It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

U.S. Soldiers Kill 18 Kids at Soccer Field With Car Bomb?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Military admits they did it , calling it a 'controlled blast' (next to kids on a soccer field, yet)... but witnesses are calling it a 'car bomb.'

Strange they would confuse the two, isn't it?



US military says controlled blast wounded 30 in Iraq

BAGHDAD, Feb 27 (Reuters) - A controlled blast by US soldiers near a soccer field in the Iraqi city of Ramadi on Tuesday 'slightly wounded 30 people.'
Reuters AlertNet, UK


---


Car bomb attack kills 18 children in Iraq
28/02/2007

A car bomb has exploded next to a football pitch in the western Iraqi city of Ramadi, killing 18 children aged between 10 and 15.

An Iraqi defence official says the car was parked near the pitch and was detonated as the youngsters played nearby.

www.radioaustralia.net.au...


---


Conflicting Reports On Ramadi Blast
28 Feb 2007

There are conflicting reports about a blast near a soccer field in the Iraqi city of Ramadi, in which one account said 18 children had been killed.

Local authorities say the explosion was a car bomb, but the news agency Reuters is reporting it was a controlled detonation by American soldiers. The US military says a controlled blast by its soldiers near a soccer field in Ramadi slightly wounded 30 people, including nine children.

The police and a local tribal leader earlier said the bomb attack near the field killed 18 people, mostly children.

www.newswire.co.nz...


---


February 27, 2007
Military cast doubt on report of 18 teenagers killed by bomb

Eighteen teenage boys playing soccer in the Sunni triangle city of Ramadi were reported to have been killed today by a suicide car bomber, though the US military cast doubt on the claim.

According to Iraqiya state television, the bomb was the work of al-Qaida, and it was detonated next to a group of boys, aged 10 to 15, killing them.

US military spokesman, Major Jeff Pool, said a controlled blast by US soldiers near the soccer field slightly wounded 30 people, including nine children. He said the wounded had cuts and bruises. "I can't imagine there would be another attack involving children without our people knowing," he said.

www.guardian.co.uk...


Where are all those car/corpse bombs coming from?




posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Incredible there's no responds to news like this!

Do people not care? Afterall it was "only" Iraqi kids... if the informations are correct.

No one interested to clear up the confussion?



posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I don't think people aren't interested or concerned... they, like myself, could be waiting for more on the story. i.e. Eyewitnesses, actually casualty list, etc.

Nice Dig though


My big problem with this is if the US did cause the death of these children, then why would they admit to a controlled demolition with 30+ non-life threatning injuries?

Surely, if they were trying to hide something they would not openly admit to having done the deed. IMO



posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Its a confused story, this didnt happen, at least not like this. view the other thread.



posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
No, two stories has been mixed up.

It's getting a little tense over there, so they jump to (wrong) conclusions.

This thread has the news denouncing it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
No, two stories has been mixed up.

It's getting a little tense over there, so they jump to (wrong) conclusions.

This thread has the news denouncing it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


So says the US military, so it must be true? Where is that rolling on the ground laughing Icon???



posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

Originally posted by khunmoon
No, two stories has been mixed up.

It's getting a little tense over there, so they jump to (wrong) conclusions.

This thread has the news denouncing it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


So says the US military, so it must be true? Where is that rolling on the ground laughing Icon???


So because the military says something, it must automatically be incorrect/false?



posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The story was corrected today, yesterday I research the Iraqi news but it was nothing there.

The news was a misunderstanding of an earlier one in which 40 people die at a college.



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Here's another take on the event's in question....


www.stripes.com...



posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I cant see it being true.
The US military would not make such a DRASTIC error, as blowing up Unexploded ordinance next to a soccer field where childeren are playing.

If indeed a bomb went off nxt to a field where childeren were playing, and the US happened to be detonating UEO 'somewhere' id say the insurgents planned it that way, to make the world hate the US for killing kids.

Ive seen various clips of the US military detonating unexploded ordanance, and in all videos the area is WELL CLEARED!

if a bomb of such magnitude was detonated, i can see them leaving kids on a playing field very close.



posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
uscavonpoint.com...


Yesterday’s lead news story from Iraq was on the accidental deaths of eighteen children in Ramadi from a bomb blast at a soccer field, which had supposedly been caused by the U.S. military. There was only one problem with the story: it was entirely wrong.

Although thirty-one people were injured in an American detonation of a truck bomb, and subsequently given medical care by U.S. doctors and nurses, nobody was killed in the blast. The destruction—which had happened near, not on, the soccer field—had caused a larger explosion than ordnance experts had anticipated, scattering debris in a massive blast wave, according to eyewitness reports from American military personnel.

In a press release, Marine spokesman Capt Paul Duncan demurred, calling the initial reports “erroneous.” In Baghdad, U.S. Navy Rear Admiral Mark Fox went further. “There was no blast [at the soccer field] and there were no eighteen children killed,” said Fox at a news briefing. The inaccuracy of the initial reports was covered in detail as a feature story in the Los Angeles Times.

Reporting deliberate falsehood as news is not a rare event in Iraq. The insurgent website albasrah.com features a “Daily Resistance Report” that chronicles spectacular actions against American military forces, including fabrications of massive casualties inflicted on Americans. And although some frauds are perpetuated because they begin as rumors or conspiracy theories, others suggest careful planning on the part of a media-savvy adversary.


Well of course the insurgents would use this as an example of trying to win the media war. Can't beat an enemy that is far stronger, try fighting politically.




posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
as much as I hate this occupation,
I didnt think the US military was dumb enough to blow up unexploded ordinance next to a kids soccer game.



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join