It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wil Wheaton Blogs About TNG

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The actor that played Wesley Crusher on the Star Trek series has been writing a blog about the different episodes.

He gives a rather lengthy review of each show, and his writing style is pretty funny and self deprecating when he speaks about his roll. He wraps up each blog with a few paragraphs about stuff that went on behind the scenes while filming, and I found that to be the most interesting part.

For any fans of the show this is a must read, I think you'll find it very interesting. I certainly came away with a changed view of Wil Wheaton.

His blog is here.....
www.tvsquad.com...

I think you'll be surprised at how funny he is.

After beaming down to the planet, the away team quickly learn three important facts:

1. The planet's inhabitants, called the Edo, like to jog everywhere.
2. They are all beautiful blond models, possibly descended from some sort of Maxim/FHM breeding program in the late 22nd century.
3. The entire planet is clothed in about 6 yards of fabric.

The Edo's leaders jog up and meet the away team, greeting them in the traditional Edo manner: lingering glances and inappropriately long hugs. Troi says, "I'm sensing a lot of boners, Commander."

Three teenagers show up, two guys and a girl. Liator points to Wesley and tells them that he's brought them a new friend to play with. One of the guys is so excited to play with Wesley, he literally bursts into flames before they can skip off together.

Those are two excerpts from his review of the episode called Justice.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
That's pretty funny stuff, I'm gonna check that out.

Thanks AD.

Whil Weaton is pretty open about his nerdyness I would assume being on TNG as kid was a hoot over all.

I know I'd have split my wig if I were a kid on star trek...any trek.

Just the chance to say something along the lines of "Beam me up...or down..." that'd be a kick.

SPiderj

Then again I'm a pretty huge nerd myself.

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
His review of the Naked Now episode is funny.

But before he is infected, Captain Picard tries to reason with Wesley, who is as reasonable as, well, as a drunken fourteen year-old nerd who is in control of a starship. Picard tells Wesley that he needs to chill and give him the keys, so he can lock a tractor beam onto the Tsiolkovsky and -- before he can finish, Wesley excitedly tells him, "Tractor beams are my specialty, Skipper," and turns off the comm. Skipper? Picard, and every Trekkie in the world, wants to kill Wesley,
www.tvsquad.com...

I can only find 9 reviews on his blog, I hope he does more.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
He gives a rather lengthy review of each show, and his writing style is pretty funny and self deprecating when he speaks about his roll.

As it should be.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wil has been blogging for quite a while now and not just on TNG. He also produces a podcast called Radio Free Burrito that you can access from his website at wilwheaton.net. His podcasts can be as funny and entertaining as his blog entries. Check it out!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lightseeker

Thanks lightseeker, I had no idea.

I'll check some of those out tonight when I have the time.
Here's a direct link for anyone else that wants to take a look.
www.wilwheaton.net...

top topics

join