It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asian-Americans condemn 'Why I Hate Blacks' column

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Asian-Americans condemn 'Why I Hate Blacks' column

Source Link: www.cnn.com

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Asian-American leaders are calling on a weekly newspaper to apologize and cut ties with a writer who penned a column titled "Why I Hate Blacks."

In the piece, which appeared in the February 23 edition of San Francisco-based AsianWeek, contributor Kenneth Eng lists reasons why he supports discrimination against blacks, writing, among other things, "I would argue that blacks are weak-willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years."

An official at the nationally circulated paper apologized and called the column's publication a mistake.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
GOOD. there is a lot of tension between blacks and Asians as it is without such ignorant and intolerant rants.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Wow. I'm wondering if was meant to be a satire or something...it goes way past being just not poltically correct.

If not, the guy should definitely lose his job.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just a racist spewing more trash. He also wrote a column called, "Why whites hate us" which I found odd. He hates blacks but worries that whites hate Asians.

This guy needs some serious counciling and probably meds.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Friction amongst the varying racial groups seems to be popular choice of thread topic lately.

Well, it keeps some people's minds off other news, no doubt. And cranks up board activity.

Coincidentally, I was reading only the other night about Asian landlords in California. According to the article, Asians are highly reluctant to accept blacks as tenants and feel no obligation to conform to PC dictates. They just do not want black tenants in their properties.

As Asians purchase investment properties with the clear intention of recouping their outlay and outgoings in addition to earning a profit, it can only be assumed they have learned from the majority of their experiences that blacks are not viable tenants.

If blacks were 'good' tenants, then Asians would have no hesitation in accepting them as tenants.

Now, which other groups are unpopular as tenants?

Well, bikers spring to mind.

As do single-mothers.

And I guess illegal immigrants fall in the same category, along with groups of college students of either sex and the unemployed and welfare families.
There are undoubtedly other groups that landlords are reluctant to accept.

See any colour issues amongst them?

Nope. Just those whom landlords have learned, from experience, do not make good tenants.

Undoubtedly there DO exists bikers and illegal immigrants and single mothers who would be EXCELLENT tenants.

But they've been tarred with the 'biker' and 'single mother' brush by those amonst their ranks who have been NIGHTMARE tenants.

But we don't seem to see headlines proclaiming: " Asians reject bikers/single mothers! "

So it's the 'black' thing that's being pushed.

To the extent the average joe could be forgiven for believing blacks are being especially targeted.

Meanwhile, single-mothers and bikers and college students and welfare tribes have the SAME problems ------ but they're ignored by those with agendas and so don't seem to warrant the same attention in forums or MS-news.

So who's going to raise the pertinent questions?

Who's going to ask (as requires to be asked): 'What are blacks DOING to make themselves SO unpopular with (in this instance) Asian landlords/property-owners?

Come on now ------ they must be doing SOMETHING objectionable ! And they must be doing it frequently !

Asian landlords do WANT tenants in their properties you know. That's why they bought those properties to begin with.

If they won't accept black tenants, they must have reason.

And if Asians are stating they hate blacks, then they must have reasons too.

Has anyone troubled to learn WHY Asians claim to 'hate' blacks ?

Why not?

Afraid of the answers?

Or it is simply more ejoyable to dispense with all that and grasp the opportunity such sensationalistic rant provides, in order to grab a 'touchy-feely' moment in forums by bandying around terms such as 'racist' and 'racist rant' ?

Having darker skin should not be justification for free-rides and automatic-victimhood. Not in the minds of blacks or non-blacks.

The same applies to the alleged claim that 'Whites hate Asians'.

If we pretend for a moment that such a nonsensical claim were true to begin with, it again begs the very valid question: WHY would whites 'hate' Asians? What do Asians supposedly DO to render themseles 'hated' by Whites ?

So what are we talking about here: are we talking about 'some' Asians 'hate' blacks and 'some' Whites 'hate' Asians ?

How many?

Two?

Where's the evidence? And I mean, verifiable, demonstrable evidence.

When you have it, lay that evidence on the table and let's have a look at it.

Maybe blacks and Asians require to learn to adjust to the mores and standards of the average white American?

Or do they PREFER playing the role of Square Pegs in Round Holes ?

After all, it's not white Americans' fault that Asians and blacks are identifiable as Asians and blacks.

Is it possible that Asians and blacks do not LIKE BEING Asian and black ?

Could it be that --- given a choice -- they would vastly prefer to be fair skinned, pale eyed Whites ?

But that's impossible. So are Asians and blacks angry and resentful about the legacy of the genes their parents bequeathed them?

