It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mono

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else here has had mono at some point in their lives. If you did, do you think you could tell me how long it took for you to get over it and what you did to make yourself fell better? I've had it for about two weeks, and it sucks beyond belief. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I think you got a lot more time to go. Unless medicine has changed substantially since I was in high school regarding mono, that crap takes a long time to go away. I knew a guy who had it and he basically disappeared off the face of the Earth for a long time and missed a ton of school. Now he's 20 and still in high school.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
First of all, if you haven't already, get a second opinion on the mono. Mono is one of the most commonly misdiagnosed medical problems of all.

Good luck.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice, but I'm pretty sure I have it because they took a blood sample from me and determined that I had mono from the blood test.

posted on Mar, 4 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I had mono when I was 17. I think it took about 6 weeks before I was 75 % back on my feet. I did the only thing you can do....I slept around the clock for 6 weeks. My Grandma was kind enough to come and feed me, otherwise I would have starved to death also.

I remember it started with a sore throat, and I thought I had strep. When it came back negative for strep, they took blood. All of my family had to get a gamaglobin (sp?) shot, to pretvent them from getting it too.

It's not fun, and I feel for you.

posted on Mar, 6 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Mono

That has a lot of information on it.....

Says that the fatigue lasts one to two months....

I hope the link helps

Glandular Fever isn't nice at all..

top topics

join