It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN News Reports WTC Building 7 collapse Minutes before it collapses

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
what about this video doesn't make sense? They knew the building might collapse, which is why they got everyone out. I can't believe there are STILL people out there that think there were bombs in the towers.

After seeing the Twin Towers fall into their basements fear of the same thing happening to other buildings is more than reasonable, especially considering all the stresses operating that day.

What do you think about this?

Prison Planet: 20 second demolition countdown preceded WTC building 7 collapse

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

what about this video doesn't make sense? They knew the building might collapse, which is why they got everyone out. I can't believe there are STILL people out there that think there were bombs in the towers.

Speak for yourself.... I STILL can't believe there are people who research 9/11 and buy the same BS you do about it, and I know I'm not alone in that regard.

So tell me, where did the building go?! STRAIGHT. DOWN. It didn't buckle in the middle and leave two sides partially standing, it didn't collapse on the side with the most damage and then have the rest follow it down, it didn't fall forward, it didn't fall backward, it fell down SYMMETRICALLY and in a timely fashion. What planet do you live on where debris falls "perfectly" enough to damage a building to the point where it collapses hours and hours later on from fire? If the falling debris was THAT bad then the building should have went down much sooner, and last time I checked fires can't communicate with each other to destroy support columns uniformly, how the hell did fire do it in this instance?

I'm not buying it for a second lizzie, but you must be getting it on sale.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Boy! The debunkers and quasi-scientist are coming out of the steelwork.
I thought the real Docs & PHD's settled this a long time ago.

If WE are ever going to help ourselves out of this mess, please drop the egos
and do your homework!

www.scholarsfor911truth.org...

I guess we can't have BBQ grills anymore....they will melt from the heat. Right?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox
SMALL FIRES??? Guys... watch the video!!! Look at the smoke POURING out of the building! yeah small fires.....

Most of that smoke is coming from other buildings and the burning footprints. Have you ever seen the fires in WTC5 or 4? You can actually see the flames in those buildings -- let alone the smoke (a lot of it). They were both behind WTC7. Building six and the remains of 1 and 2 were putting out a lot of dust/smoke/etc. too, all of this behind WTC7 with a southward wind. Think about it.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBman
If anything this video gives debunkers of the BBC thread a lot of ammo.

"we are getting information now that building 7 is on fire and has collapsed or is about to collapse" or something to that effect. imo, this supports the error theory. However, as already mentioned how did any one know this was going to happen, as there were only small fires and that no steel building had ever collapsed due to fire?

Very interesting in deed. I wonder who told them and if it was the same person who worked with Silversten on this.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   

To me what doesn't make sense is how anybody could know so precisely *WHEN* the WTC7 building was going to collapse. WTC7 was burning for 8 hours, and yet it appears that the media was cued to within minutes of when WTC7 was going to fall.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you believe with absolute certainty that there were no bombs in WTC7?

Even if the bin Laden version of 9/11 is correct, what would have stopped terrorists from rigging the buildings, especially WTC7, with some bombs?

What I can't believe is that anybody can conclude there were *no* bombs considering no investigation was done re bombs in the building. Do you also believe that the explosive residue found on the Flight 800 wreckage was from bomb sniffing dogs?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CameronFox

So we go there and on the north and east side of 7 it didn’t look like there was any damage at all,
but then you looked on the south side of 7 there had to be a hole 20 stories tall in the building,
with fire on several floors. Debris was falling down on the building and it didn’t look good.

