It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what to start in a conversation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
theres a girl i like in school. but i never know what to say to start talking to her other than hi or what was last nights homework... what are some convos i can talk to her about?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ohh, ohh, I know! start talking about 9/11 conspiracies! Thats a great way to start a conversation...

you You know that 9/11 was an inside job brought about by our government to open the door to start a war with Iraq right?

her Your a freak get away from me (whips out pepper spray and gives you a healthy dose in the face)

you ARGHHHHHH call me? OHHHH it burns! it burns!

Ok maybe that isn't the way to go....

Just go up to her and ask if you could buy her a cup of coffee, I think that is the single absolute best way to start up a conversation with a girl. It's not threatining, it's polite, and you won't end up like the senerio above.

you Hi would you like to join me for a cup of coffee?

her Sure, I would love too. (whips out pepper spray and gives you a healthy dose in the face)

you ARGHHHHHH Why? OHHHH it burns! it burns!

Just kidding, I think asking her out for a cup of coffee is the way to go.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
this is 2007. who asks to go for coffee anymore?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
All you need is an ice-breaker.

I'd try a genuine and sincere and SIMPLE compliment that shows you noticed her (shallow and manupulative, but effective) , like "hey, cool nosering"

don't compliment her on girlie things, like her shoes, or creepy things, like her lipstick

Once you guys get talking, if its a good match, the conversation comes easy. Good luck !

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
have you seen the new Jim Carrey movie?

no?

then let me take you this Friday night.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ohh, ohh, I know! start talking about 9/11 conspiracies! Thats a great way to start a conversation...

you You know that 9/11 was an inside job brought about by our government to open the door to start a war with Iraq right?

her Your a freak get away from me (whips out pepper spray and gives you a healthy dose in the face)

you ARGHHHHHH call me? OHHHH it burns! it burns!

Ok maybe that isn't the way to go....

Just go up to her and ask if you could buy her a cup of coffee, I think that is the single absolute best way to start up a conversation with a girl. It's not threatining, it's polite, and you won't end up like the senerio above.

you Hi would you like to join me for a cup of coffee?

her Sure, I would love too. (whips out pepper spray and gives you a healthy dose in the face)

you ARGHHHHHH Why? OHHHH it burns! it burns!

Just kidding, I think asking her out for a cup of coffee is the way to go.

That was funny as hell whatukno!!

As for you swatman, what you do is go to the bar and get a strong drink, drink it down to where there is only a couple swigs left, that way you get enough of a buzz to where if she whips out the pepper spray it will be numbed a little. Or more likely if the conversation doesn't go well you can kill the rest of the drink and excuse yourself. If she walks away tell her "you hate to see her go but love to watch her leave", once again be ready for the pepper spray.

Oh wait..... you're still in school, I guess you'll have to go with "I love your shoes", as stupid as it may sound women love shoes, they have more pairs than they can wear in a month (wearing a different pair eveyday), this will become evident when you shack up with a gal and have no place to put your stuff in the closet.

They also worry about how well their shoes match (like guys have any clue if they do or don't, once again this will become evident later) to have a guy say that he loves her shoes is instant gratification, be sincere as possible because if she senses sarcasm in your voice out comes the pepper spray. If you are sincere and she smiles and says "thank you!" (once again she has to be sincere this time) you are good to go. Do not dwell on the shoes for longer than a minute, the conversation will go stale and she will loose interest. Once you have talked to her for a couple minutes drop Crakeur's Idea. Have money to pay for the movies and popcorn though, it's damn sure not as cheap as it used to be.

The I love your shoes line even works when she busts you checking out her butt. You want to practice without checking out her butt at first though. Remember that pepperspray whatukno was talking about.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by shizzle5150]

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
this is 2007. who asks to go for coffee anymore?

I havent been on a date in 5 years
sorry I was married. What do people do now on a date?

top topics

join