It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liquid Explosives found in Lebanon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Liquid Explosives found in Lebanon

Source Link: www.nfc.co.il

I'll probably get alot of flack on this one - The site is in Hebrew but any decent translation tool can provide a translation.

Twelve days ago the Lebanese Military confiscated 31 containers of liquid explosives by the Ein El Hilwa refugee camp in southern Lebanon.
The explosive devices were already rigged and awaited transport to its destination.
-----
Any guesses on who is behind this? Al-Qaida has a presence in lebanon. Hizbullah? It certainly got their through Syrian territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28/2/07 by JudahMaccabbi]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
When you steal someones house, land and liveliehood don't expect them to throw roses at you. You act as though you are unaware of whats going on and you seem extremely surprised that they aren't kissing your toes instead of trying to kill you.

Legitimization of land theft

By Haaretz Editorial

The theft of private land and lawless construction, with the authorities' collaboration, have long been routine in the land of the settlers. The scope of these deeds and their seriousness are described extensively in the report on illegal outposts compiled by Talia Sasson, formerly a senior state prosecution attorney. The report was buried almost two years ago.

However, the decision of the Supreme Planning Council (SPC) for Judea and Samaria, which was revealed in Haaretz on Sunday, to legitimize the plan to build the Matityahu East neighborhood in Modi'in Ilit, beyond the Green Line, marks a nadir.

The plan is to legitimize 42 high-rises, which are in various stages of construction, some of them on land allegedly stolen from the villagers of Bil'in. All of the high-rises being built contravene the planning and construction laws. Peace Now and Bil'in's residents petitioned the High Court of Justice two years ago to have construction stopped. The legal counsel of Modi'in Ilit warned in writing of "construction offenses of such colossal proportions, ignoring the law and planning regulations, that words cannot describe [them]."

Source

Irish bishops: Israel has turned Gaza Strip into a 'large prison'

By The Associated Press

A group of Irish Roman Catholic bishops on Tuesday called into question Ireland's commercial ties with Israel, saying Israel has made the Gaza Strip "little more than a large prison" for Palestinians.

"Where there is evidence of systematic abuse of human rights on a large scale, as in the Occupied Territories, there are questions that must be asked concerning the appropriateness of maintaining close business, cultural and commercial links with Israel," said auxiliary Bishop of Dublin Raymond Field.

There is a long history of support for Palestinians in Ireland, particularly among nationalist parties such as Sinn Fein, which equate their own fight to end British rule in Ireland with the desire by Palestinians for their own state.

Source

Maybe you should read up a little more on whats going on in the Middle East and maybe then you will understand why they are trying to fight back. Its funny how you will bring attention to something like this when Israel probably has things in their arsenal that makes this crap look like a book of matches and Im sure has been used at some point or another on someone in Palestine or in Lebanon. Keep trying to take the moral high ground though. It aint happening.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Pieman,
Is your pie laced with marijuana?
What in the name of Allah are you talking about?

The threat of liquid explosives is NOT a threat against Israel. You do not need liquid explosives to blow something up. You do need liquid explosives to blow planes up or anything that has tight security though. Being that the explosives were in Lebanon the bombs were probably meant to be used against the Lebanese leaders (anti-Syrian probably), Lebanese, Europeans or US airplanes (since Israeli airlines do not land in Lebanon there is less of a risk to Israel).

This is a significant find since it ties the Palestinians, maybe Hezbullah and Syria to international terrorism AGAIN!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Please don't come with this world-wide terrorism again. Do you believe those explosives, even liquid explosives could be used just aboard airplanes? Think again. Load a truck with them, bring up to the highest height and roll it down. The effect is the same, if not greater.

Yes. It's a threat for Israel. And between us, they completely deserves this, after they've bombed Lebanon and killed civilians. They're searching their enemies. Don't count for a friendly response.

And it's not international terrorism. How is it possible, that they never threat those countries, whose never attacked them? i.e. Sweden, Hungary, Finnish, Iceland, Romania, etc, etc...? Because they're reacting against the aggressors. Remember. Not those ones are the aggressors, whose are defending themselves. And in war, there is no real rules of engagement, not even in counter strike.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Crystalline
And in war, there is no real rules of engagement, not even in counter strike.

Remember that when Israel shoves these explosives where the sun dont shine.
Israel invaded lebanonm once already, you dont think they would do it again?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Once?
I think maybe you need to do a little more research - like a basic history lesson would be a good start.

And their latest assault on Lebanon was a stunning failure, even the Israelis admit that, it's why the defense cheif resigned and the PM is on the ropes politically...

They managed to kill a lot of innocent Lebnese but never managed to stop or even slow the Hezbollah rocket attacks.

[edit on 2/28/07 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Richard Reed, the shoe bomber, attempted to kill people of various religions, ethnicities when he tried to blow up the US airliner. He was British, came to Gaza and was trained there as well as in other places.

When Israel and Lebanon had their 'squabble' last summer, Iranian, Somalis and various other ethnical groups of fighters were caught in Lebanon. Al-Qaida is known to have a presence in South Lebanon and by chance in that particular 'Refugee Camp'.
Hezbullah and Iran were responsible for the Buenos Aires Jewish Center and Israeli Embassy attacks.

International terrorism has everything to do with this.

Moreover, new cutting edge technology such as liquid explosives will not be used merely for attacking Israel on the border. Its primary use is to pass security clearance for an attack (military or terrorist).