"WTC 7 was also the location of a kind of a doomsday bunker, (a $15 million project of Rudy Giuliani's) a command post from which to operate in case of a total infrastructure breakdown. Building 7 had apparently been bullet proofed and reinforced to withstand hurricane force winds and attacks of all kinds, a fact which makes it's fatal vulnerability to falling debris all the more puzzling."
Source

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
It'd be nice to know what time the explosions accured. If it was right after the plane hit then it may have been the malfunction in the elevators that caused the big boom. I don't know if anyone has seen the documentary 9|11, but it has the only footage from inside the WTC on 9/11 and it talks of something blowing up in the elevators right after the plane hit. NIST says that "fuel flowed down the floors and into the elevator and utility shafts", which may have been what caused the explosions talked about in the film. There are also explosion type sounds heard throughout the scenes in WTC 1, and sadly a LOT of them are simply people jumping out of windows. That being said, there are TONS of other reasons that there may have been explosions, and explosion-type sounds. Here are some webpages that talk about this more:

911myths.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nick7261

To me what doesn't make sense is how anybody could know so precisely *WHEN* the WTC7 building was going to collapse. WTC7 was burning for 8 hours, and yet it appears that the media was cued to within minutes of when WTC7 was going to fall.

Just out of curiosity, what makes you believe with absolute certainty that there were no bombs in WTC7?

Even if the bin Laden version of 9/11 is correct, what would have stopped terrorists from rigging the buildings, especially WTC7, with some bombs?

What I can't believe is that anybody can conclude there were *no* bombs considering no investigation was done re bombs in the building. Do you also believe that the explosive residue found on the Flight 800 wreckage was from bomb sniffing dogs?

they didn't know WHEN, they just knew that it was most likely going to. Why am i 100% certain there were no bombs in any buildings is that it takes months and months to prepare a building for demolition using explosives and there is NO way they could have secretly done it. Just look at the preperation for this building from Controlled Demo, INCs website. Also if you watch the videos of any of CDs demos you can see they look nothing like what happened in WTC7

www.controlled-demolition.com...

it took 2 days to place the explosives.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

NIST says that "fuel flowed down the floors and into the elevator and utility shafts", which may have been what caused the explosions talked about in the film.

This explanation defies common sense, imo. How could the fuel a) keep from igniting on the top floors, and b) travel 800 feet to the ground levels without igniting, and then c) suddenly explode in the basement?

There are also explosion type sounds heard throughout the scenes in WTC 1, and sadly a LOT of them are simply people jumping out of windows.

What???? People jumping out of windows sound like explosions???

Do you a source for this or is this just your theory, or a parroted theory from a debunker site?

That being said, there are TONS of other reasons that there may have been explosions, and explosion-type sounds. Here are some webpages that talk about this more:

911myths.com...

So why is it that *all* of these TONS of theories are possible in your mind, but the theory of a bomb causing an explosion is beyond your realm of belief?

If you want to learn more about when the explosions were heard, and who heard them, here's some eye-witness accounts:

Source: NY Times

Rich Banaciski -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.) [Ladder 22]
We were there I don't know, maybe 10, 15 minutes and then I just remember there was just an explosion. It seemed like on television they blow up these buildings. It seemed like it was going all the way around like a belt, all these explosions.

Brian Becker -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.) [Engine 28]
So I think that the building was really kind of starting to melt. We were -- like, the melt down was beginning. The collapse hadn't begun, but it was not a fire any more up there. It was like -- it was like that -- like smoke explosion on a tremendous scale going on up there.

Greg Brady -- E.M.T. (E.M.S.) [Battalion 6]
We were standing underneath and Captain Stone was speaking again. We heard -- I heard 3 loud explosions. I look up and the north tower is coming down now, 1 World Trade Center.

We were standing in a circle in the middle of West Street. They were talking about what was going on. At that time, when I heard the 3 loud explosions, I started running west on Vesey Street towards the water. At that time, I couldn't run fast enough. The debris caught up with me, knocked my helmet off.

Timothy Burke -- Firefigter (F.D.N.Y.) [Engine 202]
Then the building popped, lower than the fire, which I learned was I guess, the aviation fuel fell into the pit, and whatever floor it fell on heated up really bad and that's why it popped at that floor. That's the rumor I heard. But it seemed like I was going oh, my god, there is a secondary device because the way the building popped. I thought it was an explosion.

