forces (asteroids, comets, geothermal, supermassive sterilizing explosions).

Dont you think that if the universe is so big, and maybe so infinite, the possibilities of anything happen will happen, even repeatt itself. Even if they are a trillion to one, it will still happen because the universe, as how we understand it, is still expanding and might be infinite? Infinity allows all possibilities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join