It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free at last, free at last, great god almighty I am free at last!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Yes boys and girls, I What U KNO am a free man. The divorce was finalised yesterday and I am now a single person once more free to persue my own destany.

No longer is the dreaded divorce hanging over my head. It's all over. The only thing left is to wait for the judge to come back with his decision on who gets custody of our son.

I fought hard in that courtroom with her lawyer over this point. It was the main point in the whole case. I love my little boy and I could not just let her take him away from me.

Her only defense against me not having my son was that I did not have a car. Well that disolved a couple of weeks ago when I got a car.

I argued that she was anorexic, bulimic and had a history of cutting herself. (including carving an explitive into her thigh) She admited to all three. I also put her lawyer in his place by arguing that for the four months that she had my son and not let me see him it was an illegal act on her and her lawyers part. Even pointed out the exact law that governed it.

I also argued that she had moved durring the course of the case and she had taken my son out of his daycare and put him into annother daycare and not disclosed that location to me.

I talked about one post in her blog where she thought about commiting suicide. Admitedly it was a joke quiz she took but I pointed out her response was LOL WOW Im going to commit suicide by dissapearing thats a pretty damn acurate quiz!

Her lawyer asked me if I felt that she was a danger to my son and I said YES I feel that she is a danger to herself therefore she is a danger to my son.

I pointed out that she had left Colorado with my son without a court order, or my consent allowing her to do so and relocated to Florida.

Her lawyer asked me if I remembered when he called me and tried to discuss getting me some visitation with my son. I said No I do not recall any point when you called me and discussed getting me some visitation with my son. I remember I called you asking to see my son but your reply was that I needed to sign a custody and visitation agreement to be able to see my son and I felt that it was coersion.

That pretty much ended his blathering on and on about him trying to get me visitations.

I think it's looking good for old What U here on my end now I just have to wait to see what the judge says about getting my boy back.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
well you seem excited about the divorce so on that note.. Congrats... I remember my divorce... it was a happy day for me, but I felt sad for my daughter.... oh well...

Remember, no matter how bad it was, you will always be "tied" to this person... you have a son together.

Try to never put the boy between you and her.... don't argue or fight while he's around.... it's best.

I wish you luck in getting custody... you seem to be a good, nice person who would love and take great care of the boy.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Congratulations What U KNO! I feel your excitement because I am soon to be single myself.

I'll light a candle for you and your boy and send my best energy in your direction.

Hoping all turns out well,

wwn

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
well you seem excited about the divorce so on that note.. Congrats... I remember my divorce... it was a happy day for me, but I felt sad for my daughter.... oh well...

Fortunatly our son wasn't there durring the procedings. We have both made a vow to each other to not disrespect the other one in front of or twards our son. I know I have kept that up, and I would like to think that she has too. There is no reason in the world to let our mutual feelings for each other affect our feelings for our son.

The worst part is our son still doesnt understand fully why mommy and daddy arn't together anymore. I can see the frustration in his eyes sometimes when he is here. I know that he would be happier if we were still together but, that's not how it turned out. He knows that we both love him and that is all that realy matters.

Remember, no matter how bad it was, you will always be "tied" to this person... you have a son together.

15 years just, 15 more years :LOL: as soon as he is off to college I won't have to deal with her at all if I don't want to. I hope she has a happy life and lives to be a verry old lady. I am just happy that I won't be in her life :LOL:

I wish you luck in getting custody... you seem to be a good, nice person who would love and take great care of the boy.

Thanks for that, I try, I did my best to show exactly the kind of mindset she has to the court I do fear for my son's safety when she is arround him because she is such a danger to herself.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
Congratulations What U KNO! I feel your excitement because I am soon to be single myself.

I'll light a candle for you and your boy and send my best energy in your direction.

Hoping all turns out well,

wwn

I am crossing my fingers, I did my best in the courtroom so I should be ok. I have 4 years of debate under my belt and it did come in handy, plus sadly watching daytime court tv actualy helped me out too.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have a friend who went through something very similar, I am happy for you and hope you get your kid. My friend got custody of his daughter and he has been happy ever since. I'm glad to see the court system is getting away from the act of just giving custody to the mother, as it was commonplace not very long ago. It should be what is best for the child. Best of luck to you.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
I have a friend who went through something very similar, I am happy for you and hope you get your kid. My friend got custody of his daughter and he has been happy ever since. I'm glad to see the court system is getting away from the act of just giving custody to the mother, as it was commonplace not very long ago. It should be what is best for the child. Best of luck to you.