Ed Cachia -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.) [Engine 53]
It actually gave at a lower floor, not the floor where the plane hit, because we originally had thought there was like an internal detonation explosives because it went in succession, boom, boom, boom, boom, and then the tower came down. With that everybody was just stunned for a second or two, looking at the tower coming down.

Frank Campagna -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.) [Ladder 11]
There was nobody in the intersection, nobody in the streets in general, everyone just saying come on, keeping coming, keep coming. That's when [the North Tower] went. I looked back. You see three explosions and then the whole thing coming down. I turned my head and everybody was scattering. From there I don't know who was who. I don't even know where my guys went. None of us knew where each other were at at that point in time.

Craig Carlsen -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.) [Ladder 8]
I guess about three minutes later you just heard explosions coming from building two, the south tower. It seemed like it took forever, but there were about ten explosions. At the time I didn't realize what it was. We realized later after talking and finding out that it was the floors collapsing to where the plane had hit.

You did hear the explosions [when the North Tower came down]. Of course after the first one -- the first one was pretty much looking at in like in awe. You didn't realize that this was really happening because you kind of just stood there and you didn't react as fast as you thought you were going to. The second one coming down, you knew the explosions. Now you're very familiar with it.

Jason Charles -- E.M.T. (E.M.S.)
I grabbed her and the Lieutenant picked her up by the legs and we start walking over slowly to the curb, and then I heard an explosion from up, from up above, and I froze and I was like, oh, s___, I'm dead because I thought the debris was going to hit me in the head and that was it.
Then everybody stops and looks at the building and they they take off. The Lieutenant dropped her legs and ran. The triage center, everybody who was sitting there hurt and, oh, you know, help me, they got up and and everybody together got up and ran. I looked at them like why are they running? I look over my shoulder and I says, oh, s___, and then I turned around and looked up and that's when I saw the tower coming down.

North Tower:
We start walking back there and then I heard a ground level explosion and I'm like holy s___, and then you heard that twisting metal wreckage again. Then I said s___ and everybody started running and I started running behind them, and we get to the door.

Frank Cruthers -- Chief (F.D.N.Y.) [Citywide Tour Commander]
And while I was still in that immediate area, the south tower, 2 World Trade Center, there was what appeared to be at first an explosion. It appeared at the very top, simultaneously from all four sides, materials shot out horizontally. And then there seemed to be a momentary delay before you could see the beginning of the collapse.

James Curran -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.)
A guy started scremaing to run. When I got underneath the north bridge I looked back and you heard it, I heard like every floor went chu-chu-chu. Looked back and from the pressure everything was getting blown out of the floors before it actually collapsed.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Fuel explodes and burns or does not explode.Some fuel does not explode and the rest flows elsewhere.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Jason Charles -- E.M.T. (E.M.S.)
I grabbed her and the Lieutenant picked her up by the legs and we start walking over slowly to the curb, and then I heard an explosion from up, from up above, and I froze and I was like, oh, s___, I'm dead because I thought the debris was going to hit me in the head and that was it.
Then everybody stops and looks at the building and they they take off. The Lieutenant dropped her legs and ran. The triage center, everybody who was sitting there hurt and, oh, you know, help me, they got up and and everybody together got up and ran. I looked at them like why are they running? I look over my shoulder and I says, oh, s___, and then I turned around and looked up and that's when I saw the tower coming down.

North Tower:
We start walking back there and then I heard a ground level explosion and I'm like holy s___, and then you heard that twisting metal wreckage again. Then I said s___ and everybody started running and I started running behind them, and we get to the door.

Frank Cruthers -- Chief (F.D.N.Y.) [Citywide Tour Commander]
And while I was still in that immediate area, the south tower, 2 World Trade Center, there was what appeared to be at first an explosion. It appeared at the very top, simultaneously from all four sides, materials shot out horizontally. And then there seemed to be a momentary delay before you could see the beginning of the collapse.