Is THAT why they whine and seek attention and sympathy and play the Race-Card endlessly ?

Is it because they all dream of being Paris Hilton, Brad Pitt, Bill Gates ?

Maybe someone should say to them: " Hey -- join the club ! We'd ALL like to be rich and famous and good-looking ! What makes YOU the exception? What gives you blacks and Asians the right to bitch against all the Whites, just because you aren't Rich - Famous - Powerful and Good Looking ? Get in line with the REST of us ! "

Maybe someone needs to say that, instead of carping on and on in defence of Asians and blacks who -- boo hoo -- didn't get their wish list handed to them on a plate ?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Well, there is no getting around the fact that what Kenneth Eng wrote was nasty and racist. And he will and should face the repercussions for what he wrote.

Let us all hope that this lesson will extend across all racial lines. We should all stop playing one race against another.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
NOW I GET IT !!! I GET IT ..... LOLOLOLOL !

POSING as a 'racist', the accomodating Mr.Eng IN FACT used his tepid little squawk to GAIN PUBLICITY for his black buddies in their never-ending quest to make Whitey suffer and pay for being 'white'

While the POOR, PROGRAMMED WHITE SHEEPIES see only the 'Why I hate blacks' headline .................. the sneaky Mr.Eng's article is NOT racist AT ALL !!!

INSTEAD, it deliberately serves a TWO-fold agenda:

(1) ANOTHER unprovoked ATTACK on poor Whitey

and

(2) INGRATIATINGLY, Eng sucks-up to his black brothers by portraying them YET AGAIN as 'victims' with the sob/bleat/whine carp of 'enslaved for 300 years'.

Oh, Eng. Are you sure you aren't a closet zionist ? If not, you're surely in their pay, right ?

As for the ATS headline-making 'Why I hate blacks' thread title.

All a big noise about nothing, isn't it ?

Big storm in a tea-cup.

Big over-exaggeration.

Mountain out of a molehill.

Blacks and Asians trying to attain celebrity status by writing about each other in little nonentity rags.

What next? Will we be treated to wannbe-headline news regarding 'blacks don't like Asians either so nah nah ' ??? Lol.

I read the OP link.

Gee it was ----- a non-event.

The black spokeswoman formally stated that blacks would not take offence to Eng's comments.

I'lll bet they won't.

Eng just did blacks the equivalent of a big favour.

By the way: I've had enough of my black slaves now. They're more trouble than they're worth. 300 years of them (to cite Eng) is all I can stand. I'm sending them back to Africa, poste haste.

Voila ! Problem solved and in doing so, a lot more of the US is returned to Whitey !

Thanks Eng for claiming the blacks are still slaves. If they're still slaves, then they can be fired, sacked, DISMISSED !

Portray Whitey as All Powerful --- then Whitey may as well live up to his reputation.

Goodbye all those Eng friends who claim to be 'slaves'. Go find new employers. Bye bye.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Dock6]

mod edit to fix code and remove excessive sarcasm "ooohh" across several lines of type

[edit on 1-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Seeing everything else is being outsourced to Asia --- when will the reported 'black slaves' be outsourced ?

Will we soon see thousands of Asians in 'black' body-paint, slaving feverishly as psuedo 'black slaves' ?

Must keep an eye on the local $2 shop.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I just saw a report on this on our local news (on a CBS San Francisco affiliate.) This kind of thing is always so sad, frustrating, and perplexing. Even more perplexing is that, according to the report I just watched, this person also apparently wrote an article called "Why I hate Asians."

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Ok, how can what he wrote be considered racist when it is fact coupled with an opinion?

The only thing I saw in that quote was "blacks are weak-willed." Well, thats an opinion but I can see what he is saying because blacks tend to have alcohol/drug problems. Whites do as well to a large degree, but I can see how the stereotypical crackhead really portrays a weak will.

I mean if he was writing "I hate blacks" and "them 'n-word's are all drug addicts." I could see how that could be constued as racist. I hear blacks say crap like this all the time among other groups. I dont see what the big deal is.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The only nice thing I can say about Eng is that he seems to hate everyone equally, except for himself. He hates Asians, Blacks, Whites (especially Italians), anyone who holds religious beliefs and people who don't agree with him.

At least he's consistent.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Ah google, always so useful. Here is a cut an paste of the artical mentioned. Not really going to comment, just thought the thread needed the original artical to refer to.

Link delisted
------------------
Kenneth Eng, AsianWeek, Feb 23, 2007

Here is a list of reasons why we should discriminate against blacks,
starting from the most obvious down to the least obvious:

· Blacks hate us. Every Asian who has ever come across them knows that
they take almost every opportunity to hurl racist remarks at us.

