It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERROR LEVEL ORANGE - THE BIG PICTURE

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   
SO if/when we get attacked again will the terror alert go to RED? Maybe we will get a heads up and our gov't will give us the red flag before we get attacked.

posted on Dec, 25 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Looks like we're still not out of the woods.

New biochem warning from the FBI:

New FBI warning cites biochem threat
Feds advise security to be on alert for 'unusual powders, liquids, odors'

www.worldnetdaily.com...

smells to watch for:

bitter almonds (I need to go get some bitter almonds because I'm just not sure what this smells like:puz

"Smells may range from fruity/flowery to sharp/pungent, garlic/horseradish-like, bitter almonds, peach kernels and new-mown grass/hay," according to the FBI advisory.

That covers a lot, doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   

In addition, it lists several odors which are tell-tale signs of a WMD attack.
"Smells may range from fruity/flowery to sharp/pungent, garlic/horseradish-like, bitter almonds, peach kernels and new-mown grass/hay," according to the FBI advisory.

This seems a little on the spisific side, but still vauge.
Wonder what they really know.
This is kind of a broad spectrum of smells.
Now people are gonna be in the mall shopping, see a box or bag, smell the food court, and freak out.

L8R
BAKED

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
People are starting to get bored of this alert level, something will happen soon to ramp up the paranoia, they have to keep doing that or we lose interest.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

www.worldnetdaily.com...

smells to watch for:

bitter almonds (I need to go get some bitter almonds because I'm just not sure what this smells like:puz

Well this does me no good, I have a stuffy nose right now. I can't smell anything. For all I know I could be inhaling the chemical and not know it.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I've seen the missle launchers and police checkpoints around the Pentagon fairly regularly.
It's almost "no big deal" any more.
It's sad really, I grew up here, just minuits south of DC.
It's always been a rather calm, pleasent place to live.
The burbs still are (kinda).

I would not call myself parinoid, more like really concerned.
Living so close to DC is really starting to worry me.
The schools don't even take field trips there any more.
Some do, but most don't.
What worries me most is that you could say we live down wind.

L8R
BAKED

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Okay, I know I'm fixing get jumped on like a t-bone in a pack of hound dogs, but I REALLY DO BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE.

I DO believe that there was plot for at least one of these planes to hit Las Vegas.

I DO believe that the above plot was foiled.

I DO believe that the "certified pilot" scheduled for one of these flights who did not show up had to have been tipped off. My brother and i were just discussing this this morning. Either there is a bug in the US Embassy in Paris, or some one on the US or French side who knew the discussions taking place between the US Embassy and the French authorities tipped him off.

That's my 2 cents...remember, I'm just a dumb little white girl in Indian Territory...but that's what I think.

One Plot Foiled - THE THREAT IS NOT OVER

25 December 2003-- As specifically posted on this website on 8 December 2003 (17 days ago) and well documented at www.stevequayle.com (Terror Alert Update), data and intelligence identified New York, Washington, DC and Las Vegas as specific targets of the new al Qaeda plot. Within the past 24 hours, at least six flights originating from Paris destined for the US were grounded, with at least one of those flights intended to strike a major hotel complex in Las Vegas. Most recent information all but confirms that the hijackers were tipped off by French Intelligence officials despite advisories issued by US Intelligence agencies to await specific orders so that the potential hijackers could be apprehended.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And more, and more,and more,and more

More Threats From Bin Laden Reported
NewsMax.com
Friday, Dec. 26, 2003
With the world poised for the next terror shoe to drop, the Saudi weekly Al-Majallah is reporting that al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden will issue yet another video message -- after a massive attack on U.S. territory.
As reported in an Australian Associated Press story, Saudi weekly Al-Majallah will quote in its next edition an e-mail it reputedly received from a known official the bin Laden network

www.newsmax.com...

