It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wine drinkers live more healthily than beer drinkers--study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
News Source

COPENHAGEN -- Wine drinkers tend to buy healthier food than beer drinkers, according to a Danish study published Tuesday on the website of a weekly medical review.

People who bought wine at the store were also more likely to buy more olives, fruits and vegetables, fish, lean meats and dairy products than beer consumers did, said the study.

I guess I don't have to worry about this because I drink both

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I can see where this might prove to be the truth. I don’t drink beer, but I do drink wine when the spirit moves me. My husband drinks beer, and I would say he eats way more unhealthy than I do. He’s the one with stomach trouble too, acid reflux disorder. I wonder if there is any links from beer drinking, (and the said diet) to AFD?

I generally think wine drinkers don’t have many tummy problems…if I’m wrong, someone please correct me.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jensouth31

I generally think wine drinkers don’t have many tummy problems…if I’m wrong, someone please correct me.

This should be true to some (especially myslef). What I don't understand is some of my friends who drink beer more than I do, still have flat stomachs, yet they don't do excercise.

I mean wine itself may not cause you tummy problems but food that you eat along with red wine may cause you tummy problems.

join