In my experience, I would say about 90 percent of blacks I have met,
regardless of age or environment, poke fun at the very sight of an
Asian. Furthermore, their activity in the media proves their hatred:
Rush Hour, Exit Wounds, Hot 97, etc.

· Contrary to media depictions, I would argue that blacks are weak-
willed. They are the only race that has been enslaved for 300 years.
It's unbelievable that it took them that long to fight back.

On the other hand, we slaughtered the Russians in the Japanese-Russo
War.

· Blacks are easy to coerce. This is proven by the fact that so many
of them, including Reverend Al Sharpton, tend to be Christians.

Yet, at the same time, they spend much of their time whining about how
much they hate "the whites that oppressed them."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Christianity the religion that the
whites forced upon them?

· Blacks don't get it. I know it's a blunt and crass comment, but it's
true. When I was in high school, I recall a class debate in which one
half of the class was chosen to defend black slavery and the other
half was chosen to defend liberation.

Disturbingly, blacks on the prior side viciously defended slavery as
well as Christianity. They say if you don't study history, you're
condemned to repeat it.

In high school, I only remember one black student ever attending any
of my honors and AP courses. And that student was caught cheating.

It is rather troubling that they are treated as heroes, but then
again, whites will do anything to defend them.

MOD NOTE:
Appraently the piece was pulled.
All that remains is the paper's apology.
AsianWeek

[edit on 1-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
The only thing I saw in that quote was "blacks are weak-willed." Well, thats an opinion but I can see what he is saying because blacks tend to have alcohol/drug problems. Whites do as well to a large degree, but I can see how the stereotypical crackhead really portrays a weak will.

Wow, no wonder you don't see it as racism...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

What he says may or may not have merit. But what we don't need in the US at this time, with a country divided over the Iraq war and the illegal immigrant situation, is another wedge to drive between all of us.

The infighting is gonna be our downfall, I'm telling you.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You know, its very simple why there would be a few asians out there who dont like blacks. There are quite a few asians living in black ghettos who have had bad experinces with the blacks there.

Now im 17 and I live in the suburbs, but I have also spent some of my childhood in the ghetto. So I have seen blacks do some terrible crimes to asian americans. Although mainly roberies, there have lso been murders. Although there has RARELY been an attack on an asian american that was provocked by race issues, I still understand why some asians may be turned of by blacks.

Also in response to the the asian writer saying blacks are weak willed.
If blacks were weak willed there wouldn't have been a cival rights movement, we would still be slaves, and the incident on the amistad would have never happened. Ohhhhhhh, all that DID happen. lol

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude
You know, its very simple why there would be a few asians out there who dont like blacks. There are quite a few asians living in black ghettos who have had bad experinces with the blacks there.

I'm sure everyone living in "black ghettos" have had bad experiences with black people. Even other blacks!

Originally posted by BlackdudeNow im 17 and I live in the suburbs, but I have also spent some of my childhood in the ghetto. So I have seen blacks do some terrible crimes to asian americans. Although mainly roberies, there have lso been murders. Although there has RARELY been an attack on an asian american that was provocked by race issues, I still understand why some asians may be turned of by blacks.

That's what people apparenty don't like though. Even if you've been a victim to a ton of crimes committed by black people, you're not supposed to generalize. People will get sensitive, get their feelings hurt and point out that there are plenty of good blacks. Apparently we aren't allowed to generalize by race, unless of course that generalization is a positive trait.

People have been told that genetics have nothing to do with the way a person turns out. We're supposed to be equal. But we're not... I'm sure as work on genome's progress we will see that there is a lot more "nature" going on vs "nurture".

As far as the article. Most of it is ridiculous. Seems like he's reaching for a response. It worked!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I can't belive the editor wasn't fired right away for letting this go to press. Maybe the writer ment it as a satire but he's never going to work again for anyone with doesn't have nazi symbols in the paragraph headings.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That's what people apparenty don't like though. Even if you've been a victim to a ton of crimes committed by black people, you're not supposed to generalize. People will get sensitive, get their feelings hurt and point out that there are plenty of good blacks. Apparently we aren't allowed to generalize by race, unless of course that generalization is a positive trait.

Well... you SHOULDN'T genralize by race. If everyone walked around making generalizations on each other acording to race, then nobody would get along. Reason being, every race has done something negative to another race at some point in history. The reality of the situation is that every race on this planet has been enslaved at sometime in history.

