It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16's in Full Afterburner over NW Ohio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
WOW...

in NW Ohio.... Toledo to be exact...

I'm right near the Air National Guard Base...

4 to 5 F-16's just buzzed over our building... full afterburner....

Now they land here all the time, right over our building, but never full AB... I don't know that they were landing... I wasn't near a window... but it sure was loud and sounded very fast.

Wonder what gives ? If anything...

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
well if its AB it would be a mis approach or take off, but 4 at the same time just sounds like a training ex. to me

sorry for the short reply but you only gave me a small amount of info to work from.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Could you tell if there were mutiple aircraft using burner??? On a missed approach they will push the throttles all the way forward, could be doing touch and go's as well.?

How far are you from the base?? I seriously doubt that they would be going all that fast near any residential area due to sonic booms breaking every house and car window in the nearby area....however, afterburner does not necessarily equate to speed always. Maybe they were doing minumum radius turns and putting the heat to em, or even doing mock close air support for an exercise??

Any number of things is possible really.....the point is, you got to hear some fun stuff, right!!!

Peace, Mondo

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If they had gone supersonic, you would have known it! Another possibility is that someone was having their final flight, and did a high speed run over the base, it is a regular occurance in Australia for a fighter pilot's final flight (always within regulations of course!)

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Aah! the famous Top Gun ATC flyby routine!!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hmm... strange, I just came across this article which talks about an almost identical incident which happened last summer, in Columbus, Ohio. It involved an F-16 from the 178th NG FS.

February 25, 2007 (by Lieven Dewitte) - The pilot of an Ohio Air National Guard F-16 with then-Lt. Gov. Bruce Johnson in the backseat broke several FAA regulations in his high-speed tour of Columbus, Ohio, last summer.

The Viper driver buzzed the city at speeds as high as 500 knots and altitudes as low as 2,100 feet last Aug. 17. FAA regulations restrict speed in that area to 250 knots and, according to the agency's report on the flight, the pilot did not have clearance to fly below 10,000 feet.

Source

Those Ohio NG pilots sure know how to have fun, apparently...

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Hehe .. crazy Ohioans.. last I saw a plane fly like that was on 9/11 when a few F-16's flew at absolute top speed right over where I live... they where low.. if they where not flying so darn fast I probably could have made out every detail of the plane, and the sonic boom was amazing.. broke a few picture frames. They where from Indiana though enrout to intercept Air Force 1

My personal thoughts on Toledo how ever..... I have knowledge from a secret source that there is a top secret war between Canada and America, and Canada will soon fall and become the 65th state of the United States (The other 14 are top secret and no one knows where they are) The planes where just on their way to bomb Canada!

new topics

top topics

join