James Curran -- Firefighter (F.D.N.Y.)
A guy started scremaing to run. When I got underneath the north bridge I looked back and you heard it, I heard like every floor went chu-chu-chu. Looked back and from the pressure everything was getting blown out of the floors before it actually collapsed.

Kevin Darnowski -- Paramedic (E.M.S.)
I started walking back up towards Vesey Street. I heard three explosions, and then we heard like groaning and grinding, and tower two started to come down.

Dominick Derubbio -- Battalion Chief (F.D.N.Y.) [Division 8]
After a while we were looking up at the tower, and all of a sudden someone said it's starting to come down.

This would be the first one.

This one here. It was weird how it started to come down. It looked like it was a timed explosion, but I guess it was just the floors starting to pancake one on top of the other.

Karin Deshore -- Captain (E.M.S.)
Somewhere around the middle of the World Trade Center, there was this orange and red flash coming out. Initially it was just one flash. Then this flash just kept popping all the way around the building and that building had started to explode. The popping sound, and with each popping sound it was initially an orange and then a red flash came out of the building and then it would just go all around the building on both sides as far as I could see. These popping sounds and the explosions were getting bigger, going both up and down and then all around the building.

Brian Dixon -- Battalion Chief (F.D.N.Y.)
I was watching the fire, watching the people jump and hearing a noise and looking up and seeing -- it actually looked -- the lowest floor of fire in the south tower actually looked like someone had planted explosives around it because the whole bottom I could see -- I could see two sides of it and the other side -- it just looked like that floor blew out. I looked up and you could actually see everything blew out on the one floor. I thought, geez, this looks like an explosion up there, it blew out. Then I guess in some sense of time we looked at it and realized, no, actually it just collapsed. That's what blew out the windows, not that there was an explosion there but that windows blew out. The realization hit that it's going to fall down, the top's coming off. I was still thinking -- there was never a thought that this whole thing is coming down. I thought that that blew out and stuff is starting to fly down. The top is going to topple off there.

Michael Donovan -- Captain (F.D.N.Y.)
Anyway, with that I was listening, and there was an incredibly loud rumbling. I never got to look up. People started running for the entrances to the parking garages. They started running for the entrances. I started running without ever looking up. The roar became tremendous. I fell on the way to the parking garages. Debris was starting to fall all around me. I got up, I got into the parking garages, was knocked down by the percussion. I thought there had been an explosion or a bomb that they had blown up there. The Vista International Hotel was my first impression, that they had blown it up. I never got to see the World Trade Center coming down.

James Drury -- Assistant Commissioner (F.D.N.Y.)
We were in the process of getting some rigs moved when I turned, as I heard a tremendous roar, explosion, and saw that the first of the two towers was starting to come down.

When the dust started to settle, I headed back down towards the World Trade Center and I guess I came close to arriving at the corner of Vesey and West again where we started to hear the second roar. That was the north tower now coming down. I should say that people in the street and myself included thought that the roar was so loud that the explosive - bombs were going off inside the building. Obviously we were later proved wrong.

The sight of the jumpers was horrible and the turning around and seeing that first tower come down was unbelieveable. The sound it made. As I said I thought the terrorists planted explosives somewhere in the building. That's how loud it was, crackling explosive, a wall. That's about it. Any questions?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

After seeing the Twin Towers fall into their basements fear of the same thing happening to other buildings is more than reasonable, especially considering all the stresses operating that day.

What do you think about this?

Prison Planet: 20 second demolition countdown preceded WTC building 7 collapse

Seriously? You can't figure this out? To PULL does not mean to blow something up, it means to PULL the firefighters out.