On another note, its my opinion that the reason the majority of blacks in america are poor and live in ghettos, is because a lot of blacks are scrared of negative critisism. A lot of things that the KKK say about blacks are negative, but just because its negative doesn't mean it isn't true.(mind you not all of it)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

People have been told that genetics have nothing to do with the way a person turns out. We're supposed to be equal. But we're not... I'm sure as work on genome's progress we will see that there is a lot more "nature" going on vs "nurture".

So what your saying is you think some races are superior to other races in some ways.

Well Id be a blind fool if i were to say "thats not true, all people are the same under god"

Although a lot of good hearted people would like that to be a reality, there is no proof for it. And just to clear up something. I have come across a lot of white people who feel that caucasians are mentally superior to blacks. Well if this is true, there wouldn't be any blacks in high profile positions(which there are). There also wouldn't be an African American runnig for President.

Also people think that blacks are physically superior because we basically dominate sports. The reason for this is because alot of black athletes come from the ghetto, and the main thing that people in the ghetto do to pass time is play sports. So over time your body gets conditioned to that of an athlete. So this is a case of nurture, not nature

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think that crime in the Ghetto has little to do with race, but a lot to do with poverty. Poor neighborhoods filled with any type of race in particular are usually full of crime and gangs. Then there's the media who glorify the gangster life,.... or the life of drug dealers. Kids grow up in front of the TV while their parents are either working or just not there, so kids start dreaming about making lots of money. Fastest way to do that is to engage in criminal conduct, (as it rarely happens) become a rapper, or basketball star.

Whites have completely different role models on TV. You've got the good cops, a white-looking Jesus, white-looking saints, white lawyers, judges, scholars, scientists, Bill Gates, Donald Trump,... etc. etc. etc. If a white kid turns on the TV, he/she's got plenty of role-models to relate to and choose from. I know that more shows now contain the black good guys, but blacks are still mostly known for being rappers, sports stars, gangsters and drug dealers. Of course you also have black comedians who many times use explicit language, which can teach a kid that this is a desireable trait to have. It's as if black comedy wouldn't be complete without 100 foul words. I'm not saying white comedians don't cuss, but there certainly are more white comedians who are funny to white people without all that language. And then there is the stereotypical image of a black American who's trying to teach hard-working whitey how to be more "relaxed", have a little more fun,... not worry so much.
Rarely do you see a black scientist speaking on the Discovery Channel. Rarely do you see the black Donald Trump talk about his success in business. There's just not enough good stuff for a black kid to relate to as he sits in front of the TV all day, waiting for his mother to get back. BET is a joke in my opinion. So who controls what's being shown on TV? Why do they continue to present young black kids with these inadequate role models??

And then there's the ebonics which just serves to separate black Americans from white Americans even more. Sometimes it seems like they are a competely different culture that a white person may find difficult to understand. It's not enough that they have a different skin color, they seem to have an almost different language too. To many white people this may seem either as a form of rebellion against white America, or like an intelligence issue, asking themselves why many black Americans have difficulty speaking proper English. Many whites have come to accept, even immitate popular black culture over these past few years so I think whites are slowly becoming more understanding toward blacks........ so hopefully that understanding helps more black Americans to escape the Ghetto. Yet,.... unless you speak proper English, who is going to want to hire you to speak with high-end clients (foreign or domestic), even if you have the education?? And again with the TV role models...... it's definitely not building a positive image for the older white Americans who watch it, and assume that since this is the only way they ever see black Americans act, that's how they must be in real life too.
For those who say TV doesn't have that big an effect on people, I call B.S. Sadly I know plenty of people who try to immitate or live the way people do on TV. TV creates dreams for lots of people, whether or not they want to admitt it. Adults are more likely to distinguish between fantasy and reality, but for the five year old sitting there all day without parental supervision it's a little harder to do.

So why are black Americans in this position right now? Well to be honest, Slavery didn't happen all that long ago, and racism was clear even into the late 80s and 90s. Whites were, and still are more likely to hire whites,... even based on race alone. They see all that dancing, rapping and explosive attitude on TV and probably think (as stupid as that sounds).. "I don't want that in my office". If you can't get a job, you're not going to get out of the Ghetto. I think maybe slowly it is going away, but it will take at least a couple more generations until black Americans can finally lift themselves from the financial depression they find themselves in currently. I hate to say it and I hope I'm wrong, but I think assimilation might be their best chance. That's what all the foreign immigrants do when they enter this country. They try to speak and look as white-American as possible. I know, because I'm one of them.

So... those are just my simple opinions on the matter. If I'm wrong, so be it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join