It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

loud boom and house shook aurora???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
we just a minute ago heard a loud boom and the house shook ive heard that this happenes when aurora goes over but i didnt think they were over here in england.

any thoughts on this

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
probably just a fighter hitting mach

I really dont even think the aurora exists anymore, why? we got satellites that can see people walking on the street

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
im used to fighters because i used to live by raf mildenhall and raf lakenheath. plus im a bit of an aircraft freak im not as good as some of you guys but i can tell the difference between different fighters
it didnt sound like any of them ive heard of before it might not be the aurora but it was very strange because were i live now in shropshire all we have is raf tern hill and raf shrawbury and the recently retired raf cosford so we rarely have any fighters here except in june when cosford has an air show but its months until that.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Ever hear of Occams razor

Why are you jumping to wild conclusions? You saw nothing, have pressumably never seen Aurora, no for sure that it exists, and you were under the impression none were in the UK any way.

Yet one mystery bang and you reach for the fabled black project aircraft. There are a heap of resonable hypotheses you should have looked at first.

1) Atmospheric conditions. Low cloud for example can effect how sound reflects off the topography, as can humidity etc.

2) Different heights and bearings to what you have experienced of sonic booms in the past.

3) A visiting foreign aircraft you are not familiar with.

4) Something other than an aircraft or sonic boom.

Ask yourself this question.
If seasoned black project hunters who have actively been looking for Aurora for years cant find or photographically prove its existence, what makes a guy in Shropshire think one just rattled the windows of his house without seeing what caused it?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I'm way out on the other coast of the UK and further south and we had a tremendous boom in the middle of the night, not exactly sure when but it was about 4AM (ish) I think. Knocked out all the power for a few seconds too. Nothing else just a massive thunder like boom.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Well, for a start, aircraft are not allowed to go supersonic at all over the mainland UK at all, except for within restricted ranges and in times of emergency - the last of these occurred on Sept 11th 2001 when fighters were scrambled from RAF Leeming to protect London airspace - so its doubtful you heard a sonic boom.

If you had heard a boom from an aircraft you can bet that your local news would be full of it, because its not a specific local phenomenon.

Whats more likely is that you heard a pot blow out on a power line - which happens a lot more frequently than people might think, and can make one hell of a bang.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
well I'm on the coast and it woke all the dogs and set all the alarms off in the neighborhood! Got no idea what it was to be honest.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Good point neformore, and your suggestion about a line transformer is exactly the sort of rational explanation I was banging on about. Here in OZ transformers often blow out in hot weather and/or under heavy load, say on a hot night with stacks of air conditioners sucking the juice. Or for you at the moment central heating.

kickoutthejams similar experience at presumably around the same time and in a different area, makes me wonder if it wasnt the sonic boom from a meteor crossing the UK on atmospheric entry. Again not uncommon.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
These booms are happening all over the world. They are signs that we are near the end of this age. A new era is about to begin. These strange booms were prophesied about almost 20 years ago.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
These booms are happening all over the world. They are signs that we are near the end of this age. A new era is about to begin. These strange booms were prophesied about almost 20 years ago.

Oh really? Linkies please. Do tell us more. I'm always interested in finding out how I'm going to experience new eras, or die in a horrible manner.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by SkyWay

Oh really? Linkies please. Do tell us more. I'm always interested in finding out how I'm going to experience new eras, or die in a horrible manner.

You can learn about this prophecy, which was made in 1990, at the following link. The signs are all around us for all to see. Prophecy

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben94gt
probably just a fighter hitting mach

I really dont even think the aurora exists anymore, why? we got satellites that can see people walking on the street

BUT...

Satellites are predictable...

The trajectory of a satellite is constant and you can predict te time when it will be passing overhead. That way, anyone doing illicit could cover it up when the satellite passed over and then resume the behavior when it leaves.

But a spy plane can come and go at any minute. They're unpredictable.

[edit on 3/1/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I live in the uk and i work in the night, i work in power plant so work around a lot at night. One night i looked up and i saw a single point of light
at very high altitude as if it was in space, moving at very high speed.
The craft i saw that night had the characteristics of a craft that can be
descibed as very unsual and of military origin.
For the height it was flying at, it was moving at a frightening speed.
I do know a lot about air planes and military planes, i have been working at this plant for five years, so you say i see the sky atnight a lot and i see flying objects a lot but nothing like this one.
It covered a lot of distance in short time.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
TheRanchMan is on the right track, this is why the SR-71 was reactivated in the 90's. It is possible to retask a sattelite but this is limited by the amount of onboard thruster fuel.

As for thesun's mystery object, I assume you were able to discount a satellite, say the ISS for example. If you had noted the time, direction and angle from the horizon with your known position, it is possible to rule in or out a satellite. BTW what about the object led you to conclude it was of a millitary origin? Your description only mentioned a single point of light, it certainly sounded like a satellite, or possibly something entering the atmosphere. Any further description?

LEE.

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi,

I have to admit I'm with thebozeian on this one! Just because something goes boom in the night doesn't mean it is Aurora! Having said that it could still have been a sonic boom.

My grandparents used to live in St Austell, Cornwall. You would frequently hear Concord going supersonic as it left UK airspace years ago.
The other common cause of sonic booms are Meteors. Even small meteors travelling at many 1000's mph cause sonic booms often heard for miles. Most of these burn up before ever striking the earth.

I live around 10 miles away from a large power station which was recently demolished by an explosives team. There was a loud thump followed by several seconds of low frequency vibration which literally shook the entire house. It took me a few moments to work out what was going on. Any demolishion/quarrying with a 10 mile radius of you?

Cheers

Rob

posted on Mar, 5 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
we heard the same thing the other day just west of seattle by 1hr.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
As it's already been mentioned possibilities could be low flying aircraft, especially if you live near two RAF bases? Meteors that are known to create sonic booms. Power outage is another, did you experience a brief powercut or hear a humming sound? Any roadworks/demolitions going on near you? Is there a quarry near you where they may set off demolitions? Even a plane crash, although that would be highly unlikely since surely you would have ruled it out.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
saw something today myself. it was over florida and whatever it was, it was hauling. it was very high up, and not directly overhead so i was looking at it from about say a 40 degree angle. what caught my attention was the contrail... i recall there being 1 noticeable burst and a trail of very compact rings almost. what caught me most how ever was i would see the plane, then i wouldn't... it was intermittently disappearing and re-appearing from sight. when a cloud was in the way of it i could see it but, when it past the cloud there was no outline of an aircraft. it didnt look commercial and i couldnt recognize it as a fighter but i dont know much about aircraft ha'. i dont know what it was but like i said it was hauling ass and picking up speed

new topics

top topics

join