It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we get rid of the notion of Hollow Earth?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Right I used the search function, and I didn't find anything giving a proper point as to why the earth isn't hollow.

Now, as most people probably realise, the centre of the earth is hot, and that there is Magma down there. I remember seeing one picture of a proposed "Hollow Earth" theory which shows some entrances as being volcanoes, how do they work that out?

www.2012.com.au...

Where do these people that make these theories think the mass of the earth is? It couldn't possibly be in the small volume that they allow. Not to mention that there is no given heat source for magma, which is an interesting problem to explain.

Here is the true structure of the earth, which is proven.

Now this is proven due to the Earthquakes which regularly happen, and the Pressure waves and shear waves which come from earthquakes. (P and S waves)

In addition, the two types of seismic wave behave differently, depending on the material. Compressional P waves will travel and refract through both fluid and solid materials. Shear S waves, however, cannot travel through fluids like air or water. Fluids cannot support the side-to-side particle motion that makes S waves.

Now if someone can get the same result from a hollow earth theory, I'd like to see it. Considering that to do so would require changing the physics of wave motion, and last time I looked, that was easily proven in a classroom.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by apex]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think the 'hollow earth' theory is silly. From scientific observations, we know what the mass of the earth is, as well as its volume and diameter. We can thus find the density of the earth with a childishly simple calculation. If a significant volume of the earth was hollow, that would mean the density of the part that is not hollow would be much higher. Looking at the '2012' link to the hollow earth diagram, the amount of volume that is 'hollow' is very large, well over half, which is not what scientific observations have shown.

There might be tiny 'pockets' here and there that are hollow, kind of like really deep caves, or something like that, but there is definitely NOT a giant hole at the center of the earth.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Oh, is THAT were the space ship base to other galaxies is?

Nah, what annoys me more are the flat earth people. I mean, c'mon guys; give it up.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:18 AM
link   
That drawing in the link, looks like it was done as a school project, to make up what you'd imagine would be in the middle of the earth. :]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, I couldn't find any other image of the Hollow earth which actually gave a proposed structure, so sorry for it being a bit bad.

Here is another image, with equally bad physics if you ask me:

I don't think people who make these theories have much knowledge of science at all, to have a central star would be impossible, not even Jupiter is large enough to make self sustained fusion, so how a small enough sphere of hydrogen to fit in the earth would, I have no idea.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I prefer to think of the Earth as a giant malted milk ball.

It has a thin chocolatey shell that we all live on and beneath is a pourous, crunchy core. And in the air pockets live all the beasts from unicorns to chuppacabras and even some Chinese people because a while ago Communist China tried to dig a hole through to invade the US but as their economy opened up they realized more money was to be made selling us crappy electronics and plastic toys the invasion plans were put on hold.

Now they fight to defend their country against the invasion of the beasts living within the pockets of the malted core.

Right now the Chinese government is working out a way to use Ovaltines maltiness to seal the cavern. Lets pray they are successful.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I have never necessarily bought into the "Hollow earth" idea. I do believe that it is very cavernous though.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Cavernous, how much so, out of interest, and how far down?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This just posted today, in Other Current Events.

Related to this topic, so I thought I would post the link here.

Huge 'Ocean' Discovered inside Earth???
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think i'll wait till the scientific expedition comes back with their findings.

Its very possible there's a portion of underseas where the USO's goes and many scientists think there's a big possibility there are inhabitants there, and have been there for hundreds or thousands of years....I beleive the expedition will be in September with Russia's coorperation.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
you can sign up for a free trip to see if the hollow earth theory is real..
phoenixsciencefoundation.org...

seems they plan on going this summer and it's free. oh, and they will take donations to raise money for the trip. via paypal. you know, like all high end science projects.

other such trips, with price tags attached, have been cancelled. I'm curious as to whether the deposits were refunded.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Crakeur,

Only a few seats are reserved for non-scientists the rest of them are the top of the scientific community.

Hey, wanna go?

