It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if I post random comments on here completely by accident?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I mean, I sometimes go on this one forum called "randominsanityonline", and I find it fun. But what would the mods response be when I accidentially posted one of my posts from there over here on ATS by a complete mistake?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If it was something inappropriate, but it was by complete accident, why wouldn't you just edit it to remove it? But I fail to see how you could accidentally post anything. We... kinda... have to actually click the "Post Reply" button ourselves.

The fact your planning this, how does that indicate to anyone it was a mistake?

This one confuses me.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Depends on the post, the forum and the mod. We have threads in BTS that are designed for random posts. Post it there and you might get an applause (though doubtful.)

Post somethng random and off the wall in a serious and ongoing discussion on ATS and you could get a warn, or it could just be deleted.

If you have a good reputation on the boards you may get a U2U. If you are a known troll you could get banned.

Every situation is handled with respect to the member, the post and the forum.

I would not recommend it though.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
If it was something inappropriate, but it was by complete accident, why wouldn't you just edit it to remove it? But I fail to see how you could accidentally post anything. We... kinda... have to actually click the "Post Reply" button ourselves.

The fact your planning this, how does that indicate to anyone it was a mistake?

This one confuses me.

Well, how did I plan what, and what did I plan? I'll edit the posts when I make a mistake though. i was asking what would happen when I don't have my contacts on and then put something stupid down here by mistake.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   
well what I do when I completely screw up, is delete the post then change the tittle to "Please Delete" and a mod from that forum or a Supermod tosses it in the trash bin.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
No Worries!

You can always count on sympathy and understanding from your friendly moderator staff.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
How does one post by accident exactly?

I have enough difficulty posting on purpose...

Semper

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
I have enough difficulty posting on purpose...

!!!!

By the way Maverickhunter, a jersey cow inside a skyscraper single-handledly conquers some hole puncher. Another movie theater leaves, and a muddy power drill starts reminiscing about lost glory; however, the briar patch toward another crank case can be kind to a movie theater from the plaintiff. An unstable sandwich flies into a rage, but a Eurasian abstraction plans an escape from the single-handledly skinny scythe a magnificent tomato. The cosmopolitan submarine goes deep sea fishing with a paternal parking lot.

Just remember that the triple paranoid compiles a decreasing negative.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   

What if I post random comments on here completely by accident?

There is always the "EDIT" button.

And if the "edit window" is closed already, you can always offer up an apology for the misplaced post.

But before even those two have a chance of occurring, you always have the option of holding your tongue.

I have often wanted to post comments here that would be construed as "off-topic", but most of the time I think better of it, and forego hitting the "Post Reply" button in the first place. (There are a few that regrettably, I hadn't followed my own advice on though.)

So basically what I am trying to say is "think before you post".

edit for clarity.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I once said "monkeys are fun" on here. What will happen when random comments like these persist? Oh and Majic thanks for your input, I can see that I could look to mods for understanding.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I once said "monkeys are fun" on here. What will happen when random comments like these persist?

Anarchy my friend. Pure anarchy.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well when you're posting look at the screen. If it says "ATS" then don't post the random comment. If it says whatever other website - post it.

It's that simple. Right?

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I once said "monkeys are fun" on here.

It's one thing to talk the talk... But can you walk the walk?

It's all fruits and nuts to me, or more specifically "who threw the poo?"

It was me of course... Sometimes when one gets their hands dirty so to speak, the ability to raise a convincing alibi is hard to come by...

I prefer my levity measured by the barrel...

Random Monkeys, not just for the occasional drive by post anymore...

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me

I once said "monkeys are fun" on here.

It's one thing to talk the talk... But can you walk the walk?

It's all fruits and nuts to me, or more specifically "who threw the poo?"

It was me of course... Sometimes when one gets their hands dirty so to speak, the ability to raise a convincing alibi is hard to come by...

I prefer my levity measured by the barrel...

Random Monkeys, not just for the occasional drive by post anymore...

I am afraid I may speak in internet speak or I may say something like "ZOMG that's what she said" by a complete accident. It's just a natural instinct. Because I goto another site.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ther are several ways to stop this if you feel it may be problem.

1. READ YOUR OWN POSTS. Pretty simple.

2. Hit the preview button before you post so you can READ YOUR OWN POST.

3. Get out of the habbit of posting random comments, or READ YOUR OWN POST before submitting.

Glad I could help.

M.Agenda!

[edit on 3-3-2007 by Midwest Agenda]

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You have a brain...use it.

top topics

join