Thank you, like I said I think I did well and I think I should come out with having my boy back in my life again.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Congratulations regarding the sucessful divorce. I think that you want what's best for your son, and that you are the stable parent. I would like to see you get custody of your boy. You obviously love him very much and want what is best for him. He would grow better in a stable, harmonious environment, which I think you can provide. Your Ex Wife sounds like she is all over the place and not mentaly fit to take care of your son.

Wishing you the best luck in this case, and I am glad that you have the opportunity to start your life again with a relatively clean slate. Free at last...congrats again.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Congrats to you whatukno, you are a cool guy and I hope you get custody of your child.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Congrats to you whatukno, you are a cool guy and I hope you get custody of your child.

Me too, I was kinda suprised that the judge would wait a week to make his decision. I hope that is a good sign.

Congratulations regarding the sucessful divorce. I think that you want what's best for your son, and that you are the stable parent. I would like to see you get custody of your boy. You obviously love him very much and want what is best for him. He would grow better in a stable, harmonious environment, which I think you can provide. Your Ex Wife sounds like she is all over the place and not mentaly fit to take care of your son.

Wishing you the best luck in this case, and I am glad that you have the opportunity to start your life again with a relatively clean slate. Free at last...congrats again.

Thanks
we separated nearly a year ago. The 20th of this month will be one year exactly. We waited for a long time before we even filed for a divorce because at first we realy didnt care that much about it. We first were sharing custody. But it was a lot of stress on our son. So eventualy I got him more and more untill it worked out that I had him 5 days a week then she had him on the weekends. Well she got a lawyer then all of a sudden I couldent see my son whatsoever. I didnt see my son for four months. Which is illegal by the way and I nailed them both on this, using this law

7 87.03

He argued that if there was a crime committed that I should have gone to the athourities about it.

I replied that I did try and ask the sheriffs department to department about doing something about it and they said that it was a civil matter and that the court was the apropreate place to bring up this matter. The judge agreed.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Ehh, wait a sec, I didn't post this one, BASSPLYR posted it.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Sorry bout that, bad edititng

[edit on 1-3-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Well HOPEFULLY! The judge said a week and its going to be a week tomorow Tuesday March 6 2007 so keep your fingers crossed so that hopefully little What U KNO 2 will be home safe and sound from now on.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I got my fingers crossed an a candle lit for you bro!

I can't wait to hear the outcome!

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I wish you luck whatukno.

I've never had to go through a divorce, but I have personal experience with a custody battle. It was a tough thing to go through for everyone involved.

My only advice is to always consider the best interest of your son, nothing else matters more than him. He takes precedent over anything else in a preceding like this.

I hope things go well for you.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Whatukno, good luck to you and I really hope you get custody of your child.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Cut an expletive onto her thigh huh?

I dunno whether to be afraid or to be aroused.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellwhatnow
I got my fingers crossed an a candle lit for you bro!

I can't wait to hear the outcome!

Thanks, today I called the judges chaimbers and asked what is going on with this. Sigh, nothing. The judge hasnt made up his mind yet. I hope that is a good sign.

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
I wish you luck whatukno.

I've never had to go through a divorce, but I have personal experience with a custody battle. It was a tough thing to go through for everyone involved.

My only advice is to always consider the best interest of your son, nothing else matters more than him. He takes precedent over anything else in a preceding like this.

I hope things go well for you.

You are absolutly right. That is why I am so determined to have my son back.

Whatukno, good luck to you and I really hope you get custody of your child.

Thank you, I am on pins and needles here waiting for the court to decide...

Originally posted by Lysergic
Cut an expletive onto her thigh huh?

I dunno whether to be afraid or to be aroused.

Be afraid, be very afraid lys

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There was a weird phone call today... My ex wifes lawyer called my office and was asking if I worked there.

This does not make me feel good at all.

I havent heard anything from the court, I keep checking the website and there is no chainge in the case. Nothing has come to the house telling us what is going on. I would realy be angry if her lawyer was notified and I wasnt.

Gah why won't this just end? I just want my boy back safe and sound.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
There was a weird phone call today... My ex wifes lawyer called my office and was asking if I worked there.

This does not make me feel good at all.

I havent heard anything from the court, I keep checking the website and there is no chainge in the case. Nothing has come to the house telling us what is going on. I would realy be angry if her lawyer was notified and I wasnt.

Gah why won't this just end? I just want my boy back safe and sound.

Don't worry about it. Just read over your first post again and be like "HA! I win!" It'll all be over soon and you can rejoice yet again!

I wish you the best of luck with your son and I hope you'll be a happy, free guy with no strings attached.

Wow, I've never heard anyone so excited about a divorce.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join