I've got these great boots with heels just perfect for the Antartic.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm gonna paypal a fiver to them so they will hold a spot for me.

I have really warm socks and a hat with fake dreads that should be a big hit with the hollow earth dwellers.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appex
Where do these people that make these theories think the mass of the earth is? It couldn't possibly be in the small volume that they allow. Not to mention that there is no given heat source for magma, which is an interesting problem to explain.

Bible mentions that:

01O 1 6 And God said, Let there be a solid arch stretching over the waters, parting the waters from the waters.

That's the solid arch parting the waters(inner space) from the waters(outer space)

01O 1 7 And God made the arch for a division between the waters which were under the arch and those which were over it: and it was so.

The arch is earth's shell

01O 1 15 And let them be for lights in the arch of heaven to give light on the earth: and it was so.
01O 1 16 And God made the two great lights: the greater light to be the ruler of the day, and the smaller light to be the ruler of the night: and he made the stars.

One sun in the middle of the earth and an other one outside

Ok, this is me in pure imagination, but...you never know...

Dragon

Edit
--------------------------------------------------------------------
to add some credibility
Huge 'ocean' discovered inside earth
Which is carrently discussed here:
www.abovetopsecret.com... d0

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
you can sign up for a free trip to see if the hollow earth theory is real..
phoenixsciencefoundation.org...

Thank you so much Crakeur
I just had a run in with an employee who refuses to follow orders and his screw up cost me a whole days pay for 7 people. I needed a good laugh and you gave me that. A gift of infinite value. I wonder how much money they have pocketed off this fake expedition. Surely no one fell for it

apex,
Your graphic is just fine. I started out as a Geology Major and I don't see any glaring errors. I don't think there are many people who would fall for the "Hollow Earth Theory". Might as well go back to the Dark Ages. It's to bad there are so many vultures out there that will invent anything to sell a book, tape or increase their hit count. The Internet is full of this garbage. Most of them don't even bother to make a decent looking site. Like the one Crakeur posted. Would you trust a group of professionals who made a site like that?

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Your graphic is just fine. I started out as a Geology Major and I don't see any glaring errors.

I think they meant the first image of a supposed "hollow earth", rather than the Earthquake ones.

With the biblical reference, I don't think they would have had any real idea of the structure of earth, and of course with such a reference we could go back to the old discussion of mistranslation of it.

Would you trust a group of professionals who made a site like that?

Well, I wouldn't, but evidently some people do.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Hollow Earth with regards to hiding UFO?

I was thinking about that and its not that needed.

I have no idea what planes are in a nearby airport.

So 100 miles away in a barn must be good enough as a
a Hollow Earth cave.

Hollow Earth was mentioned about Antarctica and the Operation High Jump with
Admiral Byrd in command.
He might have seen the gigantic cave.

And check the internet for to POLAR Man story eeeeoooowww.

A nice internet read before bed time.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Hollow Earth was mentioned about Antarctica and the Operation High Jump with
Admiral Byrd in command.
He might have seen the gigantic cave.

He could have seen something, but how would he have got into it exactly? If one were to fly over the hypothetical hole, one would just fly over it like any other feature. Unless the gravitational field were to somehow change, in that you are always pulled perpendicular to the ground, and so you would go in, but how would you get in otherwise? It would take a big dive in a plane to do it, and then a lot of climb to get out again.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Blaine that thing has been going on for 3 or 4 years now. they change the name, the change the dates, the itinerary seems to be the same.

perhaps this bozo employee should be sent to look for the opening to the hollow earth.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
This is a new team of scientists who have never attempted this before.
I'm not sure just "how" but they will attempt to get the closest anyone has ever been to the depression in the pole that would indicate ground zero.
They are not selling any seats- They are willing to take a few brave people with them. You cant scam if there's no money involved. Then again, if they run out of food, they may turn to the volunteers as a food source.
One never knows.

For information, contact George Noory@ Coast to Coast.

Bon Voyage!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join