It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the moderating in ATS too strict?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Your making an assumption that we are about to get out of hand based on what?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

The moderating is what it is man..... Making a thread about it wont change it either....

Mods can and have been a little eager to do their job but others can go out of their way to help.... they are individuals and humans too and as such, are prone to error and so on.

I find that there are some fantastic Moderators here and some that I really don't care for.... but I feel the same about the members and I'm sure some of them feel the same way.

We're all just people on here man.... not everyone gets along.... but the one thing we can all do is be civil to one another.
Insulting someone or swearing at them is just pointless.... it proves nothing, only that your vocabulary is lacking and that you must resort to foul language.
There have been times I wanted to let rip with a tirade of abuse, I'm sure we all have.... but you just bite your tongue and deal with it in a more rational and mature way.

[edit on 22/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Again why are topic's about ATS moderation put into below top secret or closed shortly after they are posted, not everything is a conspiracy but this sure is...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Not all topics are.... I'm guessing that they considered your thread to be a rant and that's why it ended up in the rant section of BTS.

Also, it doesn't look good to new members if on the front page if there threads complaining about ATS.... but that's just my own guess?

Also there is a complaint/suggestion form that was implemented to get rid of so many pointless complaints threads.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

So I have to be fashionable correct?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Eh?

I don't think fashionable comes into it.... not sure what you mean.

Also this thread will be closed soon too, and you will be told to redirect any issues to staff via the complaints/suggestions form....

My psychic ability tells me this.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Of course it will...
and that's the point...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

It's not really the point.... would you like somebody coming to your house and then complaining about everything while they were there?
Telling you what to do and moaning about everything?

I don't agree with the way ATS does many things but I accept it.... because it's their site, not ours.
Believe me... over the 2 years or so I've been here there have been many arguments and many battles about different issues relating to the site.... and on every single one, ATS wins.... our view is irrelevant.

I'm not saying that to try and slate ATS...That's just the way it is.

It's their way or the highway, either deal with it or find somewhere else to post and read stuff.

I don't mean to be harsh and not saying this to annoy you, just telling it like it is man....You and I are just guests here, that's all.

Peace

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ok, now I can respect what you just said...But they can't expect people to stay here with that attitude towards everyone...
Before you sounded like a babbling brooke but your last statement was a bit better...It is their site and they can have it...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   

no assumptions...

with comments like this....

Oh I'm sure it will all mighty one...

We've seen where these threads go.

So again, please respond in a civil and courteous manner.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

So a sarcastic remark is also against the rules?
I didn't see that...

also they go to that O-so-special place for a reason...

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NWOWILLFALL]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yes, it can be, especially when directed at another ATS member.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

So if I said "I really like you elevateone" and I was being really, really sarcastic that would be against the rules?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Man you sure seem to be on the "I wanna push the staff to the very edge of reason" thing.

I don't really understand why you have decided this course of action.

It is of course futile. All it does is show immaturity on your part and makes you look like a total ass.

If you don't like how ATS is run, you don't have to be here. No one forces you to be here. The way you are acting makes you look like a troll.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh so now I'm being accused of trolling...Hmm...
I would love for someone to send me info of a site that's setup like this because as I've stated I like the website Do not like most of the staff's actions thus far...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm all for Denying Boredom but your failed attempt at resurrecting a 3 year-old "I hate Mods" rant is REALLY, REALLY WEAK.

If you want to get banned hurry up and get it over with, go out with a bang, not this whimper.

Yeah, there's a few bad apples in the Mod tree...I've had several threads sent to BTS unfairly (IMO) but I managed to get over it, maybe you need to concentrate on making a positive contribution to the site if in fact that is a possibility.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Is this a reply to me?
/
/
/
/

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Do not like most of the staff's actions thus far...

Then make your own site, and get your own staff, because from where I sit by far the staff here are great, if you don't like them, well that's your problem not the staff's problem.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Well, you brought the thread back from the grave, right?

I said my peace, good day Sir.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

How come I have a feeling that you are apart of the staff?
/
/
/
/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join