L8R
BAKED

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I believe the threat is true Val, and they just just #ed up at CDG airport in Paris, They could have EASILY caught the people if they took proper procedures into effect.

Fools!

And your right, we're not out of the woods yet, but the question is.. will we ever be safe?

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I believe the threat is true Val, and they just just #ed up at CDG airport in Paris, They could have EASILY caught the people if they took proper procedures into effect.

Fools!

And your right, we're not out of the woods yet, but the question is.. will we ever be safe?

Why fools? All people who were meant for those flights have been investigated and the few who didn't attend seem to be uninteresting at all. It is not like they told all people of those flights "if you are a maniac you can leave the airport now".

I just wonder what you mean by "proper procedures"?

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by shoo]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

People are starting to get bored of this alert level, something will happen soon to ramp up the paranoia, they have to keep doing that or we lose interest.

I agree, I think they may use some thing that happens else where, or creat a small deversion to reve up the need to be on top and to say "we told so, lets us just do what we want to keep you safe"

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

Fools!

Why fools? All people who were meant for those flights have been investigated and the few who didn't attend seem to be uninteresting at all. It is not like they told all people of those flights "if you are a maniac you can leave the airport now".

I just wonder what you mean by "proper procedures"?

[Edited on 26-12-2003 by shoo]

They could have easily penned them into the terminal and executed a full search of everyone, those terminals are very secure if the features are used correctly.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

www.worldnetdaily.com...

smells to watch for:

I'm on paranoid alert. I walked out of the house this morning and smelled natural gas/sewer smell and came back inside. That warning was the first thing I thought of. Thus far no trouble here. Thankfully.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

They could have easily penned them into the terminal and executed a full search of everyone, those terminals are very secure if the features are used correctly.

One thought i had was...piloting skills aren't uncovered in a search or interrogation. If someone has the knowledge and the will...they don't need box-cutters...and they won't necessarily be found out in a search.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Good point, Los. It really doesn't take that much skill to fly a plane into the ground.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Losonczy
One thought i had was...piloting skills aren't uncovered in a search or interrogation. If someone has the knowledge and the will...they don't need box-cutters...and they won't necessarily be found out in a search.

You took my thought
- but one thing...maybe somebody can shed some light upon it. Are flight captains checked? I mean, Air Arabia or Saudi-Air or whatever, all possible flying bombs if led by somebody who feels some ugly hate against the US lately.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What about cabin crew. The talk has been of pilots or passengers. But cabin crew have access to the entire plane.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   

exactely! The Bush administration has to keep the fear levels up throughout America otherwise the masses will lose interest in the valuble 'war on terror'. I'm not saying that there isn't a threat to American soil, it has got a hell of alot worse since the war in Iraq, but it is nothing like we are told by those cronies in the white house.

posted on Dec, 27 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

exactely! The Bush administration has to keep the fear levels up throughout America otherwise the masses will lose interest in the valuble 'war on terror'. I'm not saying that there isn't a threat to American soil, it has got a hell of alot worse since the war in Iraq, but it is nothing like we are told by those cronies in the white house.

Not just the Bush admin.
I think there is enough credibility behind these alerts.
NewYears eve will be interesting to watch.
Check this out!

Leader: Terrorists Planned To Attack Vatican On Christmas
Security Tightened Around Vatican In Recent Weeks

POSTED: 10:05 AM EST December 27, 2003
UPDATED: 10:28 AM EST December 27, 2003

ROME -- Terrorists planned to attack the Vatican with a hijacked plane on Christmas Day, Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi said in a newspaper interview published Saturday.

Berlusconi told Milan's Libero newspaper of a "precise and verified news of an attack on Rome on Christmas Day."

"A hijacked plane into the Vatican," Berlusconi is quoted as saying. "An attack from the sky, is that clear? The threat of terrorism is very high in this instant. I passed Christmas Eve in Rome to deal with the situation. Now I feel calm. It will pass."

www.local6.com...

L8R
BAKED

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join