Second of all, you need to realize that Prison Planet and Loose Change are both big giant frauds. This webpage explains that in an easy way. I would not doubt that this "mike" guy is fake.

www.pointlesswasteoftime.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Nick. As shown/heard in the documentary 9|11. People jumping out of windows sounded like explosions, or a big BOOOM when they hit the ground. You should consider watching this video it may change your mind about some things. Also, do you even look at any of the links I provide? I'm pretty sure that page in my last post talks about the various other reasons for explosion type sounds. and theres another link in one of my other posts up there that explains why I dont think there were bombs in WTC.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by lizziex3]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoeGigz

I guess we can't have BBQ grills anymore....they will melt from the heat. Right?

I got rid of my grill within hours of 911.....and my kerosene heater for my garage.
I feel much safer now.

As I said on the BBC thread, this is just one of hundreds of anomalies, which by itself niether proves nor disproves anything, but taken collectivly they all point in one distinct direction.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
For those having trouble understanding why WTC7 could not have collapsed due to structural damage, think of a lumberjack chopping down a tree with an axe. Is that tree going to collapse in on itself? Now replace that tree trunk with a grid of iron bars.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Seriously? You can't figure this out? To PULL does not mean to blow something up, it means to PULL the firefighters out.

Second of all, you need to realize that Prison Planet and Loose Change are both big giant frauds. This webpage explains that in an easy way. I would not doubt that this "mike" guy is fake.

There are plenty of demolitions experts who would testify to the use of the term 'pull' to explain the demolition of a building. Also, if what was being 'pulled' was 'the firefighters out of the building' wouldn't it be 'pull them' not 'pull it'?

Hell, maybe that is what he meant, but the fact that 'pull' is used frequently in controlled demos, and the fact that he said 'it' and not 'them' adds enough ambiguity and uncertainty that 'Seriously, you can't figure this out' is not warranted.

Nick. As shown/heard in the documentary 9|11. People jumping out of windows sounded like explosions, or a big BOOOM when they hit the ground. You should consider watching this video it may change your mind about some things. Also, do you even look at any of the links I provide? I'm pretty sure that page in my last post talks about the various other reasons for explosion type sounds. and theres another link in one of my other posts up there that explains why I dont think there were bombs in WTC.

I don't care how high they have fallen from, human bodies hitting concrete make a 'thud' and not a 'big booom'.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

When you said the people jumping out of the windows sounded like explosions, I thought you meant when they jumped, not when they landed. Now I understand.

And yes, I look at all the links you provide. I've seen most of them before, as well as most of the CT sites, which I find pretty much a waste of time for the most part.

I like looking for interesting things in official documents, news stories, etc., rather than reading somebody else's interpretation, or misnterpretation, of what things mean.

Believe me, I'm in agreement with you that 95% of the CT stuff out there is totally useless, and it detracts from some of the more inexplicable issues.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheStev

There are plenty of demolitions experts who would testify to the use of the term 'pull' to explain the demolition of a building. Also, if what was being 'pulled' was 'the firefighters out of the building' wouldn't it be 'pull them' not 'pull it'?

Hell, maybe that is what he meant, but the fact that 'pull' is used frequently in controlled demos, and the fact that he said 'it' and not 'them' adds enough ambiguity and uncertainty that 'Seriously, you can't figure this out' is not warranted.

I don't care how high they have fallen from, human bodies hitting concrete make a 'thud' and not a 'big booom'.

If you watch that video you'll see what I mean. Anyways, this has been explained before so many times. Yes, they do use the term pull. they use the term pull meaning to PULL a building down using cables. Not to set off bombs. And the EMT and firefighters don't even have anything to do with demolishing buildings so it doesn't matter anyways. Maybe when Larry said pull IT, he ment pull the firefighting operation?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Perhaps that is what he meant. But as I say, there's more than enough ambiguity that we can't just 'figure it out' from what he said.

I would however dispute that the term 'pull' is only used when the building is literally pulled down by cables. Hell, even dictionary.com says this of 'pull'

38. pull down,
a. to draw downward: to pull a shade down.
b. to demolish; wreck.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join