It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Told By C.I.A. He Doesn't Have "The Need To Know".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Hello All,

The article at this link was meant to be somewhat humorous and sarcastic at the same time, but I found it amazing. If true, it looks like even the President of the United States isn't granted access to UFO/Alien secrets held by the C.I.A., even when he asked to see them!

wonkette.com...

I'm sure we can't keep living in this void between knowing and not knowing the truth for too many more years. It's really ashame that the O'hare UFO didn't hang around longer and really disrupt air traffic. That would have been almost as good as landing on the Whitehouse lawn.
-CWM (Chicago)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Have you browsed this website? Excellent stuff there.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
There are no sources at the initial site for the story. What evidence is this based upon???

If we want to be taken seriously we should have credible sources, at the very least, a source. This information seems pretty reasonable to be traceable and cited. However, that website seems to be pushing an anti-republican agenda more than anything else there.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Platinumstorm]

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I believe there is information our presidents never get access to from our countries intelligence agencies unless something arises that they then decide that he should know about.

There are people in high places that serve under numerous presidents. These are the people that, I believe, are more in "the know" than any president ever will be. (I think these people think they are running the country more than the president, and maybe they are.)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I believe there is information our presidents never get access to from our countries intelligence agencies unless something arises that they then decide that he should know about.

i agree totally and im sure that sometimes the info the pres. gets is wrong intentionally. im not sure whats going on now though, kinda confusing, lol

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
If true, it looks like even the President of the United States isn't granted access to UFO/Alien secrets held by the C.I.A., even when he asked to see them!

According to Greer, he had to brief Clinton's CIA Director on what is "going on", so it would appear that even the CIA Director isn't granted to his own department's files on UFOs.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Platinumstorm
There are no sources at the initial site for the story. What evidence is this based upon???

Daniel Sheehan has come forward as one of if not the principle witness to the Carter Administration UFO investigation. I don't believe the idea of Bush 41 telling President Carter he doesn't have the "need to know" to access CIA's UFO files, is very far fetched at all. Clinton got a similar run around, although apparently Carter gained at least some information.

Originally posted by GLDNGUN
According to Greer, he had to brief Clinton's CIA Director on what is "going on", so it would appear that even the CIA Director isn't granted to his own department's files on UFOs.

The director of CIA is really just a political appointment. I believe they are kept in the dark as much as anyone about the darkest secrets. From my understanding, the gatekeepers holding the information look upon politicians with scorn. They generally aren't trusted.

As for how much Bush 41 actually knows about UFOs, I'm not sure. When asked during the 1988 election about UFOs he said, "I know some. I know a fair amount."

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I remember Jimmy Carter saying to a reporter during a late 1970's
news conference that he believed in UFO's and alien life forms but
had no proof to back it up. This was when "Billy Beer" and the "I
have lust in my heart" was making the headlines. His statement
stayed in my mind because I was in the Navy stationed in Spain at
the time and we'd always lose contact with ships and planes for a
brief moment in the Straits of Gibralter. No one could explain why,
it was just accepted as "the way it was". Experiencing this and
then hearing President Carter say what he did gave me the willies.
-cwm

new topics

top topics

join