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
That is not accurate.
Israel was able to irradicate the long-range missiles Hezbullah had, Kill many Hezbullah and various Mujhadin fighters.
The only failure was that of the leadership who did not implement plans for such scenarios but foolishly chose 'creative' alternatives which failed miserably.

The innocents killed in Lebanon where primarily because Hizbullah fighters launched rocket attacks from villages. Israel's response was to quiet those launchers was inevitable.

Does Israel's failure to stop the Katusha attacks mean that Hezbullah won?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
The threat of liquid explosives is NOT a threat against Israel. You do not need liquid explosives to blow something up. You do need liquid explosives to blow planes up or anything that has tight security though. Being that the explosives were in Lebanon the bombs were probably meant to be used against the Lebanese leaders (anti-Syrian probably), Lebanese, Europeans or US airplanes (since Israeli airlines do not land in Lebanon there is less of a risk to Israel).

This is a significant find since it ties the Palestinians, maybe Hezbullah and Syria to international terrorism AGAIN!!!!

I think perhaps that high quality Israeli X has affected you Judah

Thats a lot of probably's and maybe's. More then likely as you said its for high security bypass...which Israel falls under that title quite nicely. The the fact that it was found in a Palestinian refugee camp makes the possibilities higher that its intended target was for Israel more then internationally. The fact is , unless you found some sort of plans for its use you really don't know what it was for. Maybe it was used for blasting those tunnels the IDF is constantly saying they are finding.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Israel was able to irradicate the long-range missiles Hezbullah had

It was?
Why did the number of rockets fired each day increase steadily over the course of the fight?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Pieman, My dear 'I have no-clue" friend.

Maybe it was used for blasting those tunnels the IDF is constantly saying they are finding

Those tunnels you are referring to are in the Gaza strip NOT in Lebanon.

BTW, Palesinian refugees in Lebanon pretty much have an issue with EVERYONE not only the Israelis. Anyone knowledgable in Lebanese history knows that the story with Lebanon is that everyone killed everyone.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

It was?
Why did the number of rockets fired each day increase steadily over the course of the fight?

When I say LONG range missiles I was referring to the Zalzil missiles that can reach Tel Aviv. Other shorter range missiles did reach Haifa but rarely farther than Haifa. As far as I recall one missile nearly reached Hadera and that was the farthest any missile reached.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Hi Judah, my but I've missed the Midddle eastern politics arguments since the end of the last contretemps.

Is there any indication in the article about the volume of this stuff that was found other than 31 containers? I mean that could be 31 phials or 31 buckets. (no, I haven't tried translating the Hebrew).

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Judah. All the times, almost on all day, people are finding explosives, some of them are remained from other wars, some of them are created for this and that. This news is not news. Don't try to turn people against YOUR enemy. They're not our enemy. It's the enemy of Israel. Israel created that war. Well. The civ massacres are really deserving any counter-strikes. And if the Lebanese are making explosives, that is the result of Israel's acts. And it will be no international terrorist attack, that's for sure. Don't spread hoax statements. Please don't try to spread fear, because you want to defend the terror state and want to serve their intentions. It's not our war. It's not our problem.

Thank you.

D.C.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
These aren't the regulars...these are the guys who strap themselves full of this stuff and blow up malls.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
These aren't the regulars...these are the guys who strap themselves full of this stuff and blow up malls.

Oh it is!? Wow. I didn't know that and you derived this all from a article written in Hebrew? You say Im on the crack huh?

Whats the difference between a muslim blowing up a mall and a jew dropping a bomb on a house full of women and children in Qana?

The answer: Nada

They are both bad. So stop trying to make out like the Palestinians are any more dangerous then a bunch of Israelis with atomic weapons and fighter jets.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test
Hi Judah, my but I've missed the Midddle eastern politics arguments since the end of the last contretemps.

Is there any indication in the article about the volume of this stuff that was found other than 31 containers? I mean that could be 31 phials or 31 buckets. (no, I haven't tried translating the Hebrew).

You are right about what you said. No mention though regarding quantities. All that was said is that it is a blue liquid that was rigged with a timer that can go up to 124 days.
The news was broken by A-Nahar (or something like that) news paper (Arab news media).

The thing that makes this interesting is that it is that first time such explosives were seized.

All the best to you.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Whats the difference between a muslim blowing up a mall and a jew dropping a bomb on a house full of women and children in Qana?

I will answer in small words as to make it easy to comprehend oh psychedelic cake man.

Muslim targets civilians, Jews target combatants hiding behind woman and Children.

Capish Wasteoid muffin-boy?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Interesting Judah.

If they were fitted with timers already it does suggest 31 individual bomb kits - nasty.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There's really no sense in everyone attacking each other in this thread, we all have our opinions, lets try not to let them interfere. This is a new and specific development, I'm not saying that we can't discuss the wider issues, but lets try to stick to the topic and when we do venture into the wider issues, lets not go at each other's throats.

JM, or anyone else that reads yehudi, does it say what the liquid explosives were? Does it compare them to the Plane Plot?

Why did it definitely come from syria? What not through a Turkish network? Why not smuggled through iraq, into an underground network in jordan, and through there to levantine agents? Sure its not as direct as comming through syria, but its not unreasonable no?

Also, if it was from syria, that'd mean it was the syrian government, even jihadis in syria get repressed by the alawis government there. So if its from the syrian government, shouldn't we expect that it'd be different from what the non-state actors that did the Plane Plot came up with, more sophisticated, etc?

new topics

<<   2 >>

join