It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Use The Search or Look For Your Topic BEFORE Posting a New Thread!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Bump, after getting three news threads on the same antigravity/levitation story today.

It's obvious people are not looking before posting.

[edit on 8/7/2007 by Gools]

Yeah I posted one of those on accident. I used the search, didn't come up with anything. It seems to happen a lot because people don't properly tag things.

Here is the tag for the first levitation thread: please see link for full artic,

Don't blame us, blame the poor tags

posted on Aug, 12 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I definitely agree that we all have to use the search functions before posting, however, I did notice something odd tonight about the boolean search.

When I entered the word "ufo" on the first line where a word or phrase must be returned, it did not return any results. However, when I did the same thing but then added the word "blimp" on the second line as a word that must be returned, it returned several threads. Shouldn't I have gotten returns when I only entered the word "ufo"?

The only thing I can think of is that the boolean search does not "pick up" words of less than four letters/characters because I noticed no results returned when I typed in "nwo" or "kgb" as well for example. It's not because the search function is case sensitive because I get the same results even if I type the three letters all in caps.

I do agree with what has already been said though about the fact that it makes sense to check the latest threads in the forum to which we want to post just to make sure something has not already been posted about that same topic.

[edit on 8/12/2007 by trek315]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
*bump for reminder*

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
*bump"

We've had about six threads on the saltwater as fuel story and at least five threads on the microchip implants causing cancer today.

Some people are not making any effort whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Wow. This is a great idea! Everyone should do this

Of course this only works if you can actually spell

What a conundrum.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

THANK YOU GOOLS,
this has been making me crazy lately..
I just hope the message gets to those that need it most.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hallelujah and all that...nobody wants a stack of repeated threads. Only the other week I repeated a thread....slightly embarrassing...ahem.

But please...

Will some of you guys stop pointing out the 'search function' on member's threads? We're not in school anymore so stop telling tales...

"Miss! Miss! Johnny's chewing gum in class again!"

Hit the alert button or just ignore the damn thread?!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The search feature on ATS is one of the worst out there. It returns the most awkward results, on a regular basis.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
what? oh yeah great thread
research info first people

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I don't think that the problem is with people that fail to do a search, but sometimes they are being written at the same time, and sometimes a mod will tell them that its been done and move it close it.

What bothers me is that some people will point out that the thread has been done before, and then link them to something that was written over a year ago.

This site has new members all the time, and could possibly deter them from posting because the beginning of their thread (which may be new to them) is full of responses on the fact that the thread has been done before and then linked something very old, and even possibly with a different view by now.

If it was done a week ago, or even a minute ago, yes of course that can be pointed it, but is it necessary for 20 people to point out the same thing, when obviously the previous post pointed that out?

just my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The threads get buried and it gets confusing to find what you are looking for, I understand not having too many threads on the same topic, but there is another side to it also. is it the noobs like me that arent familiar with the ins and outs that are doing this most, or is it everyone?

<< 1  2   >>

join