It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Will Join Talks With Iran And Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   

U.S. Will Join Talks With Iran And Syria

Source Link: www.washingtonpost.com

The United States agreed yesterday to join high-level talks with Iran and Syria on the future of Iraq, an abrupt shift in policy that opens the door to diplomatic dealings the White House had shunned in recent months despite mounting criticism.

The move was announced by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in testimony on Capitol Hill, after Iraq said it had invited neighboring states, the United States and other nations to a pair of regional conferences.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ireland.com
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is good news, and a further indication that the US has always sought a diplomatic approach to problems.

This is another example of the fruits of consistency in foreign policy.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
IMHO, it's about damn time.

Bush's policy of "we won't deign to talk to anyone unless they meet all our conditions first", especially over such a controversial issue as the Uranium Enrichment Program, is ridiculous.

Thank god we have a congress that has enough meat an' two-veg to make him rethink his lack of diplomacy. The last thing we need is another war in the Middle East when we haven't even finished the one we're in.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
they must think an iranian war would be really serious if america are going to talk to them.

maybe the economy may be pushing them that way.

[edit on 2/28/2007 by andy1033]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I started a thread on this subject last night.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
This is good news, and a further indication that the US has always sought a diplomatic approach to problems.

This is another example of the fruits of consistency in foreign policy.

Take off your blinders josbecky....

if the bush has NOT exhibited over the past 7 years is a diplomatic approach.... its always an on our terms and nothing less attitude, hardly diplomatic at all.

They have probably come to the realization that they can't BS themselves into approval for another war.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm honestly sorry grover. I always check, but I admit I didn't check this one very far back as the news links said 20 min, 1hr ago when I submitted them. I was just happy to be able to bring good news for a change.

Because it is a step I never thought the neocon could take. It has nothing to do with diplomatic efforts behind the scenes. It has more to do with someone wrenching the arm of Dubaya. HA!

Why should BP and Shell invest billions in Iran right now if a war was given?

Let's hope they'll will talk for a long, long time (don't expect they can agree on much or anything)... until a domestic change will come about in Iran, because the Iranian people are not for this religious oppression.

I'm sure CIA will give them a little help.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Js you most be joking

You know very well that Bush problems has been his hard headlessness to be into any diplomacy with the countries that he has targeted Axles of evil.

His stupidity is what has keep Iran so hard headed also into their nuclear program pursue, over and over Iraq has asked for talks, no Bush.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
No problem Khun.

Bumper sticker I saw today on the back of a toyota driven by this really pretty woman. It read:

"The only bush I trust is my own"
ROTFLMAO!!!

new topics

top topics

join